Search results

  1. Best Chinese sticky rubbers that don't need boosting

    I don't know if Dr. N rubber, which probably is made in China, can be placed in this thread... But I will share: I am looking for 20% lighter equivalent of H3... an impossible task even with compromises in sponge thickness. Let's say I find the closest solution in the face of Dominance Spin...
  2. Hunter Apex AC blade from Paddle Palace? (Outer ALC with Limba/Ayous/Koto plies)

    Looks like kiri. Koto is more yellowish, it is also denser wood which will make the blade heavier and stiffer.
  3. Hurricane 3 Neo (Provincial Blue Sponge, 40 degrees) is the longest living (and the best) rubber I have ever tried.

    My most played H3 is prov BS 39 degrees, which I bought for just €20 from aliexpress (with a random hardness between 39 and 40). I boosted it with one layer of Seamoon II and one Falco platinum. The hardness became 50 shore O. But after a couple of weeks, the rubber became a bit harder, so I...
  4. Fastarc G1 slipping on slow balls?

    Mima Ito (and some other profy players) disagree. G1 have good grip. Less than tenergy line and hybrids, but it is more than enough to lift the ball with consistency. And it is a mile a head from Mark V, rubber that is still used by many. G1 is just not good for brushing and have hard top...
  5. Sword Razor blade

    Think here is the best place to drop my first impressions of Sword Razor. Bare blade, not sealed. The good: Ayous top layer Frequency 1160Hz Dimensions 165x155mm Speed at low impact ALL Relatively stiff The sweet spot is bigger than 5ply defensive blade like Yinhe 980 and 980XX, but smaller...
  6. Palio Energy 03 comparison with Allwood Blades?

    Think here is the best place to drop my first (and probably last) impressions of Palio Energy 03. Bare blade, not sealed. The so-so good: Weight 82g Frequency 1250Hz Dimensions 156x151mm Speed at low impact ALL Relatively stiff The sweet spot is bigger than 5ply wood, but smaller than OFF outer...
  7. Best Chinese sticky rubbers that don't need boosting

    Can't see the hype. The only good thing about LAC is the low weight. The sponge is fragile, the topsheet separates easily, every color has different properties. My green LAC shrink a lot in just 1 month. I boosted it to fix that, and the rubber became mushy asf. G09C is similar but better, and...
  8. Looking for a Fh Rubber

    Think your FH can be faster. Also, your movement is kind of short, like in warm-up. I never play with D09C, but I have various H3s and G09C. The last one can work with short movement, but H3s don't tolerate that. I can write about two possibilities: 1. Use of H3 (or similar) to improve your...
  9. My Top 10 best ALL+/OFF- (low intermediate) table tennis blades in 2026

    Good point, I miss that. So, let's remove it from the list. Dr. NB blades are also not cheap and, in some way, niche equipment. So, probably not a good choice for the beginner's second blade.
  10. My Top 10 best ALL+/OFF- (low intermediate) table tennis blades in 2026

    I agree with you with exeption for Goriki Super Drive. Descreption of Danshi is misleading at best: One more for the list - Spinlord Ultra Carbon Def 2021 - All+ to Off-.
  11. My Top 10 best ALL+/OFF- (low intermediate) table tennis blades in 2026

    I have these blades and the speed rating is based on my personal comparison with other blades. Going into detail, every blade has weight and speed tolerance. Also, there is marketing misleading. Many blades are presented as Off or Def but in reality are All. I write about 980, 980XX, and Dr. NB...
  12. My Top 10 best ALL+/OFF- (low intermediate) table tennis blades in 2026

    Yinhe: 980 - All + 980XX - All Dr. NB: Gladiator - All Matador Titan - Off - - Nittaku: Goriki Danshi - between Def and All+ depending of the applied force. Here is meassured frequencies of varius blades. Link to OOAK forum: https://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=31831
  13. Generating heavy backspin with long pips chop

    It depends on the rubber. I observed the highest spin variation with Degu 2. That is very spiny SP. With SDK the spin variation is there, but was not so dangerous. Both of them are in a horizontal orientation. I played some time ago with Pimple Slide (vertical pips) but my notes mention only...
  14. Generating heavy backspin with long pips chop

    Chopping at 50rpm is not a challenge for an experienced looper. Especially with overly boosted H3. Pips, no pips, classic chop, strawberry chop - nothing matters when the return ball is high and accessible. If you are playing against people that can't lift backspin, probably they game does not...
  15. Generating heavy backspin with long pips chop

    Watch Honoka Hashimoto. See how fast she moves her hand. Looking from a far her play is like a dance. But that is coming from thousands of hours of practice. And there is a lot of tension if you focus on the details. For example, how fast she twiddles, how she changes blade angle, service...
  16. Generating heavy backspin with long pips chop

    Things that can improve spin generation - slow and flexible blade with a softer top layer. Thicker sponge, soft and gripy pips and, most importantly, fast hand movement. Twiddle can solve your issue, just practice more to include it.
  17. Hurricane 3 + protective films

    Everything in TT is try and error. My 3 H3s are more than 9 months old and the most used one has ~70 hours. Play as good as 90% new. I clean them with distillate water and use non sticky cover sheet. Let some drops of water between the sheet and the rubber and roll a cylinder to remove all the...
  18. Alternative to Dignics 09C

    My red sheet of 729 limitless 37-39 weight 56g cut to 157x150mm. Very sticky, more than H3 and with similar speed. The thickness of the two sponges is not consistent, so good luck with ball accuracy. I never play with D09C, but I have G09C, and is significantly faster and more dynamic. Also...
  19. Hurricane 3 + protective films

    For H3 and other sticky rubber, DI water and non sticky film, no bubbles, no worries. H3 can oxidize, so protection from air is a must. During game just brush with your hand in the middle area, aka working surface. If the rubber is oxidized and loses some grip, you can use this magical potion...
Top