poly

1. Poly balls : which balls are "approved" by table tennis England?

Hi all, In our local league rules it's states: "Only table tennis England approved balls shall be used" Does anyone know if such an official approval actually exists or is it literally just a reference to the ITTF equipment list? Many thanks.
  2. Allwood performance with Poly ball

Hi all, With the poly ball, 5 plywood blades, even that not slow and too flexy, have not enough power in the poly ball era? When I'm saying this, I'm referring to blades like AVX P500, BT555, YEO for example. It's a 7 plywood era? (for people that use allwood ofc) Thanks in advance. Best...
  3. Adapting To New Ball

Hey guys, I'd very much appreciate tips to adapt to the plastic ball. It's our first season (kind of) playing with that ball ("kind of" because clubs can still choose the type of ball in our region - so sometimes I'd play matches with plastic and sometimes with celluloid.). And honestly, it's...
  4. Plastic ABS Ball Review - STIGA Perform

Alryt guys, in our latest review we test the new ABS ball from STIGA and compare it to other popular balls in the market including the current DHS ABS ball used in the World Tours. We found some great results with the new ABS ball, watch the review in the video below for more: Have you...
  5. Celluloid VS Poly ball in short game

I have heard from Chinese commentators that with the new Poly ball, short game becomes more difficult: it bounces higher it goes further In my experience it is quite true. With my H3 I still returned some stupid high and long ball. One solution I have heard from a Chinese training video is...
  6. Lin Gaoyan's Style and the Poly Era

I know this is a bit of a hefty read, but please bear with me and tell me what you think! I've been watching LGY highlight reels and I've noticed something about his style. He is not a traditional hungarian style looper, even though he likely plays with traditional chinese rubbers. The other...
  7. How are the Xion and Kingnik Poly 3 stars?

Hi everyone, I have been playing with the XuShaoFa 3 star for some time and I really like it. It's a little pricey so I was looking for a cheaper seamless 3 star. On tt11 the cheapest are the Xiom and the Kingnik. Has anyone played with them? My main concern is durability so if you know anything...
  8. New generation Poly ball enhanced rubber with similar sponge hardness to tenergy?

Hi guys, I've been using MX-S, a poly ball enhanced rubber on my FH. It has that really grippy top sheet and I'm finding my loops are loaded with spin. However I used to use Tenergy 05 and 80. I want to find a rubber that combines the grippy topsheet like MX-S on a similar sponge hardness to...
  9. Players switching from Korbel to ZLF blades for poly ball?

I have noticed that many pros are changing from Bty Korbel to a Bty ZLF blade to combat the poly ball's slowness. I'm thinking of doing the same. I know there was an innerforce ZLF but its no produced anymore. So out of these blades which is the most similar to the IF ZLF? Liu Shiwen blade? Ai...
  10. Which Long pimples seem to have the best effect with the new Poly ball?

I have been using Hellfire 0.9mm sponge. I was wondering if there are any long pimples that seem to work better with the new poly ball compared to others. Is there one that stands out on the market as having the best effects with the new ball?
  11. Nexy Calix I experience with poly ball?

Previously I had excellent experience with the NEXY Calix I blade.....block, 1st loop, variability but unfortunately I broke it...however I used a celuloid ball Any experience to share with me when using the plastic ball??? thanks
  12. tibhar evolution mx-p and tenergy with poly balls

Do tibhar evolution mx-p and tenergy rubbers work well with poly balls?
  13. Why are the Nittaku 3 star premium 40+ poly balls are never in stock?

Why are the Nittaku 3 star premium(made in japan) 40+ poly balls are never in stock? These have been introduced since last year and supposedly the best polyball out there. And why is Nittaku introducing these new 2 star premium polyballs when there are no 3 star premium to be found. Somebody...
  14. Is the new poly ball going to knock tenergy from the top players armoury?

Whilst eventually giving in to finding a replacement to Tenergy and now using 05 f/h and 05fx b/h on an Zhang Alc blade, I noticed the superb spin capabilities and speed i could generate. Then came the practice session with the new poly balls and it felt like a whole different sport. Whilst...
  15. Which poly ball should you choose?

It’s the million dollar question right now, isn’t it? I’ve done a bit of homework and it’s my hope is that this post will help you gain a greater understanding of the poly ball, to lessen the confusion surrounding it and hopefully to ease your decision on what poly ball to choose. So which...
  16. Finally, orange poly balls has been launched!!!

As we know, DHS is makers of many branded poly balls, so soon many brands will follow suit with orange balls. Not my favourite poly ball (prefer seamless XSF made balls at the moment), but this is an option to those "must be orange ball" environments.
  17. iPong Poly Pro Seamless Table Tennis Balls.

Hey all check out this video we made:
  18. Thoughts on the new Poly Ball

Hi Guys! Today Ive used the Poly ball myself and this are my thoughts on the new ball. At first I found the Poly ball alot grippier. I also found out that its not true that the new Poly ball generates less spin than the Celluliod ball. What really happins is that the Poly ball Gets the same...
  19. New poly balls with old table tennis robots

Since I have a table tennis robot at home, I am wondering if the new poly balls will be compatible or not with the robots suited for the current celluloid balls. Or possibly new robots will be made suited for poly balls? If anyone has any knowledge about this or possibly tried the poly balls in...
  20. Stiga ITTF Approved Plastic/Poly Ball Review

TableTennisDaily's @Dan and @Tom had the fantastic opportunity to review Stiga's latest ITTF Approved Plastic/Poly ball. There has been a lot of discussion around the world and on the TableTennisDaily website recently in regards to how this new ball will effect table tennis players and the...