Name your favorite female ping pong players

This user has no status.
For me, currently my favourite player is Mima ITO, her style is really unique. Obviously she was inspired by Ai FUKUHARA, but she took the pimple game one step further. Her BH has power, but also deception, and she has a lot of variations and tricks in her game. She's not just a looping robocop or trying to copy men's game like Chinese players.

Because female players have less power than male, defenders stand more of a chance and there are many defender players which are always attractive to watch, like SUH Hyowon, or Japanese teens SATO and HASHIMOTO.

Among top Chinese players, DING Ning and LIU Shiwen have the best techniques, but DING has a more complete game thanks to her tallness and being left handed. Among the younger ones, WANG Manyu has a very classic game, SUN Yingsha is more agressive, like a puncher in boxing.

Reactions: BeGo and orchid88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
For me, currently my favourite player is Mima ITO, her style is really unique. Obviously she was inspired by Ai FUKUHARA, but she took the pimple game one step further. Her BH has power, but also deception, and she has a lot of variations and tricks in her game. She's not just a looping robocop or trying to copy men's game like Chinese players.

Because female players have less power than male, defenders stand more of a chance and there are many defender players which are always attractive to watch, like SUH Hyowon, or Japanese teens SATO and HASHIMOTO.

Among top Chinese players, DING Ning and LIU Shiwen have the best techniques, but DING has a more complete game thanks to her tallness and being left handed. Among the younger ones, WANG Manyu has a very classic game, SUN Yingsha is more agressive, like a puncher in boxing.

Very insightful. Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
My favorites are Mima Ito ( very agressive young player with short pips on bh ) and Kim Song I ( like someone previous mention, currently the best female defender ).

As much as I like Kim, I think there are still a number of better defenders out there. Suh Hyo Won and Wu Yang for example. Kim has perhaps the most impressive forehand attack, and uses it quite often -- making her more "mannish" with her modern defense.

This user has no status.
As much as I like Kim, I think there are still a number of better defenders out there. Suh Hyo Won and Wu Yang for example. Kim has perhaps the most impressive forehand attack, and uses it quite often -- making her more "mannish" with her modern defense.

WU Yang and SUH Hyowon have already peaked unfortunately, but I agree they were very spectacular. KIM KyungAh has nearly retired already.

For the younger players, SATO and HASHIMOTO are still improving, we also had a glimpse of HU in this tournament. They are the contenders with KIM Song I to the best defender contest in years to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
WU Yang and SUH Hyowon have already peaked unfortunately, but I agree they were very spectacular. KIM KyungAh has nearly retired already.

For the younger players, SATO and HASHIMOTO are still improving, we also had a glimpse of HU in this tournament. They are the contenders with KIM Song I to the best defender contest in years to come.

I wouldn't be so quick to write them off! Has anyone on the men's side come close to replacing Joo as a defender? I think the cagey kind of defenders can stick around a lot longer than their attacking counter-parts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Just throw in some additional names
Shan Xioana - for her cool flat hitting style
Nina Mittelham - for her aggressive, complete game (hope she can still develop some more)
Sabine Winter - for her extraordinary games in UTT India this year
Petrissa Solja - because I like to watch left hander

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews

her (Mima Ito) BH down the line is one of the great weapons in the sport.

Reactions: orchid88