advice for FH rubber please...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
It is all well and good speaking in general terms but you also said you tend to favour push rallies quite a bit, so maybe you were onto something with the Victas, and don't need anything crazier than Rhyzm-P? Another way to look at it is, do you generally prefer to take the initiative at the first opportunity (in which case you also need to be honest about your "intermediate" level) or to react to your opponent's play (which can be just as effective, but implies a slightly different approach) and also, do you only use backspin as a safe way to send the ball back or do you actively use it as a means to force errors? It does not have to be all one or the other, but you can start by breaking these and a few more things into percentages and what you are aiming at in the near future, and go from there.

Or just get a Vega Pro 1.8. :p

Reactions: domac101
This user has no status.
I would say try Rakza 7 or X, not 9 ( Very good durability). Mantra H is good for counter-attack not as good in straight up blocking. Donic m1 is ok but JP 01 is better but the durability, if you train often, is like 1-3 months :/. Target pro 47 is ok but better for bh tho and about the Victas I haven't tried but I have heard it ´s not so good for blocking. You have a medium hardness blade so go for harder rubber. GOOD LUCK ;)

says thank you for your response.it was very helpful.i really...
Mar 2018
It is all well and good speaking in general terms but you also said you tend to favour push rallies quite a bit, so maybe you were onto something with the Victas, and don't need anything crazier than Rhyzm-P? Another way to look at it is, do you generally prefer to take the initiative at the first opportunity (in which case you also need to be honest about your "intermediate" level) or to react to your opponent's play (which can be just as effective, but implies a slightly different approach) and also, do you only use backspin as a safe way to send the ball back or do you actively use it as a means to force errors? It does not have to be all one or the other, but you can start by breaking these and a few more things into percentages and what you are aiming at in the near future, and go from there.

Or just get a Vega Pro 1.8. :p
i am honest about my level.i prefer to take the first opportunity but i have quite good push as well.sometimes when i dont feel confintent i will not take that opportunity and i will return short push and wait for the next ball.

Mar 2018
I would say try Rakza 7 or X, not 9 ( Very good durability). Mantra H is good for counter-attack not as good in straight up blocking. Donic m1 is ok but JP 01 is better but the durability, if you train often, is like 1-3 months :/. Target pro 47 is ok but better for bh tho and about the Victas I haven't tried but I have heard it ´s not so good for blocking. You have a medium hardness blade so go for harder rubber. GOOD LUCK ;)
thank you John.thats why i am looking for 47-48 hardness degree rubber

This user has no status.
i want to thank EVERYONE who had the interest to help me with his advice.i think that i will take the safest option,vega pro

Which thickness?

Also, I know this thread is about forehand, but what will you go with for backhand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: