Advice for new Nittaku blade

This user has no status.
Hello (and sorry for my english level), I would like to change my blade, I need some advices :

My level could be « strong beginner », as I began table tennis in september, but I have lot of years of practice tennis at high level, so even if technique is different, I have some « reflexes » and I can play equal with peoples that plays since 3 or 4 years. I play a lot with rotation, I love top spin. Here his my blades history :

- Septear Lead with Vega Intro : I loved the feel of this blade, but unfortunatly I loose it … I love the flex, smooth, cusshion but in same time catapult effect, the dwell time id goog. I could buy another one, but I wonder if there is a blade even much better in term of feel, and my only corncern is that the handle is thin.

- Then I buy a Victas Dyna soft with Vari spin, and sorry to say say but I hate it, in the name of soft I was expecting somethin with more flex, dwell, more cushioned, and I found it « inert », even stiff. And it is very slow (but I think that could be because of the Vari spin as the Vega intro is faster). So I hate the feeling, it is slower than the Septear (I knowed that before to buy so ok) but in the same time I have les control. No pleasure to use it and the Sweet spot seem very small. And to finifh it vibrate a lot. Could it be because it is 5 ply wood ? To finish, the craftmanship is under Nittaku even if they are both made in Japan, I much prefer Nittaku quality. I plan to sell it.

- So then I buy the Septear feel inner with factive rubber, and this blade is very efficient : fast enough for my level, stable, sweet spot is huge, nice spin potential, easy to use, perfect handle compared to the Lead version (a bit too thin) etc … I have only one concern but it is not minor : I found the feel unconsistant, sometimes the feel is so good, and sometime the feel is so bad. Maybe it is because of the carbon layer ? The sweespot is really big and shot are good even on off center, but it seems to me like there is a "feel" sweet spot : if impact is really centered it is fine, if not it is very not cool. I much prefer the Septear lead feeling, and I don’t notice a really big difference about sweet spot size, for me the too difference are the feel inner is a bit more stable, and more powerfull on really hard hit. I plan to keep it, but for main blade I would like something with better feel.

So I am looking for a new with these features : very good feeling with a smooth / cushion / flex impact but with some « catapult » effect, speed around Off- (like around the Septear feel inner), dwell time above average, and no vibration (or very few). And if possible I will much appreciate to stay with Nittaku blade as quality is so good (of course if other brands blade can match all these points, I am interested, but If I can find it buy Nittaku, it is the best).
For me the feel is the major point, as if you have pleasure to use a blade, it is better to improve and play.

I am thinking about these Nittaku blades : Septear (normal 7 ply hinoki), Tornado king, Acoustic (classic on without carbon), Ma long five, S-series S-7. Cool you give me some advice please ? Thank you a lot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
"
So I am looking for a new with these features : very good feeling with a smooth / cushion / flex impact but with some « catapult » effect, speed around Off- (like around the Septear feel inner), dwell time above average, and no vibration (or very few). And if possible I will much appreciate to stay with Nittaku blade as quality is so good (of course if other brands blade can match all these points, I am interested, but If I can find it buy Nittaku, it is the best).
For me the feel is the major point, as if you have pleasure to use a blade, it is better to improve and play."

Go for a Nittaku Acoustic, you can't go wrong with that. I tried the Acoustic Carbon(outer) as well and it doesn't feel too fast, not that much faster than the Acoustic allwood either. If you want to EJ a bit, go buy both but if on a budget, go for the Nittaku Acoustic, if you want something from another brand with the same composition. OSP Virtuoso is a good option.

Reactions: Romson
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
If you go for the Acoustic be aware that the original model has a handle that some find too thin and small. Nittaku made an "LG" version with a larger handle. Some think this is too chunky. They eventually released an "SG" version which is somewhere in between. Try to get the various version in your hand before you commit to the high price. These blades are excellent quality.

This user has no status.
If you go for the Acoustic be aware that the original model has a handle that some find too thin and small. Nittaku made an "LG" version with a larger handle. Some think this is too chunky. They eventually released an "SG" version which is somewhere in between. Try to get the various version in your hand before you commit to the high price. These blades are excellent quality.

