World Cup 2024

This user has no status.
The chat bot on my phone gives approximately the same answer.
Here is
In the coming year, we anticipate that table tennis will continue to grow in popularity, with a focus on increasing accessibility and participation through technology.
Yeah, I asked Meta's AI the same question and pretty much the same thing:

- More Regional Championships: The Pacific Championships, hosted by the Orange County Table Tennis Academy (OCTTA), is one of the many regional championships that will take place in the coming year. These events are open to all USATT members and are expected to attract a large number of participants.
- Increased Participation: The coming year is expected to see an increase in participation in table tennis, particularly at the regional and national levels. This is due to the growing popularity of the sport and the efforts of organizations like USATT to promote and develop table tennis in the country.
- New Talent Emerging: The coming year is expected to see new talent emerging in table tennis, particularly in the junior and cadet categories. This is due to the increasing popularity of the sport and the efforts of organizations like USATT to identify and develop young talent.
- Increased Focus on Technology: The coming year is expected to see an increased focus on technology in table tennis, particularly in terms of equipment and training methods. This is due to the growing popularity of the sport and the need for players to stay competitive in an increasingly competitive environment.
- More International Events: The coming year is expected to see an increase in international table tennis events, particularly at the ITTF World Team Championships and the ITTF World Tour. This is due to the growing popularity of the sport and the efforts of organizations like ITTF to promote and develop table tennis globally.
It gives almost the same reasoning for pretty much every point it makes, just changed slightly to fit. 😂

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Water will continue to be wet.
Just like we will all die one day.

Go read up on how dominant China was in badminton 10 years ago and most people thought it was going to continue.

https://indianexpress.com/article/s...that-doesnt-get-lost-in-transmission-8368141/
Of course every country aspires to all five available gold – two singles and three doubles – and nothing wrong in it, if it can be pulled off. China’s sweep of the World Tour Finals in doubles with three gold, was the earliest statement of intent, and none in the world will wave it off as an empty assertion. The Chinese dynasty tended to dominate badminton till a decade ago. Though if you started watching badminton only in the last ten years, you wouldn’t quite know what domineering strangleholds on golds meant then, and is coveted now.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Well, over time, you can follow and read and see that zeio quotes asian forums in a way that the western users must agree with because its how many users says so in these Asian forums.
This logic to me just seems silly and I will try and explain.

Give you an example.
zeio has been calling for players to retire, because they are just not good enough. but so is everyone else that isnt the champion…..
Now, zeio and his fake pals, gather together and they all calling for the same player to retire, and they all excited because they back each other up.
Mean while, the real world, people are not that childish, and do not call for that player to retire, in fact the true fans out number these sour fans, but not everyone has time to be on forums, so this is closing in on as bullying or harassment in a way by minority and over time, it has actually become ridiculous and silly.

Well asian forums has this problem, as western people dont really come online and wish for the diminishment of other people, maybe call this maturity if you want. But that is the case for table tennis.

So back to this forum, and as you can see zeio response to sofa, it is clear that he sees himself in greater authority on a western forum where he quotes asian forum members views and supposely that justifies that he has or will win the debate.

There are many TTD users that are also on asian forums, but only 1 user needs “backup” from there if we can call it that.

So this is why I ask, why he thinks that quoting them will supersede all these western forum members, whom to me, are very logical too.

Some things on asian forums are logical, the retirement of players is just too childish. A bunch of couch potato who probably are low levels trying to bully a pro player to retirement….. its like zeio and those minority trying to teach a Michelin star chef to cook.

Regarding the action of quoting threads of asian forum content on here. Maybe some people might find it entertaining. For me, ttd user input is more important than quoting 3rd parties. Imagine if 10 people do this and just quote other forums full time…..
I will add to this (and again, need to stress that I genuinely think Zeio's efforts in his posts is amazing and appreciate all his contributions) that there was a time when Zeio quoted from the main German TT forum, using Google translate.

Here the poster that he quoted was someone who was nearly always ridiculed on this forum by other members for many reasons. Whenever Boll had a setback, this poster would call for Boll to retire and Zeio quoted this to back up an argument, presenting it as the view from Germany when it was one loud voice that very much went against the grain of the rest of the forum.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I will add to this (and again, need to stress that I genuinely think Zeio's efforts in his posts is amazing and appreciate all his contributions) that there was a time when Zeio quoted from the main German TT forum, using Google translate.

