which tenergy rubber?

This user has no status.
Until now i have played with Stiga Oversize blade, Donic Bluefire M3 on bh and Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo on fh.

i noticed now in my latest competition, that i does not get the speed i want from my current racket setup. the rubbers on my blade gives a good feeling of control and decent speed, but the ball stays in the sponge before accellarating, and i get the feeling that i can not use the current speed in the rally. i have to start over with my hit when giving the ball a new strike in a rally.

i want the ball to go where i want immediate when hitting it, not dig in into my rubber and then leaving the blade. from what i can understand this is a result in the Bluefire sponge, which gives the rubber a good feeling of control but not speed. the speed is lost in favour of returning the ball with new control and decent speed. you loose some spped in the rally all the time when the speed of the ball digs in into the Bluefire sponge.

so in order to maintain speed and returning the ball low over the net, i have looked on the tenergy series from Butterfly. from my angle of playing technique, the Tenergy 25 will match my playing style good. from the description will the rubber be perfect for playing close to the table with good speed.

but sometimes you get pushed away from the table in some matches. is this rubber still good then, or do i need some other Tenergy rubber?

i also want to choose my blade, because i feel it heavy in some situations. i have a Butterfly Primorac Offensive- lying around.

Will this blade match the tenergy 25 rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Read 2 reviews
I would highly recommend Tenergy 05. It is simply the best rubber for close to the net looping and driving. The spin is amazing and the speed is also very fast. I don't know much about tenergy 25, but tenergy 05 will garranty a good purchase.

i had a pramarac blade before, it is a good blade but it has also been on the market for many years. Many new blades are better choices now. I used stiga maplewood V and rosewood V. They are both great blade I would recommend. Of course butterfly has a full range of blades to choose from. Check the reviews and find a blade for yourself.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I would highly recommend Tenergy 05. It is simply the best rubber for close to the net looping and driving. The spin is amazing and the speed is also very fast. I don't know much about tenergy 25, but tenergy 05 will garranty a good purchase.

i had a pramarac blade before, it is a good blade but it has also been on the market for many years. Many new blades are better choices now. I used stiga maplewood V and rosewood V. They are both great blade I would recommend. Of course butterfly has a full range of blades to choose from. Check the reviews and find a blade for yourself.

Ok, i will go with the Primorac blade. it is just lying around for no reason anyway.

since Tenergy 25 is an very expensive rubber; where do i find cheaper ones online?

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Interesting, I felt quiet the oposite. When I counter looped hard it was fairly hard to control it from going too far rather fast. which kind of forced me to play it slightly slower to controll. Which Was the only thing that I was a bit upset on on this rubber. (Jp 01-turbo). The Adidas tenzone Ultra I have does not have this issue, is a bit faster and the ball does not sink in as much on the bounce on this rubber. I feel tbh as if I have more control now lol.
With ATU I Can generate enough spin and I've heard it's less sensitive to spin than 05 and similar in speed. Anyhow if you're going for tenergy, I think 05 is the way to go. Unless you want even more speed with less spin you have the 64. But I'd say go with 05, and IF you're not content, Calculate yourself from it to the qualities you want to change. Though I doubth you'l need to.

This user has no status.
Interesting, I felt quiet the oposite. When I counter looped hard it was fairly hard to control it from going too far rather fast. which kind of forced me to play it slightly slower to controll. Which Was the only thing that I was a bit upset on on this rubber. (Jp 01-turbo). The Adidas tenzone Ultra I have does not have this issue, is a bit faster and the ball does not sink in as much on the bounce on this rubber. I feel tbh as if I have more control now lol.
With ATU I Can generate enough spin and I've heard it's less sensitive to spin than 05 and similar in speed. Anyhow if you're going for tenergy, I think 05 is the way to go. Unless you want even more speed with less spin you have the 64. But I'd say go with 05, and IF you're not content, Calculate yourself from it to the qualities you want to change. Though I doubth you'l need to.

Thx.

Where can i buy cheaper Tenergy 05 online?

Is this a good website? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Butt...r-ping-pong-rubbers-Black-Red/1681438144.html

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Last edited:
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
K, so any other suggestions to buy Tenergy 25 online?
If you look here
http://www.google.com/search?site=s....1.64.mobile-gws-serp..2.9.1445.0.5AW6rLbo3Q4
Most are 68 usd. The con at using Tenergy is the price. But you will be well content with the rubber.
https://www.megaspin.net/store/defa...base&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=b-tenergy-05
Has a good reputation, but their shipping price is a killer for me. And sadly tt11 does not sell Tenergy
Here is for 25
https://www.megaspin.net/store/defa...base&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=b-tenergy-25

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I don't recommend to go with Tenergy 25, i mostly recommend 05 or even 80, 25 could have speed but it is not as good for control or spin as 05 or 80, i have 05 on a fast OFF blade and it gives me that speed you talk about and also enough control, and the spin is awesome, if that 25 was better then i will go with this instead of 05/80, i once used 64, it is faster but not as good in control so i gave it to someone wanted it badly from me.

Or go with hard sponge rubbers, maybe DHS Hurricane 3 or the new one 8 hard one, also i once used a Tibhar rubber i don't know which on a blade don't know which, not my racket, and it wasn't a racket it was a rocket launcher, not Tenergy rubber at all, both sides Tibhar rubber.

If you find bluebire JP01 turbo and M3 not fast enough, I don't think that any tenergy will be fast enough for you......
If you want faster there is the Bluefire M1 and M1 turbo.
There is no chance that you will find T25 fast enough.

