blocking

1. Why do people say LP's should be banned?

I keep seeing on many forums people that hate lp's and want them banned. They think that they have an unfair advantage and that they require no skill to use. Personally I've played against many lp blockers and defenders and I've never had an issue. So why do so many people hate them? Are they...
  2. hybrid rubbers for backhand

Hello everyone :) I recently started using ktl pro xt on my backhand because I like the increased dwell time of a soft tacky rubber. Open ups, close to the table loops and third ball attacks are as good as ever but a lot of my passive blocks are now quite vulnerable to counterloops. I know that...
  3. Best Rubber for aggressive blocking and counter looping

I’m looking for a rubber that particularly excels in blocking and counter looping. Kind of like Waldner. Is there any rubber that does this better than others. Also, does short pips do well in this area?
  4. Soft or hard rubber for better blocking ?

Hello, TTD :) So I've purchased Nittaku Ludeack 7 ply wooden blade as an upgrade from Nittaku Acoustic (same wooden composition, but 5 ply) and find it amazing in doing loops, controlling the game is just outstanding, etc. But one aspect I don't like at all: blocking. It's more stable when I...
  5. dr Neubauer Desperado 2 - disruptive blocking game

6. Backhand blocking finally clicked for me

Just want to talk about my experience: A while back, I wanted to try out backhand lobbing a little. I've never really lobbed much, since I'm usually attacking, and so I figured that a lob is probably like a long-distance block (I wasn't going for high lobs). And it worked out. The motion was a...
  7. Good blocking/smashing inverted rubbers (insensitive to spin sort)?

I've been using tenergy 64fx on the forehand, and it had been working nicely... until I moved up the ranks a bit to more skilled players! The spin sensitivity has been getting to me as of late -- and true, I could hold out and try to learn how to adapt and utilize the extra spin. However, I...
  8. OX Long Pips vs Sponge LP for Close to Table Blocking/Hitting

Is there a normal preference for either using OX or sponged LP for close to the table blocks? Advantages/disadvantages of each one? I've seen conflicting accounts on the topic. Some say OX gives more control, and others say the sponge helps slow the ball down for even more control... I'm looking...
  9. Question about blocking...

I've been trying to cultivate a more blocking centered style, and have a few questions on the types of rubbers to use. The blockers I enjoy watching are Oh Sang Eun, Kenta M, He Zhi Wen, and Zhang Yining to give you an idea of how I'd like to play. Although I also enjoy a number of the lower...
  10. 4th Ball and Beyond!

I have been working with a coach here and there (not a professional coach, but a guy who reached 2100 and works directly with Samson Dubina on many occasions) and have been making great improvements in my serves, receives, and third ball attacks. My coach's serves still give me trouble, but I...
  11. Blocking - How to contact the ball

This is probably pretty basic for most people – but I’ll ask it anyway. I’m having a bit of trouble with my block – especially my forehand block against heavy topspin. A lot of it probably has to do with racket angle, but I’m also wondering about how I should contact the ball. When you block do...
  12. Blocking

I have developed my blocking to a point of where it is consistent but i'm curious on the ball placement and how i would place the ball on a different part of the table. If this confusing let me give u a example. I'm on the left side of the table and blocking incoming topspin from the right side...
  13. Blocking heavy spins targeted near centre line and middle of table

Hey TT lovers, suggest me some techniques to block the above with both fh and bh ??