Anybody like the Stiga Emerald VPS blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
My friend is kinda beginner and has this Stiga Emerald VPS blade that I'm not familiar with. The blade is never used at all, and it seems a bit of a shame to let it just sit in the bag. It looked really nice in its wood construction so I asked to borrow it and test out my own rubbers on it.

Anybody else have experience with this blade? What do you like about it? What are its strengths and weakness?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well I tested some of my rubbers on this blade, but I really can't say that I like it.

1) This blade is sooo heavy. It's really hard to swing

2) The handle is smooth and becomes slippery. It's really hard to grip the handle firmly in your hand.

3) Without the carbon, it feels really slow to me. When I loop, it just doesn't have the catapult that I'm use to with carbon blades, especially inner carbon blades.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I thought this blade was extremely heavy so I went to go weight it.

I found that it weighs a whopping 100g!
Great weight to stick a thin sponge short pip/Anti or ox long pip on imo. I have 1.6 spectol and some ox pips, my regular setup with double inverted is around 190g+ so whenever I bring out my junk bats it messes with my swing a little bit because of the weight difference

Reactions: thomas.pong