Average to Pro Table Tennis Serve in 7 Days!

Dan

says TTD Forum Meet Up was a blast!

Dan

says TTD Forum Meet Up was a blast!
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Administrator
Aug 2010
7,141
5,301
17,616
Read 76 reviews
Can you go from average to pro level serve in just 7 days? 🤯🏓

In this video, I put it to the test. I track my serve from Day 1 all the way to Day 7, measuring the spin and comparing it directly to a pro.

We’re not just guessing either… we’re measuring everything 👀


Who's tried Spinsight yet?
 
says Fair Play First
says Fair Play First
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Jan 2012
2,193
733
3,077
NO MORE HIDDEN SERVICE. BETTER LATE THAN NEVER.
New service rule gets underway before long. Get ready, my dear.
Just an additional provision to the rule 2.6.4 to stop players from performing the hidden toss action.
 
Last edited:
says Hitting Mach Speeds
says Hitting Mach Speeds
Member
Oct 2022
311
226
1,141
Made a few serves with around 45-50 rps iirc, pretty alright despite having 6 month old rubbers that dont even fit, a new blade I barely tried and knee issues on top.
I felt those balls slip a lot, probalby the usual dusty thingy when new.
(Once those excuses are gone it will most likely be 55rps😂)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tyce
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jun 2025
130
131
455
I recently wanted to practice pendulum fast serves. I noticed that, if I do things correctly, I only need like 20% to 30% of my strength to make a super fast serve. I am surprised how little effort it needs, it really is mostly about skill.

So I wonder for spin, does the same principal applies? That you actually don't need to put much power to generate a lot of spin? it's more about skills and timing. How much percentage of your strength/power do you use in your serves?
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Apr 2025
33
18
116
I recently wanted to practice pendulum fast serves. I noticed that, if I do things correctly, I only need like 20% to 30% of my strength to make a super fast serve. I am surprised how little effort it needs, it really is mostly about skill.

So I wonder for spin, does the same principal applies? That you actually don't need to put much power to generate a lot of spin? it's more about skills and timing. How much percentage of your strength/power do you use in your serves?
When it comes to spin, the most important things to focus on are acceleration, correct contact timing, and racket angle. You don’t need to use much force if you accelerate at the right moment.
 
Top