Here the poster that he quoted was someone who was nearly always ridiculed on this forum by other members for many reasons. Whenever Boll had a setback, this poster would call for Boll to retire and Zeio quoted this to back up an argument, presenting it as the view from Germany when it was one loud voice that very much went against the grain of the rest of the forum.
that is the problem
quoting base on agenda or making it to suit ones needs.
zeio is good with that. he makes it seem like the whole asian tt community want players to retire.
it is really minority
most people who are tt people, have no time to be on tt forums

Jan 2018

Below is the discussion over at Tieba on the online poll done by mytischtennis.de. The general consensus is that Ovtcharov has been subjected to systemic racism by many German fans because he was born in Ukraine during the Soviet era, so technically a Russian by birth.

如何评价:德媒投票波邱奥弗谁将无缘巴黎奥运 奥恰高票数当选 (How to evaluate: German poll on who, among Boll, Qiu, Ovtcharov, and Franziska, will miss the Paris Olympics and Ovtcharov was elected with high votes)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8971641927

Needless to say, turboblock (and some others) has a problem with Rosskopf's lineup.
https://forum.tt-news.de/showpost.php?p=3608916&postcount=4773
https://forum.tt-news.de/showpost.php?p=3610182&postcount=4780
https://forum.tt-news.de/showpost.php?p=3610460&postcount=4786
https://forum.tt-news.de/showpost.php?p=3611671&postcount=4805
https://forum.tt-news.de/showpost.php?p=3611761&postcount=4814
https://forum.tt-news.de/showpost.php?p=3612009&postcount=4821

Last edited:
Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
waiting for Zeio's retire all players lists
Well you're not the most civil member on her, so that's rich from you
At this point, his retire rant seems more like a insider joke to me, I don't pay it much attention since it's not gonna have any bearing on the trajectory of the player's career

Oh hi, you answered me for the first time, cool.
Why should he answer you though??You're not all that, I hope you know that.

Reactions: zeio and kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
that is the problem
quoting base on agenda or making it to suit ones needs.
zeio is good with that. he makes it seem like the whole asian tt community want players to retire.
it is really minority
most people who are tt people, have no time to be on tt forums
You are not bereft of using the forum for your needs or agendas. That's for sure.
You've spent time building deliberate rightful serious critique of the institutions, and seemingly insidious but blatantly unnecessary plus immature disapproval of certain people because they don't act in a "normal" way the rest of the world apparently work.

Zeio's agenda here is to bring information from the east to the west, along with his eccentricities and his talking points. His agenda is playful, childish and emotional. Yours in many ways is political and confrontational.

He sees himself as some authority because of his access to information with viable and verifiable links ( from the players, their coaches and insights from the media on the players' lives). He doesn't just harken back to what some coach scrunched up somewhere thinks, which frankly shouldn't be held in higher regard than what fans think, mainly because we can't even verify the authenticity of these coaches.

• Wow
Reactions: zeio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
You are not bereft of using the forum for your needs or agendas. That's for sure.
You've spent time building deliberate rightful serious critique of the institutions, and seemingly insidious but blatantly unnecessary plus immature disapproval of certain people because they don't act in a "normal" way the rest of the world apparently work.

Zeio's agenda here is to bring information from the east to the west, along with his eccentricities and his talking points. His agenda is playful, childish and emotional. Yours in many ways is political and confrontational.
funny that 2 people (1 from Russia, 1 from China) don't see the need of "criticize institutions,"
In the free world, we are free and allowed to criticize institutions, and of late, more and more PRO players are doing just that.

it requires the brave to speak out. Many have shown disapproval, but many more are fearful of speaking out, not necessary because of fear of ITTF, but rather, many don't want to be seen as "trouble makers".
Groth required that unfortunate scene to speak out and he has "hold back" for years already.
mark my word - you will see more of pros speaking out on various matters, criticize institutions.
WTT isn't the solution it promised it was, and we still have 12 years left of this 15 year contract that was signed without consultation with athlete commission. No pilot run, no information and then 15 years contract. everyone has to just accept, players wasn't happy!

