Search results

  1. Best Chinese sticky rubbers that don't need boosting

    Can you compare B3 purple with H3N in short game? I am wondering how much of the bounce is present in light hits, also, is it high throw rubber like D09C? I ordered the purple rubber 40 deg red and will share my observations when it arrives.
  2. How many complete racket setups do you own?

    Before 1 year, I had 3 setups, but EJ virus hit me hard and now I have more: 1. Dr. N Gladiator + H3N 39 BS nat. + H3N 38 OS prov; 2. Goriki Danshi + G1 1.7mm+ Super Do Knuckle 1.4mm; 3. Dr. N Matador Titan + TDE + Ilius B 1.3mm; 4. 980XX + H3 39 BS prov + Degu II 1.8mm; 5. Spinlord Ultra...
  3. Interested in playing long pips.

    I like Ilius B 1.3mm for allround play. Very easy in attack, push and chop. But unsignificant reversal in block. In general, adding sponge reduces spin reversal but improves attacking capabilities. The thicker the sponge, the closer to inverted. Frictionless pips are banned. There is a minimal...
  4. Next blade recommendations after my nittaku acoustic

    + Honoka Hashimoto 🥰 with 7 layers walnut and 100g ++ Goriki Super Cut.
  5. Dr Neubauer Matador Titan

    I don't have MTC, but it looks like Matador Titan is with the same walnut top and ayous second layer. So, expect it to be with the same hardness on low hits. On hard hit expect to be softer due to the titan mesh is softer than carbon. Also, I can bet that Titan is overall slower than MTC. Prov...
  6. Dr Neubauer Matador Titan

    I tested it for ~ 3 hours with 2 sets of rubbers: Mantra Pro XH + 388c-1 1.2 mm and TDE + Ilius B 1.3mm. My first impressions are that Dr. N Matador Titan is stable and have some gears. On high impact played like OFF-, on low like ALL. Dwell time on BH was high for a stiff blade but lower than...
  7. thoughts on Fastarc G1

    So, it is bad quality. I am not aware of the existing fake G1. My 2 sheets G1 were slightly curved in opposite direction — the sponge is smaller than the topsheet. The hardness was around 48 deg.
  8. thoughts on Fastarc G1

    What glue and cleaner you use?
  9. Wood blade recommendations for H3N 39 on FH

    It is a good idea. See how it will play in your hand and, in the best case, will skip buying one extra blade.
  10. Adding a Koto Outer Ply to the FH of blade?

    I tried something similar in the past with an extra 0.5mm cork layer. The result was not so magical and I removed it. Still have sinful thoughts about adding an extra layer, but I am stopping myself from that rabbit hole. For now. Consider the next points: -BH side will also be affected - extra...
  11. Wood blade recommendations for H3N 39 on FH

    Just for reference - H3N becomes very easy on flexible all wood blade (980XX, 5ply, ALL-). The extra drell time and higher trow makes the opening loops unmistakable. My advice is to keep room for improvement and try something off- with medium flex. I have limited experience with Acoustic, but I...
  12. Outer ALC Blade paired with medium rubber?

    It was Omega V Tour, memory error. Similar speed as T05, but not so bouncy. I never played with MX-P
  13. Outer ALC Blade paired with medium rubber?

    In the times when I believed in every review and TT product descriptions, I played with Xiom Stradivarius and Omega IV Tour on both sides. It was unforgivable and too fast for me. I pushed myself and tried to adapt my mixed style to the combination, but in the end I was unable to find...
  14. Inverted rubbers by Pips / Antispin companies

    Is good for beginners, IMO.
  15. Least Spin Sensitive Inverted Rubber 45-55 deg

    I can add one more vote for Mantra pro xh. Have lower spin sensitivity than G1. For even less spin sensitivity, Spinlord sandwind - half-anti. But is less than 45 degrees.
  16. Inverted rubbers by Pips / Antispin companies

    I dont have expirience with Acuda and Baracuda. But I can try to describe marder 2. The rubber is almost sticky (can not lift the ball), soft and have very thin top layer. The pips are very long and flexible, with the same density as mark V. The sponge is around 45 degrees without tensor effect...
  17. Nittaku Fastarc G-1+G-1 or G-1+C-1?

    Mark V deserves an update. The control and versatility are legendary, but the top sheet is slippery with the new ball. Forget about consistent brushing and high spin. On the other end service return is excellent. For me, Marder 2 is the closest rubber to mark V, but better. G1 is faster and...
  18. Inverted rubbers by Pips / Antispin companies

    I have some experience with the next rubbers: Spinlord marder 2 1.5mm - very good allround rubber, with high control. S&T Secret Flow Chop 1.5mm - too mushy and bouncy for a consistent chop, very fragile. Dr Neubauer Dominance Speed Hard 1.5mm - good topsheet, but the sponge thickness was not...
  19. Rubber combo - Goriki Super Cut

    Goriki Super Cut is heavy and due to bigger wings near the handle, can be uncomfortable for normal and small hands. Otherwise, it is a good choice for modern defense. I have a blade from the same family - goriki danshi, and I love it. Super Cut is around 100g (105g worse case?) but it has a...
  20. The long pips challenge

    In general, pips are fun to play. Start with spiny SP 1.5 - 1.8mm. 802-40 is classic, but I would recommend Degu 2. After that, try LP, for example, 388D-1 OX and with 0.5mm sponge. Gluing OX rubbers is a rocket science - just use sticky sheet. A slow blade will give you more control. Stiff...
Top