Are Lebrun brothers just developing a permanent reputation for bad sportsmanship?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
But none of them empty their lungs Harimoto style.

Its funny that people get so defensive with Harimoto, like years ago this screaming was an excuse "He's young under pressure etc etc". He aint so young anymore so now its just "Its not against the rules".

Its not like I am even saying he should stop or people should not watch him for that, no, just saying if you think a sarcastic remark about breaking the rules is more annyoing that a guy screaming his lungs out then you should probably get your head out of your ass cause you cant hear that well in there.
As I said, I agree to the degree that he screams, that it's too much for my taste. But is isn't strange that people are more annoyed by overall arrogant behaviour than someone who clearly displays no arrogant behaviour. I don't think it's about one single gesture.

Anyway, as I mentioned, I enjoy any of these players antics. It's entertaining to watch and brings out more discussion.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
For entertainment value: Pro TT players should have a pre-fight session where they are allowed to thrash talk / game face opponents like those UFC / WWE events.

I am all for scantily clad bikini ring side girls as well... woo hoo. Ticket sales! Ticket sales! Ka-ching! Ka-ching!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2021
What FZD did is probably against the rules but probably unintentionally from my years of watching him play. He probably thought he hit a winner and "Chooed" too early before/during or just after Alexis contacted the ball (subjective)

Take note of ITTF rules.

Rule 2.09 states - The rally shall be a let if the conditions of play are disturbed in a way which could affect the outcome of the rally. So if a player accidentally calls out or shouts during a rally, the umpire should call a let immediately and replay the point.

Key word is during a rally. Again many players grunt while hitting the ball. which probably is ok as it does not directly distract your opponent. But if you grant while or just before your opponent is about to hit the ball, it could be contrite that you tried to distract your opponent then this rule could take into effect. But again its really up to the empire. but you could make your "displeasure known" so that your opponent is more likely to not do it again intentionally or otherwise.

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
The point should have been a let. The umpire had no backbone and was there just as decoration. You can tell by her reaction or more accurately non-reaction.

Chos after winning every point was definitely not the norm and you can thank the Chinese National team for encouraging it in their players as a means to gain psychological advantage over their opponents. The practice became normalized and has spread like the plague as even little kids (especially the kids) are learning this behaviour.

The point should have been a let. The umpire had no backbone and was there just as decoration. You can tell by her reaction or more accurately non-reaction.

Chos after winning every point was definitely not the norm and you can thank the Chinese National team for encouraging it in their players as a means to gain psychological advantage over their opponents. The practice became normalized and has spread like the plague as even little kids (especially the kids) are learning this behaviour.
I think there's any easy answer to this and you should ban any calling out by players or coaches!!!! Take points off for any breach of the rules!!!! Silence is golden!!!! Ban all this shouting out after or during points!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
For entertainment value: Pro TT players should have a pre-fight session where they are allowed to thrash talk / game face opponents like those UFC / WWE events.

I am all for scantily clad bikini ring side girls as well... woo hoo. Ticket sales! Ticket sales! Ka-ching! Ka-ching!
You're going to need topless Chippendales too. Have you seen the crowds at the tournaments? It's like 60% teenage girls...

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
You're going to need topless Chippendales too. Have you seen the crowds at the tournaments? It's like 60% teenage girls...
For god's sake, those are teens. No chipendale or whatchamacalit, just give them posters of BTS ( most famous Korean boy band of this century )!will do.