Advice on h3 neo boosting steps

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Hi, got a prov 40º bs h3 neo and It's my first time boosting a rubber with Haifu. I have several and short questions about how to proceed:
1) Do you remove the topsheet plastic before boosting? Or it remains in the topsheet after it curls?
2) How many layers in the 1st boost of the rubber? I think as its a little prefactory tuned, 1 big layer would be enough

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hi, got a prov 40º bs h3 neo and It's my first time boosting a rubber with Haifu. I have several and short questions about how to proceed:
1) Do you remove the topsheet plastic before boosting? Or it remains in the topsheet after it curls?
2) How many layers in the 1st boost of the rubber? I think as its a little prefactory tuned, 1 big layer would be enough

Thanks in advance

1. If you have a clean drawer or box or any other more closed area in your home, you can get rid of the sheet.
It has several advantages: the rubber can more naturally react to the booster and you can see better when the rubber is ready to be glued. Furthermore it is way easier to glue the rubber later on without the plastic cover.
If the above is not the case leave the sheet and remove it around 2 days after you boosted it and see if you can glue it.

2. That highly depends on you. If your technique is great one layer is enough and you should have a decent playable rubber. If you lack power you should at least think about another layer.

Last time i boosted, i put 2 thin layers of the black oil from loki on my loki rxton 9. That is more than enough.