He sees himself as some authority because of his access to information with viable and verifiable links ( from the players, their coaches and insights from the media on the players' lives). He doesn't just harken back to what some coach scrunched up somewhere thinks, which frankly shouldn't be held in higher regard than what fans think, mainly because we can't even verify the authenticity of these coaches.
zeio has opening admit that sources from China that he quotes supersede ttd forum members viewpoint, because LGL said something that zeio believes equates to what comes from the east is final.
He has said that a decade ago and he sure hasn't changed.
I would probably get busy and loose focus on zeio, and he will just get into more arguments with other members and the cycle continues (its been like that since 2010 or so)

any ways, back to criticize institutions
the consensus among the pros are not joyful as you or zeio think it is.
I have not met an international that says 2024 is little events. too much events - inside an olympic year, and what Groth says - trying out new things - and now he need to focus back on the olympics.

Maybe you should find out from other countries national players on the challenges they are facing, since Russians aren't allowed to compete - so maybe your source of information is more limited. But mine isn't.

People are free to not believe me, I'm not too bothered.
Over the years, I like to make friends everywhere, learn of each countries success and challenges and to be part of the semi pro to pro family. I am really a nobody in the pro space, but I think with sincerity, they do accept me in and so far, it works, and I share the same concerns they have and will do my best to help them.

since you a tt fan, I had DHK's racket in my hand today. you won't find that info on table tennis news sources ;)
few things I can't talk about there, but I sure enjoy the rubbers on it.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Semi-related to World Cup. I've always wondered.

Speaking of racism (since Aruna brings it up, why not?), has Samsonov been subjected to it just because he is from Belarus? Despite being a 3-time World Cup holder (1999, 2001, 2009) and the former oldest player to win at 33 before ML at 35, WTTC 1997 runner-up, 3-time ETTC Champion (1998, 2003, 2005), European Games 2015 silver medalist, Rio 2016 4th place (for reference), why is Boll much more celebrated in the West?

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/foru...mo-boll-never-became-a-world-champion#1142261
LGL revealed that all 6 CNT players (ML/ZJK/XX/FZD/FB/LJK) picked the 39-year-old Samsonov as 1 of the 3 top threats before WTTC 2015.

从王涛(微博)、刘国梁,到王励勤(微博)、王皓(微博 博客)数据),再到马龙(微博)、张继科、樊振东,中国男单不断有新血液涌入,这些年过去,国乒有几个对手始终没变,萨姆索诺夫就是其中一位。刘国梁介绍说,赛前评选国乒男单的三个劲敌,六位选手一致都选萨姆索诺夫,可见其实力不容小觑。

为了备战与萨姆索诺夫的比赛,刘国梁赛前也为张继科开了小灶,他说,“赛前我跟张继科说,开场进入状态要快,萨姆索诺夫打球跟马龙有点像,上来胆子非常大,另外他跟佩尔森也有些相似,善于抓住人的弱点,一旦进入他的状态,就会非常难受。”(秋心)

Liu Guozheng has said Boll is soft, and Liu Guoliang has said Samsonov was the biggest threat for WTTC 2003.

刘国梁指点江山:最看好马琳 萨姆索诺夫威胁最大
http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2003-05-14/1011440387.shtml
  应该说在“新三虎”中,庄智渊速度最快,不少教练都把他列为头号劲敌。然而,刘国梁却并不看好他。相反的,他认为论及攻守转换的质量,波尔和萨姆索诺夫更加厚实一些。尤其是萨姆索诺夫,如果他能出色发挥,或许能连闯中国队五关。此外,他对每一位中国选手的胜率都能达到50%,应当说威胁最大。同时刘国梁还认为:按孔令辉目前的状况,他完全有可能夺冠,但前不久输球太多也可能会影响他的心理。王皓的技术对海外选手的威胁最大,有能力成为“黑马”,刘国正已具备了打进前四强的能力。
It should be said that among the "New Three Tigers", Chuang Chih-Yuan is the fastest, and many coaches list him as their number one rival. However, Liu Guoliang was not optimistic about him. On the contrary, he believes that when it comes to the quality of offensive and defensive transitions, Boll and Samsonov are more solid. Especially Samsonov, if he can perform well, he may be able to break through the five players of the Chinese team. In addition, his win rate against every Chinese player can reach 50%, which should be said to be the greatest threat. At the same time, Liu Guoliang also believes that according to Kong Linghui's current situation, it is entirely possible for him to win the championship, but losing too many games recently may also affect his psychology. Wang Hao's skills pose the greatest threat to overseas players and he has the ability to become a "dark horse". Liu Guozheng already has the ability to reach the top four.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Semi-related to World Cup. I've always wondered.

