Allwood blade + Chinese rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

The guys at TT11 seem to like the Neottec Voodoo Classic to pair with Chinese rubbers. There's also the Neottec Gamma Seven which, I guess, is the Neottec equivalent of the Butterfly SK7.

Otherwise, some well-known 5-ply allwood options that are cheaper than Butterfly are:

• Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
  • Tibhar Lebesson
  • Xiom Offensive S
  • Yasaka Sweden Extra
Of the above, personally, I'd probably go for the Xiom Offensive S.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
The Magical Touch seems to have a 6 mm thick hinoki outer, limba, ayous construction like my Cornilleau Hinotec Off-. If the Magical Touch is similar in speed then a Sweden Extra or Tibhar Lebesson are slower. A light, <80g, Tibhar Lebesson, will be a lot slower and does not really pair well with Chinese rubbers. As usual: on average. If the Magical Touch is say over 90g than it could be a quite fast, low OFF blade but I don't know that Dr. Neubauer blade nor are there many reviews/comparisons on the web...
Not so expensive options are the Sanwei Fextra (7-ply) and of course the Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (5-ply).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Yinhe Blades I own:

437S: 1270Hz, Clipper clone, 7 ply (Limba/5x Ayous/Limba). Slower than Sanwei Fextra. Slower than 437.

U1-VB: 1270Hz, Clipper clone, 7 ply

437: 1400Hz, Previous model of 437S, when ordering from AliExpress may get one or the other, slower/less jumpy than Sanwei Fextra. Similar to Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition.

537: 1400Hz, Walnut top 7 ply, slightly harder touch than 437, good control. Note there is also a 537S which may or may not be slower than the 537.

E3: 1200Hz, 5-ply Limba top. Std. 5ply blade.

W6 (Loop King): 1284Hz, Aneigre top 5 ply, harder touch than E3

E3-VB: 1200Hz, supposedly more uniform/better control than E3 due to vacuum bake

With a DHS Hurricane 3 Neo, the blades feel a little slower than with e.g. the Nittaku FastArc G1.

I would probably go with the Xiom Offensive S as the Yinhe 5-ply blades I have are all slower. The issue with the Xiom is that it has a "flat" and "wide" flared handle so you need to hold one before buying to see whether you like it.

If you want to consider a 7-ply, the 437 is softer touch (limba) and the 537 is harder touch (walnut). So one of these two.

Also, the Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition for me was too fast, I would go with the Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro (non-black). Its flared handle is really thick (had to sand it down).

Last edited:
Reactions: ttarc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I play with the Offensive S (and played before with Sweden Extra) and the throw angle is low. The Xiom is very thick, rather fast and it feels more like playing with a brick.
The Sweden Extra is very thin, soft and not really suitable for Chinese rubbers. It lacks power especially away from the table and lacks rigidity.

Recently I tested an H3 on a Stiga Rosewood NCT V then on a DHS Hurricane Long 5... the throw angle is much higher, the curve of the ball much safer and I put much more spin. Not having the level for the DHS, I will therefore head for the Rosewood. These two blade are very flexible, soft but with a stiff outer ply for the Rosewood and a stiff carbon layer for the HL5. Super loop + Speed. I understand why they are so popular in China.

I hope that can help you.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
I play with the Offensive S (and played before with Sweden Extra) and the throw angle is low. The Xiom is very thick, rather fast and it feels more like playing with a brick.
The Sweden Extra is very thin, soft and not really suitable for Chinese rubbers. It lacks power especially away from the table and lacks rigidity.

This lack of rigidity (flex) helps to get spin on and therefore control over the ball and helps a bit far from the table (there are thicker ~6mm Extras and Extra 3Ds with over 90g out there...). Control over the ball wins you points (at least more often) than sheer power. Of course if you are usually playing far from the table this can get exhausting with such an ALL+/OFF- blade but if not it is still a very capable blade.
But I haven't played with unboosted H3s for a while ;)

Btw Ma Lin played with a Gatien Extra (= Sweden Extra) before he switched to the stiffer and faster YEO.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?17003-Which-blade-used-MA-Lin

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
This lack of rigidity (flex) helps to get spin on and therefore control over the ball and helps a bit far from the table (there are thicker ~6mm Extras and Extra 3Ds with over 90g out there...). Control over the ball wins you points (at least more often) than sheer power. Of course if you are usually playing far from the table this can get exhausting with such an ALL+/OFF- blade but if not it is still a very capable blade.
But I haven't played with unboosted H3s for a while ;)

Btw Ma Lin played with a Gatien Extra (= Sweden Extra) before he switched to the stiffer and faster YEO.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?17003-Which-blade-used-MA-Lin

The plastic ball was not yet present. But let's admit that the power is not a problem, it is especially the dwell time that I found a little short on the Sweden Extra. But it's still one of the best blades I've tested and the one I've kept the longest.

If I mentioned the Rosewood in comparison it is because my club welcomes Chinese students every year and most play with Rosewood NCT V + H3 Neo + Rakza 7 or Tenergy. That's how I found out about the blades they use with the H3.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

The plastic ball was not yet present. But let's admit that the power is not a problem, it is especially the dwell time that I found a little short on the Sweden Extra. But it's still one of the best blades I've tested and the one I've kept the longest.

If I mentioned the Rosewood in comparison it is because my club welcomes Chinese students every year and most play with Rosewood NCT V + H3 Neo + Rakza 7 or Tenergy. That's how I found out about the blades they use with the H3.

That's interesting. According to SDC 1) and other sources the anigre outer ply used on the Sweden Extra is harder than limba but softer than the rosewood or walnut that is used on the RW NCT V or Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive. When comparing my SE and YEO than the YEO has definitely a lower throw and lower dwell time. Not much but noticeable. The construction of the RW5 is quite similar to the YEO (I've a thinner <6 mm one) so I would expect that the RW5 has an even lower throw and shorter dwell time.
Nonetheless the RW5 is a very good but also quite expensive blade.

1) https://www.sdcttblades.com/materials/veneers