This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
My chopping setup is:
Blade - Victas Matsushita OFF
FH - Provincial H3 40
BH - Curl P1 0.5mm

P1 is amazing in chopping topspin. My twiddle is not fast enough. I chop backspin with P1. That means I return no/top spin which gives my opponent an opportunity to kill.

I saw Han Ying chopping with short pip which can return a backspin with backspin. Then I think, if I have SP on BH, I don't need to twiddle.

Does anyone know a SP that is easy to chop backspin and topspin?

This user has no status.
Super spinpips.
besides that any spectol version is decent.

Right now i have a training setups for our youngsters who have issues with pips.
Koji matsushita (old version)
Super spinpips bh (1,5)
Victas v>15 extra
The only slight issue i have is hitting serves propperly. I tend to give them back slightly too high. But everything that goes over the table can be brought back on a really low level with ease.

Reactions: brokenball

azv

This user has no status.

azv

This user has no status.
Jun 2017
You can also try P4 0.5 (or feint long 3 or stiga vertical 20)
They are grippy enough where you can push backspin like inverted and return a (light) backspin ball back.

SP is fun and can work but chopping is way more demanding than lp in hard balls (fast, spinny, out of position, etc)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
I use super spinpips chop 2, 1.5mm
Less than that thickness hasn't worked for me as the sponge doesn't do its job.
If you mainly play chop I recommend long spikes, if you want a rubber that allows
you to attack and control the game when you see fit, this may be your rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have never played pips but just based on theory isn't pips that chop well against flat hits/backspin and pips that chop well against heavy topspin mutually exclusive?

I would assume against no spin or backspin more grippy pips would be better while against heavy loops you would want a more "slippy" rubber that maintains the spin, wouldn't you? Or am I off base here?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Super spinpips.
besides that any spectol version is decent.

Right now i have a training setups for our youngsters who have issues with pips.
Koji matsushita (old version)
Super spinpips bh (1,5)
Victas v>15 extra
The only slight issue i have is hitting serves propperly. I tend to give them back slightly too high. But everything that goes over the table can be brought back on a really low level with ease.
Compared to LP, how easy is it to chop incoming topspin with spinpip?