Acoustic 82g vs 90g?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Hello,

I recently bought an Acoustic-blade and was surprised by its low weight, 82g. Some years ago I had an Acoustic that felt much more stable and punchy, as I can remember. I may remember wrong but I think its weight was around 90g.The current one feels much more hollow which I dislike. Is 8 gram difference normal for the sane blade? Anything one can do make lighter blade feel more punchier?

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
82 grams is good when you seeking for control or make a lot unforced errors when playing. But if you want some power and speed 89-90 grams would be more favourable. 8-10 grams in weight, pretty significantly affects the characteristics of the blade. I actually have an 82 gr acoustic too

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Hello,

I recently bought an Acoustic-blade and was surprised by its low weight, 82g. Some years ago I had an Acoustic that felt much more stable and punchy, as I can remember. I may remember wrong but I think its weight was around 90g.The current one feels much more hollow which I dislike. Is 8 gram difference normal for the sane blade? Anything one can do make lighter blade feel more punchier?
And not, lighter blade definitely not feel more punchier but fast rubbers can make it faster 😏

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick
says Fzding around...
says Fzding around...
Mar 2020
Read 1 reviews
Does a blade play significantly faster if its 3g heavier than another of the same blade model?
It depends on how the mass is distributed. Impacts more if in the head of the racket, less if in the handle - Ceteris Paribus
3 grams are not much. The racket easily gets 3 grams when played in warm and / or wet conditions. Atmospheric moisture and sweat penetrate the wood.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
mine was delivered yesterday and was surprised of the weight. It is 78g, too.
94E22850-EA33-4D9D-ADCC-E39F6A8CD4AC.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
mine was delivered yesterday and was surprised of the weight. It is 78g, too.
View attachment 24643

I guess my Acoustic has competition for the lightest in the world. Along with being light it was pretty soft too as measured by frequency analyzer coming in at 1205 hz. I feel like it's a really nimble blade. Hand switches are fast and it goes quickly to the ball on reactionary shots. But it lacks a bit of the stability I need as a beginner.

I've started training wtih my 87g Yasaka Sweden Extra and it feels slow and ponderous in comparison. But I feel like I might be more consistent with the YSE.

Let me know what your impressions are after playing with it. You're the only other person on the internet with such a lightweight Acoustic.

Last edited:
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022
I had 3 acoustics and 2 of them was 85g, the latest with large handle I have is 88g, which is perfect for me.
IMO, 85g is good weight for a blade, well-balanced.
±10g is pretty normal in my experience.
IDK. In 1000+ multi ball sessions, +10g may have different to some players, depending on their strength, ofc.

Reactions: Choosikick