Ma Long's Equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
The official TableTennisDaily discussion where we post and talk about Ma Long's equipment. Any changes he has made or any pictures you find, post into here to discuss!

Date using this setup: August 2013 onwards

Blade: DHS W968
Forehand Rubber: Hurricane 3
Backhand Rubbers: Tenergy 64

malong1bat2014.jpg

malong2bat2014.jpg

malong3bat2014.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
He uses Hurricane Long 3 in a different kind of handle. The Hurricane of the CHN players are different from the selling, of course, everybody knows that! The boosted Hurricane is better than all other rubbers in the world (including Tenergy), But remember, only if it's BOOSTED. So...:D

is there a boosted Hurricane for commercial sale?or was it boosted only for China National Team?how about xu xin's tg 2 or was that tg3? are there any boosted for commercial sale? were the commercial Hurricanes and TGs of DHS good for FH? i know they are not as good as the national rubbers with blue sponges, and some say this commercial ones are difficult to tame...i am planning to get one for my fh and pair it with my tenergy...

This user has no status.
Ma Long has been using the H3 National for about 2 years I guess. He used to use the TG Skyline 3 back in 2009. Clearly all CNT members rubbers and blades are custom made ones, finely adjusted for their game style. Nice to see a player using a Full wood blade, where the world scenario is mostly dominated by composite blades.

I guess that this setup (H3 + T64 and OFF blade) is the most common among offensive players. ZJK, Ma long, Yan An, Wang Liqin, Fan Zhendong, Zhou Yu, Fang Bo, all of them use this same setup.

This user has no status.
Ma Long has been using the H3 National for about 2 years I guess. He used to use the TG Skyline 3 back in 2009. Clearly all CNT members rubbers and blades are custom made ones, finely adjusted for their game style. Nice to see a player using a Full wood blade, where the world scenario is mostly dominated by composite blades.

I guess that this setup (H3 + T64 and OFF blade) is the most common among offensive players. ZJK, Ma long, Yan An, Wang Liqin, Fan Zhendong, Zhou Yu, Fang Bo, all of them use this same setup.

no they dont. FZD plays a 05 on his backhand like Ma Long, while Zhou Yu and ZJK prefer more softer rubbers like 64 or 05fx. Furthermore Ma Long is playing much more with his Skyline 3 and Xu Xin, Ma Lin and Wang Hao were never playing with H3, they were only using Skyline 2 and 3.

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
no they dont. FZD plays a 05 on his backhand like Ma Long, while Zhou Yu and ZJK prefer more softer rubbers like 64 or 05fx. Furthermore Ma Long is playing much more with his Skyline 3 and Xu Xin, Ma Lin and Wang Hao were never playing with H3, they were only using Skyline 2 and 3.
Hurricane 3 and Skyline 3 and 2 are so similar. All of them are using a tacky rubber on forehand and a Tenergy on backhand with an OFF blade.
Anyway, their blades and rubbers are custom made by sponsors.

This user has no status.
well okay, there are 2 different perspectives:

1. if you compare skyline and hurricane to rubbers like tenergy, vega pro and in general non tacky ESN and Tensor rubbers, then yes, there is not a big differences between hurricane and skyline because the HUGE different is between tacky and non tacky.

2. if you allready know how to play sticky rubbers, there is a big differences between skyline and hurricane, especially if you play the provincial edition. the ball bounces different and everything, if you are a good player and you test it on the same blade, you feel a lot of differences.

Reactions: SirSpinsalot
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
well okay, there are 2 different perspectives:

1. if you compare skyline and hurricane to rubbers like tenergy, vega pro and in general non tacky ESN and Tensor rubbers, then yes, there is not a big differences between hurricane and skyline because the HUGE different is between tacky and non tacky.

2. if you allready know how to play sticky rubbers, there is a big differences between skyline and hurricane, especially if you play the provincial edition. the ball bounces different and everything, if you are a good player and you test it on the same blade, you feel a lot of differences.
Yes, there are differences between Hurricane and skyline, Hurricane is tackier and less bouncy.
But this will be forgotten when you understand that all of CNT players are using custom blades and rubbers. The logos on their rubbers and blades are just for marketing.