BBC, Levi or OSP

says Aging is a killer
Custom blades can develop to be hard on the wallet

I have owned 1xBBC and 3xOSP blades.
Craftmanship is the very highest for both and surprisingly not expensive relatively. Plus you can get your blade custom built to your preference.
But be careful as there's a danger with custom built blades. There are not many players who really know the finer details of what they 'want'? But they go custom and end up not quite satisfied. So they order another then another and so on until they end up with 5 blades that are all subtly different. Then they start over with a different custom blade maker.

Last edited:
I used to own OSP Virtuoso OFF- and OSP Expert. IMHO, you'd be hard pressed to find better craftmanship anywhere. If you're a spin-based attacker, you'll have all the gears you need (and more).

Thank you for the feedback.

I have owned 1xBBC and 3xOSP blades.
Craftmanship is the very highest for both and surprisingly not expensive relatively. Plus you can get your blade custom built to your preference.
But be careful as there's a danger with custom built blades. There are not many players who really know the finer details of what they 'want'? But they go custom and end up not quite satisfied. So they order another then another and so on until they end up with 5 blades that are all subtly different. Then they start over with a different custom blade maker.

Fully agreed on the second part.

OSP is not expensive? I thought OSP is slightly on the higher side for custom blade.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
For a handmade blade built to order, 90-100 € is not really that expensive in my book. Especially when you start seeing mass produced blades for $200.00-$400.00. A handmade blade for 1/2-1/4 the price that is at least as good???

The Virtuoso Plus that I use as my main blade is pretty much the perfect blade for me. Not too fast but not slow. Great feel. With MX-P the feeling is not nearly as good as it was with Victas or Tenergy. But it still feels great with MX-P.

For me, I am happy with my blade and I will stick with it. My Virtuoso Plus is also the strongest, most durable blade I've ever seen. I have slammed it into the edge of the table and done things that would have left pretty bad gauges in any other blade I've used. And I don't know how, but there are really no notable dings on the edges.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
For a handmade blade built to order, 90-100 € is not really that expensive in my book. Especially when you start seeing mass produced blades for $200.00-$400.00. A handmade blade for 1/2-1/4 the price that is at least as good???

The Virtuoso Plus that I use as my main blade is pretty much the perfect blade for me. Not too fast but not slow. Great feel. With MX-P the feeling is not nearly as good as it was with Victas or Tenergy. But it still feels great with MX-P.

For me, I am happy with my blade and I will stick with it. My Virtuoso Plus is also the strongest, most durable blade I've ever seen. I have slammed it into the edge of the table and done things that would have left pretty bad gauges in any other blade I've used. And I don't know how, but there are really no notable dings on the edges.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

I agreed that 90-100€ is not really that expensive for a build to order handmade blade but custom blade by OSP is quite expensive.

I also saw your review on Virtuoso+ previously.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I agreed that 90-100€ is not really that expensive for a build to order handmade blade but custom blade by OSP is quite expensive.

I also saw your review on Virtuoso+ previously.

I actually feel like OSP is better at making the blades that are on their list. The blade I have from them that is entirely custom, should have been better than it was and was not as good as the V-, V+ or the V'King. I felt another custom blade from them that was owned by a friend and thought the same thing.

Hi

try Soulspin.tt they also have basalt blade and you can order testbox.

I also saw some people mention about Soulspin but what is the testbox?

I actually feel like OSP is better at making the blades that are on their list. The blade I have from them that is entirely custom, should have been better than it was and was not as good as the V-, V+ or the V'King. I felt another custom blade from them that was owned by a friend and thought the same thing.

Do you mean that OSP V-, V+ or V'King is actually better than your OSP custom blade? Could it be the custom blade is still quite "new" which require some time to age to perform better?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Do you mean that OSP V-, V+ or V'King is actually better than your OSP custom blade? Could it be the custom blade is still quite "new" which require some time to age to perform better?

Nope, my OSP custom blade, I played with it long enough to know it is nowhere close to as good as any of the other three blades. The OSP custom blade that a friend had that I tried, it was months old already when I tried it.

The blades that OSP specialize in making, like the Virtuoso Plus, or the Virtuoso Off- felt leagues better than the blades where someone said, "I want a blade with these specific plies," that were different from the ones in OSP's standard blades.

OSP know how to make great blades. But the ones on their list are way better than someone who plays could come up with for OSP to make.

If you buy OSP, I recommend you buy what they specialize in. And not try and think you could come up with a better formula than they already have.

What TinyKin wrote here:

Is hugely valuable. Read it. Read it again. Read it again. Hit the Like button. Pound the like button. If you understand what he wrote, he is really giving you
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]valuable information. :)[/FONT]

Last edited:
Nope, my OSP custom blade, I played with it long enough to know it is nowhere close to as good as any of the other three blades. The OSP custom blade that a friend had that I tried, it was months old already when I tried it.

The blades that OSP specialize in making, like the Virtuoso Plus, or the Virtuoso Off- felt leagues better than the blades where someone said, "I want a blade with these specific plies," that were different from the ones in OSP's standard blades.

OSP know how to make great blades. But the ones on their list are way better than someone who plays could come up with for OSP to make.

If you buy OSP, I recommend you buy what they specialize in. And not try and think you could come up with a better formula than they already have.

What TinyKin wrote here:

Is hugely valuable. Read it. Read it again. Read it again. Hit the Like button. Pound the like button. If you understand what he wrote, he is really giving you
valuable information. :)

Thanks for the valuable feedback and it was indeed a great reminder by Tinykin.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Another thumb up for OSP.

Haven't gotten the opportunity to try both BBC and Levi, have three OSP blades (musko, ultimate, expert), but so far only had the chance to try and play with the Ultimate for the last couple of weeks or so. All three blades are very good in terms of finish and products. The Ultimate is a very good blade, from the first time playing with it I know it's a keeper!

Too bad you couldn't make it when I visited Singapore last week, otherwise you get to try it yourself.

Another thumb up for OSP.

Haven't gotten the opportunity to try both BBC and Levi, have three OSP blades (musko, ultimate, expert), but so far only had the chance to try and play with the Ultimate for the last couple of weeks or so. All three blades are very good in terms of finish and products. The Ultimate is a very good blade, from the first time playing with it I know it's a keeper!

Too bad you couldn't make it when I visited Singapore last week, otherwise you get to try it yourself.

Is your OSP Ultimate an all wood or carbon blade?