Thank you a lot for your help. The original version is the same handle like the Septear Lead ? It is thin yes, but if the large version is to big, I prefer choose to thin. How is the large compared to other brands, for exemple Victas FL handle or Butterfly FL handle ? Is the Acoustic LG bigger or about the same ? Also, on my Septear Feel inner, the handle is normal, as other brands FL handle, and bigger than the Lead.

"
For me the feel is the major point, as if you have pleasure to use a blade, it is better to improve and play."

Go for a Nittaku Acoustic, you can't go wrong with that. I tried the Acoustic Carbon(outer) as well and it doesn't feel too fast, not that much faster than the Acoustic allwood either. If you want to EJ a bit, go buy both but if on a budget, go for the Nittaku Acoustic, if you want something from another brand with the same composition. OSP Virtuoso is a good option.

Thank you a lot. On paper yes the Acoustic seems really good. When you say that the carbon version is not so fast compared to the normal version, then what is the advantage ? Because I read that all wood blades have allways better feeling than their carbon version (and I guess it is whay I prefer Septear Lead feel than the Septear Feel inner) ?
I also wonder if this blade really deserve the price ? I mean for exemple, is it justified the price difference between this one and the Septear (normal version, 7 ply hinoki) ? For me the Acoustic price is not a problem I canafford it, but I would like to be sure that it is linked with quality.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Thank you a lot for your help. The original version is the same handle like the Septear Lead ? It is thin yes, but if the large version is to big, I prefer choose to thin. How is the large compared to other brands, for exemple Victas FL handle or Butterfly FL handle ? Is the Acoustic LG bigger or about the same ? Also, on my Septear Feel inner, the handle is normal, as other brands FL handle, and bigger than the Lead.

Thank you a lot. On paper yes the Acoustic seems really good. When you say that the carbon version is not so fast compared to the normal version, then what is the advantage ? Because I read that all wood blades have allways better feeling than their carbon version (and I guess it is whay I prefer Septear Lead feel than the Septear Feel inner) ?
I also wonder if this blade really deserve the price ? I mean for exemple, is it justified the price difference between this one and the Septear (normal version, 7 ply hinoki) ? For me the Acoustic price is not a problem I canafford it, but I would like to be sure that it is linked with quality.
Note:Will refer to Acoustic Carbon as AC and Acoustic as A.

Feeling is relative and subjective so that is not always the case.
Feeling wise, the AC is stiffer and feels somewhat muted. Speedwise it's only faster by about a notch or 2.
I'm not familiar with the rubbers that you mentioned earlier so I can't comment on that.
The A in my opinion definitely felt better and I used that blade maybe for 6 months or so, the AC I sold after a month. I change blades quite frequently so 6 months with the A says a lot.
If I were to pick, I'd go for the A over the AC, but then again it depends on the rubbers that I'll use.

This user has no status.
Note:Will refer to Acoustic Carbon as AC and Acoustic as A.

Feeling is relative and subjective so that is not always the case.
Feeling wise, the AC is stiffer and feels somewhat muted. Speedwise it's only faster by about a notch or 2.
I'm not familiar with the rubbers that you mentioned earlier so I can't comment on that.
The A in my opinion definitely felt better and I used that blade maybe for 6 months or so, the AC I sold after a month. I change blades quite frequently so 6 months with the A says a lot.
If I were to pick, I'd go for the A over the AC, but then again it depends on the rubbers that I'll use.

Well thank you, from what you said it is clear that the A will be a better choice for me as feel is my very important point. My only interrogation about the Acoustic is : is it really worth the price ? Is it really better than a Septear, or a S-series S-7 etc ...

About rubbers, I don't know it it can hel but I find the in the factive some similarities with the Vega intro that I had on my Septear Lead.

Today if I have to choose, it could be between the Acoustic (all wood), the Tornado king (I guess it is in the same family as Ma Long five ?) and the Septear.
The Septear could be a good choice as it is full Hinoki and as I loved the Lead version, which is only 2 layer outer Hinoki, maybe the normal Septear will be even better ?

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
S
Well thank you, from what you said it is clear that the A will be a better choice for me as feel is my very important point. My only interrogation about the Acoustic is : is it really worth the price ? Is it really better than a Septear, or a S-series S-7 etc ...

About rubbers, I don't know it it can hel but I find the in the factive some similarities with the Vega intro that I had on my Septear Lead.

