Andro NUZN50 as faster alternative of Fastarc G-1?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Feb 2019
1,369
434
2,241
Thanks for answer.

1.- Thinner Fastarc G-1 is very bad for spinny services but can be better to block & smash, the problem is that I don't want to loose mine spinny services because is an important part of my game.

2.- Sponge LP is very good for classical defenders but not so good for close to the table chop-block players like me.

3.- Tried softer rubbers but don't like the feeling, yes tried Glayzer also & don't like it. I haven't problems attacking with Fastarc G-1 2.0 close to the table only I need a little bit more of power and be perfect for me.

Tried Rakza & Vega China but don't liked.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tyce
says Fighting the EJ bug again...
says Fighting the EJ bug again...
Member
Mar 2025
439
659
2,850
Read 1 reviews
DHS Gold Arc 8 is very similar to G-1. I don't feel like the 47.5d version is any more powerful, but the 50d might, as an alternative option if the hybrid nature of NUZN doesn't work for you. But if you didn't like Glayzer, either...we're running out of linear, non-bouncy, and non-hard-Chinese rubbers to suggest. You're kind of hunting for a unicorn. G-1 is still popular for a reason; if they could make "exactly G-1, but just a little bit better" no one would buy G-1 anymore.
 
  • Like
Reactions: merlin el mago
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Feb 2019
1,369
434
2,241
Just arrived.
 

Attachments

  • NZUN50.jpeg
    NZUN50.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 31
This user has no status.
Did you boost the G1 the same amount?
It will be difficult for other people to make a comparison, as most people won't boost these rubbers that much, if at all.

For the record, when I used Nuzn 50, I found it better when I boosted with one thin layer of Falco Platinium, but I didn't get anything like the amount of dome as in your picture.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Feb 2019
1,369
434
2,241
Very good but I play a lot so duration is only 2-3 weeks maximum.

N.B. duration of booster not the rubber nor the sponge....you can boost more times but not as H3 because G-1 has a very durable sponge but not dense and firm like H3.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Lando
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2024
2,539
3,419
8,135
Read 7 reviews
Maybe the boosting has something to do with that... 3 weeks is pretty low for a rubber that's known for its durability. Even demanding players would be getting 3 months much rather than 3 weeks.
I understand you like this feeling, but is it really worth it if you have to get 17 sheets per year? It's not even a rubber that's meant to be boosted, and neither is NUZN. So perhaps you will be better off with softer and bouncier rubber when you don't add booster to make it even softer and bouncier.

I understand Tenergy 05 is bouncy in an unpredictable way, but I find T19 to be much more stable and I've read good suggestions about T80 also having better stability. In my hands, T05 is quite hard in the short game, but T19 is closer to G1 than to T05 in terms of control.
Just test it unboosted first.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Feb 2019
1,369
434
2,241
Thanks for advice, I didn't tried T19 but I tried also T80 & still bouncy with less spin than T05 so could be the reason you feel is more stable, the serves is a main weapon for my game so using less spinny rubbers isn't good for my game.

Isn't the same to play with a softer rubber than play with a harder rubber softened with booster because using booster you tension the topsheet and add spin, power & speed....
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2024
2,539
3,419
8,135
Read 7 reviews
Thing is, you can't have every characteristic at once. If you want maximum spin on service, Hurricane takes the cake. If you want good speed on a low speed blade, you'll need something tensor (or soft Hurricane). If you want something that activates easy over the table, tensors again. Chopping, maybe back to Chinese.
All hybrid rubbers are somewhere along the spectrum. With what you are trying to create by boosting G1 I'd rather think of going Donic C3 or J3, because you're softening up a rubber that's already not overly hard. Going NUZN 50 feels like the opposite direction.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Feb 2019
1,369
434
2,241
Yesterday tried the NUZN 50 with my new Victas Blockman, review:

