Back to Forum
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 37 284
    M
    Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 284 37

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    284
    37
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1

    Good Palio rubber for Forehand?

    I am looking to get a Palio rubber for forehand. I want something fast/bouncy, with tackiness, and good spin.Â

    From some looking, it seems like HK1997 Gold, Hadou 40+, and Hadou Biotech would be best choice under $15. What are the differences between these rubbers? Which would be best performing?

  2. Funk Fu Master is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 72 198
    F
    Funk Fu Master is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 198 72

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2021
    UK
    198
    72
    100
    Read 1 Reviews
    #2
    Hi,

    I've not played with Hadous, or other Biotecs... However ...

    I'm playing with a HK1997 Gold on a Defplay ..not very tacky .. nowhere even close to the tack of Hurricane (Neo) 3, or Transcend etc.. The sponge is hard (I feel it's in the vicinity of 50°), and seems to have some elasticity.... I feel it's almost like one of those Hybrid rubbers.. On loops/tops-spins, it can produce respectable amounts of rotation & speed.. I tend to get the best results when I brush the ball thin, along with a fair amount of Elbow-Grease.. Lifting backspin is just decent (not too great, but not too bad either.. I've had mixed results.. could be a technique thing) In terms of Speed-generation, I think it's like a lot of other Chinese Tacky rubbers - Not bouncy, and has medium-low net-clearance on loops/top-spins .. The amount of speed, depends on the amount of power you put behind your shot.. The rubber is offers a good deal of control, in the push, and in the touch game.. I find that it's awesome at blocks, and flat-hits..

    One major caveat - I find that it's extremely susceptible to humidity .. It becomes almost un-playable for me..

    The durability, for me, is suspect . I bought this one from Princett, but within a month, I found the top-sheet delaminating from the sponge for the edges.. I glued back the delaminated parts, and it seems to be fine now..

    All-in-All, this is yet another Palio rubber that offers un-paralleled price: performance. ..I would surely recommend it.

  3. Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 37 284
    M
    Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 284 37

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    284
    37
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Funk Fu Master
    Hi,

    I've not played with Hadous, or other Biotecs... However ...

    I'm playing with a HK1997 Gold on a Defplay ..not very tacky .. nowhere even close to the tack of Hurricane (Neo) 3, or Transcend etc.. The sponge is hard (I feel it's in the vicinity of 50°), and seems to have some elasticity.... I feel it's almost like one of those Hybrid rubbers.. On loops/tops-spins, it can produce respectable amounts of rotation & speed.. I tend to get the best results when I brush the ball thin, along with a fair amount of Elbow-Grease.. Lifting backspin is just decent (not too great, but not too bad either.. I've had mixed results.. could be a technique thing) In terms of Speed-generation, I think it's like a lot of other Chinese Tacky rubbers - Not bouncy, and has medium-low net-clearance on loops/top-spins .. The amount of speed, depends on the amount of power you put behind your shot.. The rubber is offers a good deal of control, in the push, and in the touch game.. I find that it's awesome at blocks, and flat-hits..

    One major caveat - I find that it's extremely susceptible to humidity .. It becomes almost un-playable for me..

    The durability, for me, is suspect . I bought this one from Princett, but within a month, I found the top-sheet delaminating from the sponge for the edges.. I glued back the delaminated parts, and it seems to be fine now..

    All-in-All, this is yet another Palio rubber that offers un-paralleled price: performance. ..I would surely recommend it.

    Does it use the same sponge as the AK47? I often see it listed together with AK47 in Aliexpress as if its part of the same series. I wonder why.


  4. Funk Fu Master is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 72 198
    F
    Funk Fu Master is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 198 72

    User Info Menu


    Jan 2021
    UK
    198
    72
    100
    Read 1 Reviews
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Zhuang

    Does it use the same sponge as the AK47? I often see it listed together with AK47 in Aliexpress as if its part of the same series. I wonder why.

    All I can say that the sponge feels harder than the AK47s ... It's Pale Yellow in colour .. btw .. how would one know if it's the same sponge ?


  5. Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 37 284
    M
    Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 284 37

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    284
    37
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Funk Fu Master

    All I can say that the sponge feels harder than the AK47s ... It's Pale Yellow in colour .. btw .. how would one know if it's the same sponge ?

    Sometimes the sponge has its own name, like the Yinhe "crossbow" or whatever. Also just looking at it, sometimes you can see the pore structure.

    Anybody else played Hadou?

  6. Hasna Haura Hayfa is offline
    says Bismillah
     
    TTD Member 2 82
    Hasna Haura Hayfa's Avatar
    Hasna Haura Hayfa is offline
    says Bismillah
     
    TTD Member 82 2
    #6
    I'm using palio HK1997 gold. The sponge is hard, the degree is around 50 and above. Including fast, but hard to make a round. Must be correct and expert to brush it. If the wrong ball bounces out

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.