I can't understand how people can advise you to get slower rubbers than what you are already playing with when you request faster......

You also complain about the dwell time being to long with your current setup, tenergies have longer dwell time than bluefires.......again it's not matching your request.

But maybe you will like Tenergies, but it doesn't match at all the requests you have written.

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I would honestly not recomend M1-Turbo. knowing that the litle extra speed you get with M1-Turbo (against Jp-01 Turbo) does not make up for the other things that are worse. and M1 is even further downgrade. (not saying either is a bad rubber, just not as good)
When he was saying speed, the sponge rebound/dwell part was one of the things he meant, he wants it to go back faster and not stay a few milli seconds extra in the rubber. (if you've tried jp-01 Turbo you know what I/him meant by that).
I know for sure Tenergy 80 is not as dwelly, the sponge tecnology is slightly different.
Bluefire favours Catapult effect, Tenergy favour the spring sponge tecnology. They have each their pro's in their own way, but I think Tenergy is overall faster at rebounding the ball from the rubber...

With that said, I'd recomend Adidas Tenzone Ultra. It was just perfect to the change I wanted in the jp-01 Turbo rubbers. (described further up).
But if he wants Tenergy, and more speed, 64 might be the best. I personally did not like 80 that much. but have tried neither 05 or 64. But I know 64 is the fastest. While 05 is the spinniest.

But what I honestly think is the main problem, is the blade being too slow for his game.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I would honestly not recomend M1-Turbo. knowing that the litle extra speed you get with M1-Turbo (against Jp-01 Turbo) does not make up for the other things that are worse. and M1 is even further downgrade. (not saying either is a bad rubber, just not as good)
When he was saying speed, the sponge rebound/dwell part was one of the things he meant, he wants it to go back faster and not stay a few milli seconds extra in the rubber. (if you've tried jp-01 Turbo you know what I/him meant by that).
I know for sure Tenergy 80 is not as dwelly, the sponge tecnology is slightly different.
Bluefire favours Catapult effect, Tenergy favour the spring sponge tecnology. They have each their pro's in their own way, but I think Tenergy is overall faster at rebounding the ball from the rubber...

With that said, I'd recomend Adidas Tenzone Ultra. It was just perfect to the change I wanted in the jp-01 Turbo rubbers. (described further up).
But if he wants Tenergy, and more speed, 64 might be the best. I personally did not like 80 that much. but have tried neither 05 or 64. But I know 64 is the fastest. While 05 is the spinniest.

But what I honestly think is the main problem, is the blade being too slow for his game.

You get me right, it is the few extra milliseconds of rebounce i want to get rid of when the ball hits the rubber. Playing with all the Bluefire rubbers will get you a safe feeling of control, but when it comes to attacking and bring back the ball with speed, the Bluefire rubbers loose unfortunately.

A friend of mine suggested Rakza 7 or 9; how does they compare to the Tenergy series?

When it comes to my blade, i think it is a good idea to start with the Primorac blade and just go from there.

either way, this blade is lighter and must be faster? but not as much control as my current blade right?

Last edited:
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
You get me right, it is the few extra milliseconds of rebounce i want to get rid of when the ball hits the rubber. Playing with all the Bluefire rubbers will get you a safe feeling of control, but when it comes to attacking and bring back the ball with speed, the Bluefire rubbers loose unfortunately.

A friend of mine suggested Rakza 7 or 9; how does they compare to the Tenergy series?

When it comes to my blade, i think it is a good idea to start with the Primorac blade and just go from there.

either way, this blade is lighter and must be faster? but not as much control as my current blade right?

I have tried neither that blade nor the rubbers. But I have read and heard a bit about Rakza 7 and 9.
I presume you're thinking of a Butterfly Primorac (100% wooden one, and not carbon), That blade is indeed a bit faster, a tiny bit harder, the control won't be majorly different, but, a bit faster does imply a bit less controll usually. (however I do not feel like that was the case when I went from Silver Line Carbon to Hurricane Hao III, but that's a diferent storry :p)
According to TTDB Primorac is 90g, which your blade should be more or less too. (you can go weight it?) So might not be much lighter.

Now to the rubbers, the Rakza rubbers have gotten a good reputation, Rakza 7 sounds to me like a steadily good rubber, if it's better than Jp-01 Turbo I would not be too sure about. However I imagine the sponge tecnology being different, so the rebounce might be slightly different/faster? (should get someone who has tried both to comment on this), Rakza 9 however does at least seem faster according to ratings, and they are said to be Yasaka's answer to Tenergy so, if you're going for Yasaka they are definitely the way to go. If you know someone who has the rubbers you are considering, maybe you should try ask about trying their racket for a set. (if you do so you gotta take into consideration the blade is most likely different through, which might be a bit hard to compare)
I found a usefull link for your question though:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=51401&title=comparing-the-rakza-7-vs-tenergy-05
and megaspin made a comment about Rakza 9 vs Tenergy 05,
“The topsheet and sponge hardness are comparable to Tenergy 05 but it requires more effort to generate speed than Tenergy 05! The sponge texture is similar to Andro Hexer. Control is better than Tenergy 05…not as springy. Throw angle is lower than T05. Looping is awesome close or away from table. High short spinny loop is also easy to generate. Spinny serves are also easy to generate whether it’s a high or low toss. Very good forehand rubber!”
If you're buying Rakza (7 or 9, maybe 9 fh, 7 bh? well up to you!) I'd really recommend buying from Tabletennis11!
Shipping is cheap, and they ship fast!
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/yasaka-rakza-9

Last edited: