Search results

  1. Leszek Kucharski teaches a backhand

    Even the forehand is not that distinctive IMO but I will leave it at that. The question is always what are you looking at.
  2. Leszek Kucharski teaches a backhand

    People still think in terms of these things?
  3. The price of Dignics 05 released

    It matters at every level but at you point out, the question is what you are trying to get out of it. Of course for someone who wants that extra spin to become world champ, it is different from someone who has bad technique and hopes the best equipment will help him. But even for you and me...
  4. The price of Dignics 05 released

    Shylock, the Merchant of Venice, Butterfly, the Merchant of Table Tennis.
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    If I want to try Short pips, then most likely Nittaku Moristo. If Medium/long probably something from Dawei, But it means lots of practice and that is the thing I want to minimize. But I think that I will have to twiddle a lot on both sides because I will want to mostly play inverted strokes...
  6. Who has the best FH in Europe?

    Who says the textbook form is the best forehand if someone can get a better quality shot with another form? The textbook itself is continually refined by those looking to innovate at the highest levels. While Timo has a spin based forehand (which he has changed a little for the plastic ball)...
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have played with Big Dipper and Omega V Asia on both sides so I could definitely play T05H on both sides if the weight didn't kill me. More realistically though, that is a lot of money for me to spend on just two rubbers. And fastarc G1 still exists.
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So I looked at the Butterfly catalogue and concluded that Viscaria is not meaningfully better and ZJK would likely make it worse so I sanded the handle of my Boll ALC. Much flatter and comfortable now. Will play on Wednesday.
  9. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    More and more people have been recommending that I put pimples of some kind on one side. I can't do with backhand because my backhand loop is my best shot but maybe I should just put it on the racket and let the twiddling do the rest as maybe I can use it on backhand and twiddle to loop...
  10. Who has the best FH in Europe?

    Where is Dyjas nowadays? His backhand power was monstrous when he took out Dima a while back.
  11. China Super League 2018

    I also think his new B game.makss him a much better player and allows him go conserve energy for later rounds. His backhand is just much more consistent and that is a good thing.
  12. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I heard that and the handle type is not as important as the circumference close to the neck where I adjust my fingers. I can play with straight and flare because I am close to the blade face and high on the handle with my grip. If the circumference is too wide then my fingers have to...
  13. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    So for a long time, I used to get perplexed at how people used to get heavy spin on serves whole using racke angles that I thought were really bad and not brushing that much at all. Then during some practice today it struck me. You can hit into the ball while serving in a way that the ball...
  14. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I might also sand down the upper part of the Timo Boll. It is really the upper part that is too fat.
  15. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    With my arthritis, it is not that simple. Even more than ever, I play my forehand with my arm. So I need to sure that what I put into it isn't placing too much stress on my grip. That is why the handle is really important. I did try some Viscarias and thought the blades were similar enough (I...
  16. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I actually wanted a Viscaria and might have to end up getting one because I think the TB ALC is a bit too fat in the handle. I just saw a good deal for the TB ALC and thought I could handle it.
  17. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I seem to like harder outer plies now (before I couldn't stand them) so I want to try something faster and stiffer because I am going to be blocking a lot more.
  18. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    I have decided to try going mainstream - will use a Timo Boll ALC for a couple of months. Haven't used a Butterfly Koto ALC blade before. It will be a great learning experience.
  19. Europe Top 16 (2019)

    https://www.laola1.tv/en-int/livestream/2019-02-03-montreux-2019-table-1-len
  20. USA Olympic selection process change

    I remember one WTTC, Germany had 5 spots and Filus was injured, and Rosskopf left the spot for him unfilled though any player could have been selected in Filus's place. He felt that if no one qualified by ranking, they shouldn't go. But he could have selected anyone else he wanted to.
Top