Search results

  1. Practice with lower level players.

    The gap between players who can't block and 1700 is huge. There aren't any easy solutions here other than to find someone willing to come over to hit. You could train someone too or learn to loop slowly enough to practice your form. That is what I do when I hit with players rated under 1000.
  2. Ma Long interviews, matches and beyond

    Why not wait until we see him in Qatar and the Asian Cup before prognosticating hyper confidently?
  3. Marvellous 12 2019

    My exact view as well. I think of those issues as the province of meticulous players, but having little to do with actual TT performance. As long as unevenness is not so severe that there are obvious elevations and depressions, I can use it. And obvious usually means a ball of glue is...
  4. How to Deal With Too Many Choices for Equipment You Already Own?

    I don't hit around for fun and I do exactly what that vik2000 said with few if any complaints. Just saying. I usually just put glue on the blade and leave the glue on the rubber. Not saying your solution isn't better, just saying the other one has merit.
  5. How to post videos on ttd

    You need a minimum of 5 posts to have video posting rights.
  6. How to Deal With Too Many Choices for Equipment You Already Own?

    The first step is to switch to the same rubbers on every blade. Rubbers generally have a bigger influence on how you play than blades, all other things being equal. When you make the rubbers the same, keep what you like and put away the rest. Or they may just play similarly enough that you like...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Did he talk about taking the ball close to your handle? Curious.
  8. what makes a blade good at pushing

    I think this was more about the rubbers than the blade. And even then, what is not so important is the equipment per de, but how well it matches your intuitions. If is quite possible that if you play with this new equipment long enough, your brain may adjust and you may not feel as good.
  9. T League - Japan's New TT league

    No, it's not unrelated. A lot of zeio's wisdom about Ishikawa is buttressed by it.
  10. USA Lily Zhang new equipment

    My point is that we are all posting for fun here. You write a lot of stuff I don't necessarily enjoy. I don't try to stop you from posting it. I would only if you started making people feel bad and making the community unhospitable.
  11. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    The stroke is actually easier, it is the mindset and reading the spin that may be harder since you aren't using spin or power for safety. Baraty would probably agree with you, but on the other hand, you use short pips so you are always playing the same stroke in some ways.
  12. USA Lily Zhang new equipment

    Do you play devil's advocate all the time because ITTF is listening to you?
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    At the end, Baraty discusses why the forehand flick is technically the most difficult shot in TT. https://youtu.be/C2R5UJKV_Y4
  14. Baracuda VS the other products in the Acuda series

    Acuda S1 is pretty good as well.
  15. USA Lily Zhang new equipment

    Loopadoop, The leagues in Germany usually allow only the best foreign talent they can find in any of the divisions. This helps then grow their players as well as keep a high level.of TT on display. These could be high level provincial players who for various reasons tied to how the ITTF...
  16. USA Olympic selection process change

    People can definitely be corrupt, the question is whether that means that trials are always the best or fairest way to select the best players. I think the idea that the best player by far and away is being selected because the national coach is sponsored by the same equipment manufacturer is...
  17. USA Olympic selection process change

    No, I am saying that one match result does not make a player better than another player who has a better record over a longer period of time. And if the fear is that a coach will have a manufacturer bias, then sure, hiring a corrupt or biased coach is a problem. It doesn't mean that there is...
  18. USA Olympic selection process change

    No I think results gained over a long period of time are a better indication of player quality than results in one match or event. Judgement of course is allowed to bear on the results so a smart coach can balance all the available information.
  19. Marvellous 12 2019

    Liu Shiwen beat Xu Yingbin. Did I read that right? As for Kato Miyu being in top tier, if you beat Hina Hayata you belong in top tier.
  20. USA Lily Zhang new equipment

    Don't worry, jawien. I read you the first time as well.
Top