Aesthetically, what’s the most beautiful blade in your opinion?

says On a never ending EJ journey
says On a never ending EJ journey
Jun 2023
For me, I really like the design of the MJ ZLC, so elegant and symmetrical with awesome looking symbol.

Honorable mentions:
Xiom TMXi Pro - I just love the red design of this as well
Nittaku Gyo-en and So-ten - beautiful blades, don’t like the way they play
Joola ZQH - love this shade of purple

Reactions: Mssousa01
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
For me, I really like the design of the MJ ZLC, so elegant and symmetrical with awesome looking symbol.

Honorable mentions:
MJ = Mitzutani Jan? I thought you were talking about Michael Jordan for a second!

My vote is Harimoto blade by Butterfly. I like the fact it is a slower carbon blade. The face is a bit bigger than usual (for Harimoto's blocking purpose). And the handle is gorgeous. I don't own one but a friend of mine at the club does. The bow is requested by Harimoto and the three arrows supposedly represent the Harimoto family working together as one.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I really like the design of the Garaydia ZLC
cot-vot-bong-ban-butterfly-garaydia-zlc-3_1638415774.jpg

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Ellipsoid shape, 152 millimeters measured on max. width. The newly fashioned 150 mm blades suck badly, eing unable to provide accurate game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Honorable mentions:

I like simply pattern personally. My top picks:
Darker Speed 90
A worn out W968

This user has no status.
Choosing my *one* favorite attractive blade? Jesus - now there's a challenge.

I'm a bit of a woodgrain purist when it comes to aesthetics - I love the look of beautiful timber grain, and while brilliant graphic design and artwork will always be a love of mine, I tend to admire more minimalist blades that let the quality of the timber shine through.

When it comes to the attractive blades I want to buy for myself, the EJ also constantly comes out in me, and I'm like a kid in a candy store -- there's just too many good-looking blades out there to choose just the one.

When It comes to blades I've make for others, that inner EJ however is replaced by my inner forgetful-perfectionist. It's actually quite hard for me to remain truly satisfied with any blade I've made once I've started work on the one that follows it, so as a result, out of my own blades I don't really have that many favorites.

...that being said, there are one or two blades I've made which I still wish I owned instead of selling them off, with the one pictured below being the first one that comes to mind -- largely due to the utterly magnificent piece of Australian Red Cedar it came from, rather than it's appearance 🥰🥰

Really light-weight & low density TT wood with a deep natural lustre to it, is exceedingly hard to find nowadays, so parting with this piece was sheer murder. (Really need to buy myself a better camera though, or else take some photography lessons, as the photos don't really do the timber justice).

Attachments

• IMG_20230707_230118405.jpg
    IMG_20230707_230118405.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20230707_231021967.jpg
    IMG_20230707_231021967.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Reactions: turbozed