Advice for new rubbers

This user has no status.
Do they also sell DHS H3-60? A commercial version of that would also be close enough. It would not be as good as what Ma Long is using. But it would be pretty good anyway.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus
No, i don't think hurricane 3-60 is available. But hurricane 3-50 is there and those who have used it, are not thqt much impressed, they expected more. But skyline 3-60 has had good reviews. Hence I think that that is the rubber, if chinese rubber is to be used on bh, then that's (soft version) is the one to go. That is the rubber Xu Xin used or still uses, as has been the rumours. Have you used either of them ?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have not tried anything from DHS for a while. Well, once in a while someone has a racket with H3 on it and I try the racket.

TG3-60 would be interesting to try. Might be good for BH.

But, I still have a feeling that the catapult of the ESN or Butterfly rubbers is better for most players BH.

I would have to try it to know.

Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
I have not tried anything from DHS for a while. Well, once in a while someone has a racket with H3 on it and I try the racket.

TG3-60 would be interesting to try. Might be good for BH.

But, I still have a feeling that the catapult of the ESN or Butterfly rubbers is better for most players BH.

I would have to try it to know.

Yes, european rubbers should be good. Chinese rubbers are a little less comfortable for everyone. But if you want to use it for its advantages, you should have perfect stroke, power and stamina.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I try the target 42,5 and very good fast and spinny!!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I still would say that a soft Euro/Japanese rubber is better for BH than a DHS rubber. At least for most people. And there have been plenty of good suggestions.

I switched from a speedglue era Mk5 to a Skyline II NEO on my BH and I'm quite comfortable with it.
Why would switching to a Chinese BH be harder for most?

This user has no status.
Haven't tried Cornilleau Target Pro series, but the other Target are very good rubbers (Target Sound, Force, Ultim).
Thank you.
What about their durability, throw angle, and tackiness? I was thinking about Target Sound for BH and Target Force 42.5 for FH. I'm an all around attacker with a really hard blade who needs more control on BH side.
Any suggestions except Cornilleau?
Once I put a worn out Tenergy 05 on BH and I was really surprised by the huge improvement on my BH shots. I'm really confused and I don't know which rubbers suit me best. Something soft like Target Sound or something harder like Target Force 42.5? Could you please explain the difference in performance of a soft rubber vs. a hard one on a hard blade?

My blade is really hard due to some kind of metal finish on the wood surface and I have to say it is very fast and the control is lower compared to something softer like Timo Boll ALC or even ZLC.

Thank you all in advance.

Last edited: