best Gambler rubber for offensive, looping players?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Resurrecting an old thread just because I did try their rubbers recently. They are cheap. And I don't feel that any of them is tensor like. I am comparing them to H3 Neo, Rakza X, Razka 7, Razka 7 soft, Tenegery 05 fx, Tenergy 64 fx, G-1, and C-1. Honestly they feel like Sriver and Mark V in terms of speed. Very very good for the price. I cannot believe they are still selling Mark V and Sriver in the $33-$34 range. They really should come down to the $20 or lightly below that range. After all you can get Rozena and Rakza 7 in the $40-$45 range.

Don't believe the hype about their "Oh-Toro" premium selected sponge and stuff like that. Trust me. It is all advertising.

However at $15 to $18 a sheet, if you got for max sponge or 2.0 mm, they are very very good for beginners and intermediate players. I can see how people can develop their strokes over a year or two. I have bought too many wood and carbon blades trying to find the right blade for myself. So would I mind putting some of these Gambler rubbers on those blades and have fun with them at the club? Yes absolutely. If a 1500 level or 1800 level player asks me what is the best Gambler rubber for offensive, looping players? I am going to have to say, honestly, none.

As for their blades, I am testing them out right now. They seem to be pretty good quality. After all, slap a couple carbon layers on top of some decent wood, any blade could come out good. I do not personally care about the blade's finish. I just care if I like the feel. I am in the process of slapping some old H3 Neo, Razka X and Nittaku G-1 onto these Gambler carbon blades. So far so good. For $40 a blade, the performance is not bad at all. I need to play with them more to give a more serious opinion. I have not played a lot of doubles lately (in doubles is when I fool around with different set-up's) so once I play with them more, I will have more to report.

On a side note, I am coaching/playing with my kids on multi-ball practice at home. I am using an old Gambler ALC carbon blade with Mark V rubbers on it. When I feed my kids the ball, the speed and the touch are there. I have no complaints. I suspect Gambler's blades are more in tune with people's expectation than their rubbers are.