Speaking of racism (since Aruna brings it up, why not?), has Samsonov been subjected to it just because he is from Belarus? Despite being a 3-time World Cup holder (1999, 2001, 2009) and the former oldest player to win at 33 before ML at 35, WTTC 1997 runner-up, 3-time ETTC Champion (1998, 2003, 2005), European Games 2015 silver medalist, Rio 2016 4th place (for reference), why is Boll much more celebrated in the West?

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/foru...mo-boll-never-became-a-world-champion#1142261

Liu Guozheng has said Boll is soft, and Liu Guoliang has said Samsonov was the biggest threat for WTTC 2003.

刘国梁指点江山:最看好马琳 萨姆索诺夫威胁最大
http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2003-05-14/1011440387.shtml

It should be said that among the "New Three Tigers", Chuang Chih-Yuan is the fastest, and many coaches list him as their number one rival. However, Liu Guoliang was not optimistic about him. On the contrary, he believes that when it comes to the quality of offensive and defensive transitions, Boll and Samsonov are more solid. Especially Samsonov, if he can perform well, he may be able to break through the five players of the Chinese team. In addition, his win rate against every Chinese player can reach 50%, which should be said to be the greatest threat. At the same time, Liu Guoliang also believes that according to Kong Linghui's current situation, it is entirely possible for him to win the championship, but losing too many games recently may also affect his psychology. Wang Hao's skills pose the greatest threat to overseas players and he has the ability to become a "dark horse". Liu Guozheng already has the ability to reach the top four.
I really don't know how your logic works....

35 year old Aruna didn't have grief with ITTF. He only started having issues in WTT era.
Samsonov is known as the gentlemen and he had no real grief with ITTF, other than opening stating that part of his game has been influenced negatively from rule changes (like many others too).

so is your logic saying, WTT has no racism, because of stuff said in 2003 against a Belarus player, from a problem "country" due to the Russian Ukraine war 20 years later?

I know you already rub off Aruna's remarks as a non event. Which is unfortunately, but you are minority for sure.

Regarding Boll? well he has been the poster boy of the biggest table tennis equipment company in the world for many years. Germany is a bigger market than Belarus. So, what are you trying to imply that you don't already know as facts?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
funny that 2 people (1 from Russia, 1 from China) don't see the need of "criticize institutions,"
In the free world, we are free and allowed to criticize institutions, and of late, more and more PRO players are doing just that.

it requires the brave to speak out. Many have shown disapproval, but many more are fearful of speaking out, not necessary because of fear of ITTF, but rather, many don't want to be seen as "trouble makers".
Groth required that unfortunate scene to speak out and he has "hold back" for years already.
mark my word - you will see more of pros speaking out on various matters, criticize institutions.
WTT isn't the solution it promised it was, and we still have 12 years left of this 15 year contract that was signed without consultation with athlete commission. No pilot run, no information and then 15 years contract. everyone has to just accept, players wasn't happy!

zeio has opening admit that sources from China that he quotes supersede ttd forum members viewpoint, because LGL said something that zeio believes equates to what comes from the east is final.
He has said that a decade ago and he sure hasn't changed.
I would probably get busy and loose focus on zeio, and he will just get into more arguments with other members and the cycle continues (its been like that since 2010 or so)

any ways, back to criticize institutions
the consensus among the pros are not joyful as you or zeio think it is.
I have not met an international that says 2024 is little events. too much events - inside an olympic year, and what Groth says - trying out new things - and now he need to focus back on the olympics.

Maybe you should find out from other countries national players on the challenges they are facing, since Russians aren't allowed to compete - so maybe your source of information is more limited. But mine isn't.

