Anders Lind Super Fast Serve

This user has no status.
Why is he not using it more lol - it would be so effective if he could land it consistently, don't think it's that easy of a serve to receive despite some armchair commentators saying stuff like topspin long serves are easy to receive.

Reactions: mikeytt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Why is he not using it more lol - it would be so effective if he could land it consistently, don't think it's that easy of a serve to receive despite some armchair commentators saying stuff like topspin long serves are easy to receive.
Probably not that hard for pros though, and just a block back would be pretty fast and it's probably a bit hard to get into position to attack the return.

This user has no status.
Probably not that hard for pros though, and just a block back would be pretty fast and it's probably a bit hard to get into position to attack the return.
Nah, it's really difficult - this serve is not only fast but also spinny af like a powerloop - controlling the ball would be an issue - plus you have no idea where he is going to serve it. Furthermore, from the same serve posture he could easily serve a short tomahawk sideunder/sidetop serve. Just these 2 variations would drive a lot of players insane.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
These serves are amazing and seem to defy physics, but they don't.
A question I have is how long is the time between bounces?
If you just bounced a ball so it barely went over the net, how long would be the time between bounces?
Years ago, I got the video of the Sakai fastest serve ever at 240 fps. The time between bounces was about 0.25 sec if I remember right. I counted frames.

The spin and speed must be high.

This serve takes a lot of practice to hit the ball on the top while it is falling.