Alternative to Gewo Hype XT Pro 50

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I've been looking for a backhand rubber for a while after I'd improved with top spinning and making my backhand loop consistent. Right now I'm using rhyzer pro 50 and it is way too hard after the boost ran out. Even with boost, it was a very hard rubber on backhand. I tried my old Gewo rubber and liked it, I also tried a boosted version of it on my friend's racket. I like the control but the speed is slow. I'm looking for a faster version of the Hype XT Pro 50, preferably a 48 degree kind of rubber so that I can penetrate the sponge a little easier on quick counter topspins.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews

Isn't the Hype XT Pro 50 a pretty quick rubber? If you're looking for a 48(ish)-degree rubber faster than that, then Evolution MX-P, Omega VII Pro or Tenergy 64 come to mind as the most obvious candidates.

Despite the 50 degrees of the Gewo rubber. On forehand, it's comparable in speed to my boosted H3 neo and on backhand it's like a harder rozena with a grippier topsheet. I have also tried MX-P, I hate it's durability. I'll take a look at Omega and T64.

This user has no status.
You could add Rasanter R48 to the mix.
That's what I use on my BH and I love it.

It is fast for sure and, said that, my BH loops are one of the key assets in my game 😅
Due to the Rasanter sponge tech (Energy Cell), the rubber feels "softer" than a typical 48 degree topsheet hence I love being able to punch with it, too, without much of a problem.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018

I'm looking for a backhand rubber for close-mid distance. I also checked O7 pro and the reviews say its slow and that T64 is for mid-long distance. The Gewo rubber I've used is a somewhat high throw rubber and the ball doesn't land too deep. I'm looking for something like that but lands deeper.

C'mon. Omega7Pro is anything but slow. Way faster than 05fx

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I wouldn't call O7pro slow either, but probably V15 extra is your best bet if you exclude MX-P. You can also look at the Gewo Nexxus series, should be very similar to the Rasanter series but for usually a better price.
Or there is the Donic Bluestorm Pro, it has 50deg sponge and it's fast and spinny.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I just tried Tenergy 05 and 64 on backhand with viscaria. Can you guys compare T64 or T05 to O7P/V15. I can't really try those rubbers without buying them and I would like to avoid that to save money.

Since I've been playing with both, I can say about T64 and O7P few things. Speed and spin wise they feel similar. Where do they differ is:
O7P has a tiny bit lower throw
O7P's sponge feels harder
O7P's topshit is softer

​​​briefly I prefer T64 on my FH(higher throw and more efficient chop from far) and O7P on the BH for its lower throw, punch and marvelous control.
I heard T05 and V15 are kind a similar, but I've never used V15

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
JOOLA Dynaryz AGR is a lot easier to use than Rhyzer Pro 50 (softer topsheet). Faster too. (I have used both rubbers a lot).

Currently I’m using Dynaryz ACC on backhand and loving the balance of speed and control. But, if you want more speed then use AGR.

I actually don't want to go any faster than the rhyzer pro 50 when the sponge is engaged. I'm looking for a softer rubber than 50 degrees because I can't create my own speed. If I play against someone with lower speed or spin then I often have an underpowered backhand. Also unfortunately in the Philippines the Dynaryz rubbers are as expensive as tenergy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews

C'mon. Omega7Pro is anything but slow. Way faster than 05fx

My country sells most xiom products except 07P, it has tour and china but no europe or pro. They do sell the V15 at a normal price, I just don't know anyone in my group that uses/used victas before (they all use butterfly, donic, xiom, joola or a variety of chinese rubbers).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

I actually don't want to go any faster than the rhyzer pro 50 when the sponge is engaged. I'm looking for a softer rubber than 50 degrees because I can't create my own speed. If I play against someone with lower speed or spin then I often have an underpowered backhand. Also unfortunately in the Philippines the Dynaryz rubbers are as expensive as tenergy.

There's really no limit to the fast rubbers you could use.

MXP, Victas 15 extra, Rasanter R48, Joola ACC, Bluestorm Z1, Hammond Z2.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
There's really no limit to the fast rubbers you could use.

MXP, Victas 15 extra, Rasanter R48, Joola ACC, Bluestorm Z1, Hammond Z2.

After you listed all those rubbers, I just realised how many rubbers our country doesn't have available locally (at normal price). We only have the MXP, V15 and Bluestorm, (Nittaku is a figment of my country's imagination).

Reactions: Choosikick