European/Japanese Rubber Recommendation

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Hey guys, after a few months of training with a hurricane and a mark v on a YEO, I decided to tinker with my gear.
First I changed the mark V for a fastarc g-1, this was one of the best decisions I've ever made, with it I can generate a lot more spin and now I can have a lot more quality shots.
I've tried it on the FH and BH I loved it on both sides and when I did that I really realized that the hurricane 3 (boosted or unboosted) is not for me. So I'm looking for other rubbers to put on the forehand (preferably) and use the g-1 on the backhand or some other one to put on the backhand to use the g-1 on the forehand.
As I have a longer stroke and I'm comming from a hurricane,I have been looking at some harder rubbers like the jekyll & hyde v52.5 and the omega vii china. I'm still developing my playstyle, but from what I've seen I have something more on the aggressive looper side.
Do you have suggestions for other rubbers that would be cost-effective and are more forgiving than the Hurricane 3? I live in Brazil, so the prices might be a little different.
P.S: Any butterfly is out of the budget

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hey guys, after a few months of training with a hurricane and a mark v on a YEO, I decided to tinker with my gear.
First I changed the mark V for a fastarc g-1, this was one of the best decisions I've ever made, with it I can generate a lot more spin and now I can have a lot more quality shots.
I've tried it on the FH and BH I loved it on both sides and when I did that I really realized that the hurricane 3 (boosted or unboosted) is not for me. So I'm looking for other rubbers to put on the forehand (preferably) and use the g-1 on the backhand or some other one to put on the backhand to use the g-1 on the forehand.
As I have a longer stroke and I'm comming from a hurricane,I have been looking at some harder rubbers like the jekyll & hyde v52.5 and the omega vii china. I'm still developing my playstyle, but from what I've seen I have something more on the aggressive looper side.
Do you have suggestions for other rubbers that would be cost-effective and are more forgiving than the Hurricane 3? I live in Brazil, so the prices might be a little different.
P.S: Any butterfly is out of the budget

Jupiter 3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

Do you recommend the jupiter 3 to use on the backhand or forehand? How would you compare it to the g-1?

I like it best on the FH, but I think it would be good as BH too. Compared to H3, it's about the same tackiness but it is much faster and much bouncier. It's a very good looping and attacking rubber.

G1 might be slightly bouncier at low-medium impact. I think Jupiter 3 is tackier and more powerful on high-impact, so I think it's better than G1 as a FH rubber.

J3 on FH, G1 on BH would be a excellent setup.

Reactions: MatterOfTime
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I like it best on the FH, but I think it would be good as BH too. Compared to H3, it's about the same tackiness but it is much faster and much bouncier. It's a very good looping and attacking rubber.

G1 might be slightly bouncier at low-medium impact. I think Jupiter 3 is tackier and more powerful on high-impact, so I think it's better than G1 as a FH rubber.

J3 on FH, G1 on BH would be a excellent setup.

I see... that make's a lot of sense, I'll most likely give it a try. Do you have any thoughts about the harder rubbers from Xiom? Like the Omega 7 Asia, Tour or China?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

I see... that make's a lot of sense, I'll most likely give it a try. Do you have any thoughts about the harder rubbers from Xiom? Like the Omega 7 Asia, Tour or China?

I never tried Xiom's rubber, but I tried similar rubbers from other ESN brands.

Tibhar K3, Andro C53, R53, Bluegrip, etc. All of them are good, similar to Jupiter 3. Jupiter is tackier and grippier though. Bounce and speed is similar.

So i think those Xiom rubbers would be good for Fh as well.

Reactions: MatterOfTime
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

If you able to use harder rubbers on you BH then congrats! You can use it to bully a lot of noobs.

Using these super trampolinish type rubber on BH, if you can tame it opens up a world of pain for your opponents.

And welcome to the era of modern TT, the era of BH powerloops!

p/s FH is so passe.

Last edited: