FH rubber needed, advice pls

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
@ carl - his problems seem to be the dwell he gets from the softer sponge. A lot of players believe harder sponges equal harder shots, but as Tenergy is a softer topsheet that isn't the case. T05fx is softer and catapults a bit more on flexible blades compared to T05. So if he's missing shots because they're going too long T05 could be better for him or he could try a thinner sponge.

When someone openly says they are not interested in Chinese rubbers and says that the rubber they are using is too hard, it is a little foolish to ignore what they have said and tell them they need something harder.

But based on this statement:

I boosted my Tenerg 05FX + glued it with Elmers + treated with olive oil and it played great.. I have a lot more speed + grip now. I have a controlled game, but sometimes I need to make hard and fast topspins if your playing somebody who also plays like me.

It sounds like Justchill has figured out how to make the T05FX work for him by softening and expanding the sponge. Sounds like exactly the opposite of what you were recommending for him. Sometimes listening to people is a good thing. They might actually know what they want. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
I agree with Matt, if you want softer, more control, crazy loop, Tibhar Nimbus is the one for you.

Yea, Nimbus is just very great. One of my friend use it. Whenever he manage to loop the ball, I have no confidence to block it. The only problem for him is just the consistency of hitting the ball.

And don't forget it weight much less than Tenergy series too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Ow yeah, I bought the Joola Xplode sensitive as my next FH rubber. But I'll use it when the Tenergy is deadboosted.