Search results

  1. Japan Women's Race to Tokyo 2020 Singles

    Let's give an example not related to Ito or Harimoto. Quadri Aruna had a backhand so deficient 6 months prior to the Olympics that Chuan Chi Yuan beat Aruna so badly (in Aruna's words, CCY brought his own ball and didn't let Aruna play). At the Olympics, CCY was asked how he lost to Aruna 0-4...
  2. Short Topspin Serve with Pendulum Motion

    Re deploy, Redploy!
  3. Short Topspin Serve with Pendulum Motion

    I don't think I ever said great player. When I am being reflective, I really mean that critics should give some evidence of their play or some perspective of their experience so others can see where they are coming from. I will accept coaching experience too, I have seen adults who can't play...
  4. European Games 2019

    That is fine. I am always a fan of reality. As long as you don't ignore facts, please tell any story you want.
  5. European Games 2019

    Yeah but their names tell a different story. It's not like Japan where you change your name when you become Japanese.
  6. Short Topspin Serve with Pendulum Motion

    Well I also feel inclined to make sure that most web coaching on TTD is done in a manner that encourages people who put out their videos in good faith to get comments from people who have at least demonstrated some willingness to discuss their game a significant amount so people understand their...
  7. European Games 2019

    Dima is out. Oh well... so has Groth gotten better or has Dima gotten worse? Or some mix of both?
  8. European Games 2019

    Dima doesn't seem to agree. At least Groth completely disagrees as he is up 3-0 at the moment.
  9. Looking for good flexible blade

    What does slower really mean? And why do you think you need a fast blade?
  10. European Games 2019

    Solja pulls it out. It would make zero sense to have Han Ying as a teammate and lose that match. Zero.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    He has posted some of his whole matches a while back. I think he played Xu Hui in one of them. But he can post them again. I think he is somewhere around 2250 based on my estimate. My estimate may be off of course.
  12. European Games 2019

    At that time ZJK wasn't interesting. So I think the original statement is correct.
  13. European Games 2019

    Was down 0-3, got it back to 3-3 and still lost. Polcanova loses to Han Ying. Solja down vs Li Qian. Pathetic.
  14. European Games 2019

    I watched a documentary on Tamara Boros recently. It is pretty sad that nowadays, European women's TT is all dominated by players who originally trained in Asia. Lots of work still on the horizon. I mean a lady over 50 is beating the top players in Europe.
  15. European Games 2019

    Wang Yang is a pretty tough chopper. Apolonia lost to a good player.
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    To me, he isn't putting that much weight - the first loop in this sequence is what I would call putting on weight, https://youtu.be/lbDZH53LbsM?t=461 and you are close enough to me at least to what he is doing on the shots I referenced. He is just a world class athlete who can get lower and...
  17. Receiving a short right sidespin/topspin backhand serve to the forehand

    Lula covered almost everything, the last thing is to be sure that the serve is really short, sometimes it is better to let it come off the side and loop it or tap it, sometimes round the net, sometimes below net height, sometime across to the other sideline of the opponent for a winner. But...
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Your last question, for backspin and way off the table, yes. You may not have a lot of weight but folding over the foot tends to put weight on it. So the thing about the drill with is that I can't always tell in the beginning whether you are getting lag and the arm is snapping as a result or...
  19. European Games 2019

    Gauzy... but seriously, Gacina needs to get his rating up.
  20. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Both feet can leave the ground if both feet can spin back and forth, though being planted is likely the way to go. IT's just that your upper body is very often spinning without being really spun by your lower body, either on the backswing or forward swing or both. I played this way for obvious...
Top