729 Bloom Power

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2023
Don't think I've seen a 729 Bloom Power thread.

Bloom Power is pretty cheap, retails for around $12~ in my country, what I want to know is, what would be the best blade to use it with? I have a few blades lying around, a 729 Yellow blade, Sanwei Froster, Giant Dragon Fiberpotence ALC and a Stiga Allround Classic.
Any insight will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
May I ask which source you use for $12 dollars per rubber? The lowest I can find is $20, and most $25.

Reactions: TheProfessor
I played with it tonight again and bloody hell I think it’s getting even faster. Tonight I was able to to do kill loops… Normally I have to build up to win the point, but tonight I was able to kill it immediately…
It way less sticky now but it still has a really good grip… It’s better than my other blade which has G09C. I get more Power from G09C but I had more fun playing with Bloom power tonight…
It’s a damn good rubber I gave to give Tensorbackhand this…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
the problem with boosting is that the rubber may becomes inconsistent, because we can't distribute the boosting oil evenly. So very likely the ball will behave differently when you hit different spots in your rubber. That's why recently I don't rely on boosting anymore

I had the same reasoning to worry about consistency when using booster (manually I cannot produce an acceptably even layer). So my reasons not to boost also inlcuded this, but also that I think, regluing sheets is time consuming.

Reactions: longle
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I had the same reasoning to worry about consistency when using booster (manually I cannot produce an acceptably even layer). So my reasons not to boost also inlcuded this, but also that I think, regluing sheets is time consuming.
If I have to boost, 2 layers is the maximum for me. But I got lazy and want to develop my game more, so now I am seeking rubbers that do not require boosting.

Reactions: TT Lover
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Thanks! Then I'll have to work a bit harder to find the right sellers
I think only the non-ittf stamped ones are retailing at 10-12 usd, in my country it retails for 850 Php which is about $15, if you buy in bulk you can get it down to $12 I think.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
If I have to boost, 2 layers is the maximum for me. But I got lazy and want to develop my game more, so now I am seeking rubbers that do not require boosting.
Hi! For me, the main problem with a booster is not the ability to apply an even layer and not the complexity of the procedure or time, not at all. The main problem is the change in rubber properties over time. You never know whether in three days or a week the rubber will perform the same as they do today. It constantly undergoes softening/hardening processes and changes its properties. This is especially noticeable if you take a week's break. I also noticed this feature in some rubbers under the booster - a sharp change in properties literally the next day. Yesterday the rubber played great, but today they don’t - they are heavier, slower and rotate less.
The only good thing is that all these problems can be solved by booster :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi! For me, the main problem with a booster is not the ability to apply an even layer and not the complexity of the procedure or time, not at all. The main problem is the change in rubber properties over time. You never know whether in three days or a week the rubber will perform the same as they do today. It constantly undergoes softening/hardening processes and changes its properties. This is especially noticeable if you take a week's break. I also noticed this feature in some rubbers under the booster - a sharp change in properties literally the next day. Yesterday the rubber played great, but today they don’t - they are heavier, slower and rotate less.
The only good thing is that all these problems can be solved by booster :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
yes, you want to loop better by boosting but it's easy to get stuck in the boosting loop :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Choosikick
Has anyone measured the hardness of Bloom Power and determined what 45d and 47d correspond to?

Considering buying a couple sheets tomorrow but don't know which hardness to pick.
This chart is more or less consistent with my experience.I use bloom power 47.

Attachments

• RadVeOhTaAU.jpg
    RadVeOhTaAU.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 87
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Has anyone measured the hardness of Bloom Power and determined what 45d and 47d correspond to?

Considering buying a couple sheets tomorrow but don't know which hardness to pick.
I feel that the 47deg Bloom Power is similar to DHS Hurricane 3 40/41deg somewhere. The 45 deg I haven't tried yet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
It's slow when you want it to be slow, and fast when you want it to be fast.
I think it's a great rubber, it's just a shame AliExpress doesn't sell the ITTF version of it.

This seller seems to be selling the new version with the ITTF logo. It's in the item description and also the price is a few bucks more than average. At the very least you can probably get a refund if you get the old version. I'll probably double check with the seller before buying.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

This seller seems to be selling the new version with the ITTF logo. It's in the item description and also the price is a few bucks more than average. At the very least you can probably get a refund if you get the old version. I'll probably double check with the seller before buying.
This is a waste of time. I've already bought one from a seller that had the same description, after double checking with the seller, and received the old version without the ITTF logo. Yeah, I got half my money back, and got to try this rubber for cheap, but I am not going to keep spending money on them hoping I'd win the lottery and get one I can use for competitions. IMO, LAC and Big Dipper are as good if not better, and you get what you pay for, so why bother with scummy stores and items.

Reactions: hclnnkhg