Stuor blades- who has tried them?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Which 2 blades did you have?

Did you have trouble explaining what they were when you sold them?

I didn't explain anything. Clubmates who bought them usually just test whatever I have and If they like something they buy it. Most people playing locally don't give a nickel about whether blade is by DHS or Stuor. It's either good or not. It either plays well or not :| (and those guys and galls are very good players, better than I will ever be)

I bought HL5 and the Ma long clone with ebony top (do not remember the model number).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Did they play something similar to HL5?

What level of player did you sell to?

One of the players was a good intermediate player. According to this video about ~1650 - 1900.

The second player was my first ever coach, and he is in the sport for more than 30 years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I mean did the 2 blades have similar play characteristics as the HL5?

Hard to say. Depends on which HL5 you are talking about. Commercial HL5, I would say quite similar after the break in period, but both of those lack a bit of feeling. The Ebony one played nothing like above Commercial HL5. Maybe the HL5 i tried was poopy, but it came from official distribution.

If really want a good HL5 for cheap, then the only solution I found so far is Vodak Horejsi APC, and if you want to have same handle you can order it with Hajto mod (which is basically HL5/Ovtcharov No.1 face and handle) :p or the Ovrtcharov No.1 Senso (I have both and the non senso variant has some crappy materials, plays nowhere near the same).

From my experience Commercial ML5 is exactly the same blade as Ovtcharov No.1 (the yellow one handle) and the Senso version is same as one of the higher versions (more like the N than P version but not quite). I've only touched the national W968 for a couple of minutes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well 1900 is a quite high level. If he is satisfied with the quality of the Stuor blade, then it should be more than good enough for OP and myself.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
A seller on Ali was selling a Stuor Harimoto blade for $30. After I inquired about it, he realized he had the wrong price and raised it to $40. But I asked him to sell to me for the original price, so he lowered it just for me. So I guess I got a little discount.

Reactions: baynhanh145
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
A seller on Ali was selling a Stuor Harimoto blade for $30. After I inquired about it, he realized he had the wrong price and raised it to $40. But I asked him to sell to me for the original price, so he lowered it just for me. So I guess I got a little discount.

Keep in mind Harimoto ALC core is supposed to be thicker as far as I remember. In other words "Easier Hitty Hitty, harder loopy loopy".

This user has no status.
I have the Huyeson (but this one also exists as Stuor or even Boer i think) Viscaria clone blade, bought on Aliexpress for about 18€ about 3 years ago. Its really not bad, as fast as the original Viscaria (a friend in my TT-club has an original Viscaria). Also the handle is thinner and the weight distribution is more towards the head as in an original Viscaria.

Absolutely not bad but also not the same as the original Viscaria. I want to buy an original Viscaria, but its too expensive at 160€ now, terrible 😪.
I guess the choice of wood plies in the original Viscaria etc... makes the difference.
But hey, with my shitty 1500 level (Belgium, 2nd provincial league) it probably makes no difference what i play with 🤣.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I have the Huyeson (but this one also exists as Stuor or even Boer i think) Viscaria clone blade, bought on Aliexpress for about 18€ about 3 years ago. Its really not bad, as fast as the original Viscaria (a friend in my TT-club has an original Viscaria). Also the handle is thinner and the weight distribution is more towards the head as in an original Viscaria.

Absolutely not bad but also not the same as the original Viscaria. I want to buy an original Viscaria, but its too expensive at 160€ now, terrible 😪.
I guess the choice of wood plies in the original Viscaria etc... makes the difference.
But hey, with my shitty 1500 level (Belgium, 2nd provincial league) it probably makes no difference what i play with 🤣.

What makes you think the Hueison blade is the same as Stuor and Boer?

I'm pretty sure those are separate operations and designs.