People are free to not believe me, I'm not too bothered.
Over the years, I like to make friends everywhere, learn of each countries success and challenges and to be part of the semi pro to pro family. I am really a nobody in the pro space, but I think with sincerity, they do accept me in and so far, it works, and I share the same concerns they have and will do my best to help them.

since you a tt fan, I had DHK's racket in my hand today. you won't find that info on table tennis news sources ;)
few things I can't talk about there, but I sure enjoy the rubbers on it.
I don't have much to argue with "good faith" criticism of institutions. There's a lot of things that they've done wrong as you've rightly pointed out.You know that very well. And you know what I'm pointing out; you have other agendas whether you believe it or not, and it's clear as day, he's as much of an authority here as you are. Maybe you haven't figured out from my train of thoughts and my use of language here that I'm not Russian but that's neither here or there. In the spirit of free speech, how about you adapt to his presence here?? You can't really tell a leopard to change its spots.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I really have troubles understanding how you got this:
so is your logic saying, WTT has no racism, because of stuff said in 2003 against a Belarus player, from a problem "country" due to the Russian Ukraine war 20 years later?
from this:
> why is Boll much more celebrated in the West ? [i.e. is it because of racism against (Belo)Russians]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I really have troubles understanding how you got this:

from this:
> why is Boll much more celebrated in the West ? [i.e. is it because of racism against (Belo)Russians]

from this

has Samsonov been subjected to it just because he is from Belarus?
no idea how Belarus in 2003 has to do with Aruna/Nigeria in 2024
was there racism towards Belarus in 2003? I don't think so. Samsonov was a very popular player back then.
Butterfly poster boys always seem to have higher market value than Tibhar's.
Just feels like another shift of goal post to state it is okay for Aruna receiving unfairness because zeio quotes China feel Samsonov is a bigger threat to Boll? The logic just doesn't make sense in this comparison no matter what angle i'm trying to think what z is trying to say. There is no rules saying the biggest threat will be the more famous player. just like 2004 olympic champion was not the biggest threat or was not the most famous player. CNT speach does make mistakes at times and that got nothing to do with Aruna and many other players challenges today.... Irrespective of the logic in 2003, its 2024 now and now is what counts.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
from this

no idea how Belarus in 2003 has to do with Aruna/Nigeria in 2024
was there racism towards Belarus in 2003? I don't think so. Samsonov was a very popular player back then.
Butterfly poster boys always seem to have higher market value than Tibhar's.
Just feels like another shift of goal post to state it is okay for Aruna receiving unfairness because zeio quotes China feel Samsonov is a bigger threat to Boll? The logic just doesn't make sense in this comparison no matter what angle i'm trying to think what z is trying to say. There is no rules saying the biggest threat will be the more famous player. just like 2004 olympic champion was not the biggest threat or was not the most famous player. CNT speach does make mistakes at times and that got nothing to do with Aruna and many other players challenges today.... Irrespective of the logic in 2003, its 2024 now and now is what counts.
You can't really read when you're so agitated, can you?

zeio wrote on a completely different topic:

> Semi-related to World Cup. I've always wondered.
> Speaking of racism (since Aruna brings it up, why not?), has Samsonov been subjected to it just because he is from Belarus?

It's a different topic, semi-related to World Cup, about the attitude to Boll vs Samsonov on the West. It has nothing to do with Aruna in essence.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
You can't really read when you're so agitated, can you?

zeio wrote on a completely different topic:

> Semi-related to World Cup. I've always wondered.
> Speaking of racism (since Aruna brings it up, why not?), has Samsonov been subjected to it just because he is from Belarus?

It's a different topic, semi-related to World Cup, about the attitude to Boll vs Samsonov on the West. It has nothing to do with Aruna in essence.
Im sure my reading is ok

It is all linked. zeio wont reference things without linking it. Same style for over a decade.

So lets recap, according to zeio, samsonov was a victim of racism? Correct?
His reasoning is because boll is more popular, and samsonov according to few chinese people is a bigger threat, and because of the chinese (quotes), samsonov should of been more popular and he isnt and it is due to racism, correct?

Even if there was racism (which my memory can’t recall), zeio is trying to brush off aruna claims of it.
It is like saying because there is a victim in 2003, it is fine to have one in 2024.

Better context
Samsonov to aruna: i had racism on me from the west in 2003, so you should accept the same fate.

So what racism did Samsonov faced?
Can wtt explain why they put Singapore Smash to overlap the African Games (they could of easily dodged it), and would WTT overlap Asian or European Games? for reference, this was when Aruna started to call unfairness to Africans.

I personally dont feel racism is the word I would use. But wtt showed no respect to players from Africa, yet they have clear objectives of promoting table tennis in Africa. Maybe its just pr stunts…

Last edited: