Advice needed for blade and rubbers

erm

This user has no status.

erm

This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Read 1 reviews
BH---keep elp or go to els
FH---marry the Korbel with a lower throw rubber than the soft+ mid+ arc bluefire m3 but don't go too hard of a sponge...jump to Medium or Medium+ in terms of sponge... something like bluefire m2, jp 02 is an easier transition considering what you have been using... you can be brave and try mx-p, victas 15 extra, hexer powersponge...ultimately, the change should reflect your level to maximize your growth potential...if you over do it...you will fight the equipment rather then improving

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Bluefire M3 is a bit soft and bouncy, really "fast" it isn´t. But something marginally harder and with less catapult should do a better job. The aforementioned M2 seems an option, probably with thinner (2.0) sponge on the Korbel.
Evolution EL-P is the one out of all the Evolution rubbers. It has a stiff topsheet and can feel very direct. You might gain control and feeling with EL-S or even FX-S, if you´d like to stay with Tibhar.

I would also back the Vega Pro suggestion, maybe even on both sides, 2.0 mm on Korbel.
Personally, I also very much like GEWO Hype EL. There is a 42,5 degree version (around the same sponge hardness as Vega Europe) which should do the job. But then, there are so many ...

At the end of the day, changing the blade and keeping the rubbers at first to see where that gets you is also a proven concept, although I don´t think such a soft rubber as M3 makes much sense either way.

Reactions: Chaddy009