-Short game is very good, easy control with a lot of backspin.
-Topspin is also very good, a lot of power, speed & spin not lacking control & easy to place the ball where you want.
-Counters are also first level & ball travels very very fast.
-Feeling is less hard than D09C & a lot of more easy to play, but still you feel is a hard rubber but not a brick.
-Definitely it's a premium rubber so first class rubber.
-It's sticky like D09C so you need to put the adhesive foil each time you finish the training or matches.
-Not as fast as Zyre03, more dwell time than D09C but keep in mind not the same dwell time as a soft sponge rubbers so be present NUZN 50 it's a hard rubber and have more speed than D09C surely because is less hard & ball penetrates more the sponge resulting in more speed & spin.
-Serves are also very good, you can do what you want: topspin, sidespin, backspin, shorts & longs placing the ball where you want a joy.
-About comparing spin vs D09C I feel more the ball with NUZN 50 (could be due to less about of amount not feel less spin. About comparing vs H3 Prov BS 39-40º boosted I feel less spin but can be due to the speed of NUZN 50 and is far easy to play with NZUN 50.
-Countering shines like Fastarc G-1 but have more speed & power so it's better NZU 50.
-Blocking passive or active without problems and easy to do & place the ball where you want.
-Feels like a new MX-P but sticky & a little less hard but feels hard than a Fastarc G-1 but being sticky you don't need to engage the sponge all the time so it's more easy to play.
-Isn't bouncy & is linear like Fastarc G-1.

Comparing vs Fastarc G-1:

-Short game both are safe but NUZN 50 imparts more spin (back, top & side), I see the ball rotates a lot more, similar like using Fastarc G-1 with speed glue, but Fastarc G-1 boosted don't reach the same amount of spin.
-Serves can be more long or more short with more topspin, backspin or sidespin, with Nuzn 50.
-Countering have more power & speed with Nuzn 50.
-I didn't tried smash but I guess better with Nuzn 50.
-Passive block is good and easy with both rubbers.
-Active block is better with Nuzn 50: more faster.
-Topspin with NUZN 50: Fast It seems more power & slow it seems more spinny and easy to engage due to the nature of sticky rubber.
-Didn't expected and liked is the nature how linear it's NUZN 50, I liked a lot this feature of Fastarc G-1 but with Nuzn 50 don't loose.

For sure I will keep Nuzn 50.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jun 2025
289
302
857
Read 1 reviews
Yesterday tried the NUZN 50 with my new Victas Blockman, review:

-Short game is very good, easy control with a lot of backspin.
-Topspin is also very good, a lot of power, speed & spin not lacking control & easy to place the ball where you want.
-Counters are also first level & ball travels very very fast.
-Feeling is less hard than D09C & a lot of more easy to play, but still you feel is a hard rubber but not a brick.
-Definitely it's a premium rubber so first class rubber.
-It's sticky like D09C so you need to put the adhesive foil each time you finish the training or matches.
-Not as fast as Zyre03, more dwell time than D09C but keep in mind not the same dwell time as a soft sponge rubbers so be present NUZN 50 it's a hard rubber and have more speed than D09C surely because is less hard & ball penetrates more the sponge resulting in more speed & spin.
-Serves are also very good, you can do what you want: topspin, sidespin, backspin, shorts & longs placing the ball where you want a joy.
-About comparing spin vs D09C I feel more the ball with NUZN 50 (could be due to less about of amount not feel less spin. About comparing vs H3 Prov BS 39-40º boosted I feel less spin but can be due to the speed of NUZN 50 and is far easy to play with NZUN 50.
-Countering shines like Fastarc G-1 but have more speed & power so it's better NZU 50.
-Blocking passive or active without problems and easy to do & place the ball where you want.
-Feels like a new MX-P but sticky & a little less hard but feels hard than a Fastarc G-1 but being sticky you don't need to engage the sponge all the time so it's more easy to play.
-Isn't bouncy & is linear like Fastarc G-1.

Comparing vs Fastarc G-1:

-Short game both are safe but NUZN 50 imparts more spin (back, top & side), I see the ball rotates a lot more, similar like using Fastarc G-1 with speed glue, but Fastarc G-1 boosted don't reach the same amount of spin.
-Serves can be more long or more short with more topspin, backspin or sidespin, with Nuzn 50.
-Countering have more power & speed with Nuzn 50.
-I didn't tried smash but I guess better with Nuzn 50.
-Passive block is good and easy with both rubbers.
-Active block is better with Nuzn 50: more faster.
-Topspin with NUZN 50: Fast It seems more power & slow it seems more spinny and easy to engage due to the nature of sticky rubber.
-Didn't expected and liked is the nature how linear it's NUZN 50, I liked a lot this feature of Fastarc G-1 but with Nuzn 50 don't loose.

For sure I will keep Nuzn 50.
Thanks for the review. How is the service receive? When returning slow spiny service, is the brushing is effective as with H3 or just soft hand is enough, like with G1?
 
Top