729 Bloom Power

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Don't think I've seen a 729 Bloom Power thread.

Bloom Power is pretty cheap, retails for around $12~ in my country, what I want to know is, what would be the best blade to use it with? I have a few blades lying around, a 729 Yellow blade, Sanwei Froster, Giant Dragon Fiberpotence ALC and a Stiga Allround Classic.
Any insight will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
okay this is a great rubber for the price, but don't boost it too much, I boosted it with 4 layers and it went mushy, had to throw it away. I suggest 2 layers of Falco is enough.

The picture is my Bloom Power with 2 layers yesterday, after I boosted it with 2 layers last week. So a total of 4 layers

IMG_20230928_180442.jpg

This user has no status.
okay this is a great rubber for the price, but don't boost it too much, I boosted it with 4 layers and it went mushy, had to throw it away. I suggest 2 layers of Falco is enough.

The picture is my Bloom Power with 2 layers yesterday, after I boosted it with 2 layers last week. So a total of 4 layers

View attachment 26854
4 layers of Falco is a huge amount though. I never could boost H3 or B2 with more than 2 with it, otherwise i would have created a rubber role...
1-2 (one bigger layer for example) was usually enough for the needed effect to kick in.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023

View attachment 26854
Get another sheet to boost 2 layers then :D

• Haha
Reactions: longle
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
4 layers of Falco is a huge amount though. I never could boost H3 or B2 with more than 2 with it, otherwise i would have created a rubber role...
1-2 (one bigger layer for example) was usually enough for the needed effect to kick in.
yeah just experimenting.. I saw people in my club boosted their H3 NT H41 with 3-4 layers 😝 BP is dirt cheap so I just went all out :ROFLMAO:

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Can harder rubbers take more boosting in general?

What would happen if a H41 H3 is boosted to H38👀
the problem with boosting is that the rubber may becomes inconsistent, because we can't distribute the boosting oil evenly. So very likely the ball will behave differently when you hit different spots in your rubber. That's why recently I don't rely on boosting anymore

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
My problem with it is that it has no ITTF logo on it, and when trying to buy the 16$ version with it -- I was sent the 12$ logoless version instead.

I did try it though, on an allwood blade. It's nice, and quite fast when you want the speed. Very similar to LAC, but I think LAC has more spin.
The ones without the ITTF logo might be quite old. For the last 2 years I've only got the ones with the ITTF logo sent to me. But I guess that the rubber is the same anyway, but it might be a little older then.

This user has no status.
I ordered on Lazada a 45d sheet and surprised because it has ITTF logo on it:
link

It is bouncier than Battle 2 (Normal version), maybe because of 2.2 sponge, spin is similar. As my experience with playing unboosted Battle 2 or Bloom Power, they work very good unboosted on inner ALC/ZLC blade than outer ALC/ZLC blade or all wood blade

DSC_1425 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: riemsesy and longle
The ones without the ITTF logo might be quite old. For the last 2 years I've only got the ones with the ITTF logo sent to me. But I guess that the rubber is the same anyway, but it might be a little older then.
The one You sold me a couple of months ago didn’t have one…

Cheers
L-zr

Attachments

• IMG_0669.jpeg
    IMG_0669.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Reactions: BaRanchik
That means its over two years old ;)

Cheers
Yep, but that’s no age and I had no issues, except it was a bit slow. But that was expected. The tackiness disappeared very quickly, but that was expected too…
In reality I think it was an excellent value, but a little bit less due to the missing ITTF logo…

A note though On mockers site the picture of the package does not have the label either.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
I ordered on Lazada a 45d sheet and surprised because it has ITTF logo on it:
link

It is bouncier than Battle 2 (Normal version), maybe because of 2.2 sponge, spin is similar. As my experience with playing unboosted Battle 2 or Bloom Power, they work very good unboosted on inner ALC/ZLC blade than outer ALC/ZLC blade or all wood blade

View attachment 26868
This one’s a DHS Hurricane 301Z but you know that it’s not ZLC right? It’s a strengthened aramid carbon, it’s just the name that insinuates it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Yep, but that’s no age and I had no issues, except it was a bit slow. But that was expected. The tackiness disappeared very quickly, but that was expected too…
In reality I think it was an excellent value, but a little bit less due to the missing ITTF logo…

A note though On mockers site the picture of the package does not have the label either.

Cheers
L-zr
Well, It probably is the exact same rubber but with a different marking, but I'm getting pissed if I get rubbers with no ITTF logo, and the package says the other way. I'm checking with 729 now, and I'll come back with some sort of explanation I hope :)

Reactions: hclnnkhg
Oh. But I think the package had the ITTF logo. Do you remember? I have to check this out so they don't send out rubbers without the logo on... :(
Yes I remember, it did not have an ITTF logo.

It’s not a big deal, the batch I got from You is experimental, actually both of them are.

Cheers
L-zr

Well, It probably is the exact same rubber but with a different marking, but I'm getting pissed if I get rubbers with no ITTF logo, and the package says the other way. I'm checking with 729 now, and I'll come back with some sort of explanation I hope :)
The package did not have an ITTF logo, I specifically looked for this after a discussion here, but as I said that’s not an issue for me. It’s an experiment.

Cheers
L-zr