Today if I have to choose, it could be between the Acoustic (all wood), the Tornado king (I guess it is in the same family as Ma Long five ?) and the Septear.
The Septear could be a good choice as it is full Hinoki and as I loved the Lead version, which is only 2 layer outer Hinoki, maybe the normal Septear will be even better ?
Regular Nittaku Septear is a really good blade, especially if you into hinoki feeling. I gifted one to my coach, since his favorite hinoki Avalox brakes off. He is paired it with 09c both sides, and had told me that, he got win against really good younger players, whom he usually lost for the last times. Because of tremendous control and spin that this setup provides. Plus it’s hinoki - if you i like it, you will not be disappointed. Btw handle is on the little side like in many Nittaku blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023

Unfortunately I haven't tried the other Nittaku but hopefully the other members can chime in.

This user has no status.
Hello, thank you a lot for your help. I am nit still sure but I am thinking more and more to go withe the Septear, it seems to have all I am looking for, mainly the feel. My tought is that the Acoustic seems an awsome blade, but for the price and for my level, I think the Septear is more than enough. Thank you a lot for your help.

Reactions: TheProfessor
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
You might want to look into the Nittaku S-5.

This chart might be useful for identifying Nittaku blades to your liking, but I wouldn't rely on it being too accurate.

Nittaku_Blades.JPG

This user has no status.
Thank you a lot for your answer. Since I have ordered the normal Septear, and like it a lot. But as I am also a sort of collector guy, I am also looking for something around the same power, but flexier and more spin and controle game oriented, for allround offensive game.

The Latika or Kasumi Basic are great 5-ply woods, with a great feel (close to Acoustic), better value than Acoustic and they have the advantage of being a bit harder (better for the plastic ball) while remaining flexible to start easily in top spin.
I heard Latika and Kasumi basic are a bit the same, is it right ? I don't tested the acoustic, if you know the Septear (the regular one), can you compare it to the Latika ? I have also interest in the Latika 7 but it seems reallyy hard to find now. About the Latika, the handle is thin like Septear lead, or more normal like the regula Septear ? Cause on the Lead version, it is to thin ...

The nittaku Acousic carbon is a good one
Thanks, but I decide to stay only with all wood blade as I prefer the feel. I have the Septear feel inner, really efficiant blade but I like the feeling less, in comparison I much prefer the touch of the normal Septear, it i so nice in comparison touch is great and so solid, and I even prefer the Septear lead touch (because it is a bit flexier), but the handle is to thin ...

This chart might be useful for identifying Nittaku blades to your liking, but I wouldn't rely on it being too accurate.

Funny you speak about the S-5, because in another post I ask about the Latika and the S-5. I think the chart is a bit outdated a not precise yes, because I am not sure why the Latika 7 can be so flexible and on the control side. Also, on the new chart, the Septear lead has less spead than the normal Septear, but in real life I don't see so muche difference. Same, the Feel inner is done like way more powerfull than the normal Septear, but in test it is not so evident.

For my research, the best blade should be an Nittaku Septear Lead, a bit (but not to much) more slow, controled and spin oriented (yes I know technique is the most important), with a normal handle. If budget was not a consideration, I think that my dream blade should be the Violin.

I tought a lot about the Latika and the S-5. On paper, I like more the S-5 (the finish seems awesome ans Soulspin know what they do), but about the chart the S-5 is a lot more powerfull than the normal Septear (but then again, the chart is strange, I read on other post that the S-7 is more powerfull, but on the chart it is the opposite).

Maybe it is an error from me because maybe there are on other manufacturers lot of blades that I could love, but now I know Nittaku quality, it is hard for me to think about other manufacturers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yes, Kasumi Basic and Latika are almost the same (2 mm difference in blade length). I have the Kasumi Basic which is well balanced (no head heavy unlike the Acoustic with its too thin handle... the acoustic L-size is better). The flared handfle of the Kasumi Basic is very pleasant.

Sorry, I've never tried the Septear or other hinoki blades (I didn't have the opportunity and I like the feel of limba really much).

1682504658593.png

1682504619399.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Nittaku_Blades.JPG
Hardly a reference chart. I have Acoustic, Violin and Ludeack, and no way Violin is softer than Acu, it is also just a bit slower, but not that much. Ludeack is faster and a bit harder, not softer.