11 year old kid defeats World no.43 and 71!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
He won agains takura Jin aswell! Takura Jin is the guy that got 2:nd in The japanese championship!

This user has no status.
Amazing, sure insane, if he keeps that improvement rates i am sure he can be even better than Jun Mizutani himself and become Japan champion in no time, i also want to see non Chinese in big events, China rules for long time now, Japan is more closer to China than S.Korea, not sure about Singapore or C.Taipei.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Everybody already said it but it's the only thing I can say after watching these videos : Unbelievable ! This kid is insane !
For a 11 yo kid to play like this ! His FH flick is amazing ! It's really hard to believe !
Thanks MrThePortal for this amazing find ! (and for all your videos/work by the way)
I will follow this kid in the future for sure !

Reactions: ankor24
This user has no status.
It's very interesting his equipment : the blade & the rubbers ! Any idea please ???

Tomokazu Harimoto, It's very interesting his equipment : the blade & the rubbers ! Any idea please ???

Very young Japanese new talent

This kid has not yet 12 years (Jun 2003) !!
In the Quarterfinals of Safir Open 2015 he beat Omar Assar (WR 43)
In the Semifinal he beat Jens Lundqvist (WR 71)

Tomokazu Harimoto, take note this name !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
So apparently, he is chinese-born ? (Both parents are chinese and he was born in China ?)

Tomokazu Harimoto, It's very interesting his equipment : the blade & the rubbers ! Any idea please ???
For his equipment here are some pics from the ITTF (I don't recognize the blade) :

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=harimoto&user_id=56089523@N02&sort=date-posted-desc

Edit:
Apparently, both his parents were in CNT and his father is his coach.
http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=38718&Category=General&Competition_ID=&

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Battre Ma long ou Zhang Jike, dans 6 ans, quand il aura 18 ans, ça ne sera vraiment pas un exploit pour lui, car ils seront "sur le retour" et ne pourront plus suivre son rythme. Un bon adversaire pour lui, pourrait alors être Fan Zhendong je pense

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
So apparently, he is chinese-born ? (Both parents are chinese and he was born in China ?)

For his equipment here are some pics from the ITTF (I don't recognize the blade) :

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=harimoto&user_id=56089523@N02&sort=date-posted-desc

Edit:
Apparently, both his parents were in CNT and his father is his coach.
http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=38718&Category=General&Competition_ID=&

the blade is yasaka galayxa carbon.
probably feels similar to a clipper cr.
what I don't recognize is the rubbers.

oh, seems the fh is yasaka pryde.
I used pryde for a couple of shots a long time ago.
it was fast but not so spiny.
similar to donic's acuda s1 or tibhar dtecs series.

14868074175_7875e9d1bc_o.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
I think when he plays short Jens is to strong so he played long often
Unless he is very exceptional case and has been recognized by the coach for a long time, then he started to learn short game early. As far as I know the Korea system to raise the youth (Korea and Japan share a lot in common), the kids do not learn playing short game early. At professional level in early age, they are focused more on completing the stroke, long balls such as pushing, blocking, side-step and forehand counter (backhand is usually for pushing, block), and footwork. As long as they get consistent in all basics, the kids will be exercised harder to gain power. Short game is something coming at the end, high level, when they start to work on serve, placement, flicks and short game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rajah*
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Thanks akipiro, I love this kind of reportage.
So, he played already at 2 yo ! And it was funny he seems angry when Mizutani mess with him :D.

This user has no status.
No, not chinese-born. His parents are Chinese, but he was born in Sendai in Japan.

Yes. He was born in Japan. Both his parents were professional table tennis players. His mother Zhang Ling participated WTTC 1995 and won the Chinese National Champions several times. He got the citizenship of Japan and he is really a promising player for Japan!