Black Tag Primorac Off- suggestions?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hey folks! im returning to the sport since a very long time, couple months ago started for a week or something, before club was going for summer break, i was already asking for advice to replace my old rubbers, they didnt saw a lot of play but as chinese rubbers they already started to unglue from the sponge.

Welp, long story short i was looking to sell my old Primorac and buy something newer along with the rubbers when i came to realize these Black Tag Butterfly were selling for more than i imagined at first.

This one actually had 1 pair of rubbers attached in their entire life, and they came out very easily just remove the glue rubbing with my fingers.
As im no collector and this blade is in a very good condition, what you guys suggest? i know nothing about prices for this particular model and condition, if you guys can help me i will very much appreciate it!

Attachments

• PXL_20230220_162245669.jpg
    PXL_20230220_162245669.jpg
    977 KB · Views: 350
  • PXL_20230220_162124504.jpg
    PXL_20230220_162124504.jpg
    886.1 KB · Views: 164
  • PXL_20230220_162137744.jpg
    PXL_20230220_162137744.jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 138
  • PXL_20230220_162215336.jpg
    PXL_20230220_162215336.jpg
    864.8 KB · Views: 142
  • PXL_20230220_162319832.jpg
    PXL_20230220_162319832.jpg
    964.7 KB · Views: 121
  • PXL_20230220_162337941.jpg
    PXL_20230220_162337941.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 117
  • PXL_20230220_162830999.jpg
    PXL_20230220_162830999.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Love
Reactions: thomas.pong
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
They don't make much that is as good as that blade the way they made it when Butterfly black tag blades were being made.

I would keep it, use it, and enjoy that it is a great blade that could be the only blade you'll ever need.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
They don't make much that is as good as that blade the way they made it when Butterfly black tag blades were being made.

I would keep it, use it, and enjoy that it is a great blade that could be the only blade you'll ever need.
Thanks for the input!
i was actually looking to sell it before knowing black tag was a thing, now from logic im even more inclined to sell it as i need rubbers and someone could give it some collection value to it, which im not.
Could definetely benefit more from a couple of good rubbers as my budget was not great in first place

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Some prices from a German forum:
2019 offered for 160€ https://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?p=3029416
In 2012 one could get one for 75€ https://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?t=135188
One on ebay.de 249.90€... https://www.ebay.de/itm/165944017458 funnily the original price is written on that blade: 59,90 DM around 30€ today... and one https://www.ebay.com/itm/165009603901 for sale for 300€. "Brand new" with a lot of dents and some filler on the handle.
Might take a long time to find the right buyer willing to pay that much...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Some prices from a German forum:
2019 offered for 160€ https://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?p=3029416
In 2012 one could get one for 75€ https://forum.tt-news.de/showthread.php?t=135188
One on ebay.de 249.90€... https://www.ebay.de/itm/165944017458 funnily the original price is written on that blade: 59,90 DM around 30€ today... and one https://www.ebay.com/itm/165009603901 for sale for 300€. "Brand new" with a lot of dents and some filler on the handle.
Might take a long time to find the right buyer willing to pay that much...
Thanks a lot for your experience!
That one selling for 300 Euro is not new has actually many dents, mine has 1 dent only. I was thinking of 200 USD instead of Euros i think i was kind of right with my guess, could probably be a good price to sell it.

Once again thanks a lot for your precious knowledge!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I would keep that immortal blade! I have the more recent version of it, but it's european version not the japanese one. Your is a totally different product, it has an amazing touch. I would never sell such a gem.
I really would love to! but i dont have a great budget to buy rubbers, i feel like i could benefit way more if i can affor a good pair of rubbers and a decent blade instead of a gem, not gonna lie i would love to keep it tbh.

This user has no status.
I really would love to! but i dont have a great budget to buy rubbers, i feel like i could benefit way more if i can affor a good pair of rubbers and a decent blade instead of a gem, not gonna lie i would love to keep it tbh.
I see what you mean. Perhaps you can consider some cheap but widely appreciated chinese rubbers. There are good ones around $15-$20 that might shine on such a blade. However it's more of a personal choice and taste, I respect that.

Reactions: Krakatomia
ngl i would say keep it and just enjoy it, would be nice for the collection when you retire it

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What you are thinking about is selling it to get the money and the idea that you could use the money to get other things. That is fine. As long as you understand, if you are trying to sell it for a premium price, you could be waiting for a few years for someone to buy it at that price. By the time you sell it, you may not have the same kinds of restrictions on buying rubbers. And if it sells quickly, it is very probable you could have gotten more money for it. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
What you are thinking about is selling it to get the money and the idea that you could use the money to get other things. That is fine. As long as you understand, if you are trying to sell it for a premium price, you could be waiting for a few years for someone to buy it at that price. By the time you sell it, you may not have the same kinds of restrictions on buying rubbers. And if it sells quickly, it is very probable you could have gotten more money for it. :)
Yes I'm not thinking of selling for a premium price, and also won't bother to think I could have get 10x more later, just want to afford something nicer and practical that I could use right now, thanks for your great input!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yes I'm not thinking of selling for a premium price, and also won't bother to think I could have get 10x more later, just want to afford something nicer and practical that I could use right now, thanks for your great input!
There is nothing nicer.....practical.....maybe, but not really. A blade can last for ever. If you train regularly rubbers last for 3 months at most.

Can I ask your age and whether it is possible that in 5 years from now you might be earning enough money to not have to think about these kinds of money considerations for buying TT equipment?

If money is really tight right now, read some of the threads about inexpensive Chinese rubbers that are still very good.

There are rubbers that cost between 10-20$ from China that are really excellent that you could use till you have money for fancier things. But you never really will need anything fancier being honest. The inexpensive Chinese rubbers often last 5-10x longer than the fancier, more expensive Euro/Japanese rubbers.

The top end performance of those higher priced rubbers is better. But most amateurs (players below a semi-pro level) can't really get most of the extra performance from them because their technique is not good enough. But those Chinese rubbers would be excellent for developing your skills.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I do think you are looking at the situation in a shortsighted way. If you really don't want the blade, set a price that will give you the value of the blade, don't worry if it takes a few years to sell it, and get inexpensive rubbers that are still good that you can use.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
There is nothing nicer.....practical.....maybe, but not really. A blade can last for ever. If you train regularly rubbers last for 3 months at most.

Can I ask your age and whether it is possible that in 5 years from now you might be earning enough money to not have to think about these kinds of money considerations for buying TT equipment?

If money is really tight right now, read some of the threads about inexpensive Chinese rubbers that are still very good.

There are rubbers that cost between 10-20$ from China that are really excellent that you could use till you have money for fancier things. But you never really will need anything fancier being honest. The inexpensive Chinese rubbers often last 5-10x longer than the fancier, more expensive Euro/Japanese rubbers.

The top end performance of those higher priced rubbers is better. But most amateurs (players below a semi-pro level) can't really get most of the extra performance from them because their technique is not good enough. But those Chinese rubbers would be excellent for developing your skills.
That's definetely something i was thinking about buying rubbers, i already played with Chinese rubbers before and wanted to try some euro rubbers, not the Fancier ones because i dont have the skill to play advanced rubbers but some of the most solid and durable ones, the ones i could never play with when i was young.
Im actually 42 right now so was looking to play with something solid and fun but i get that some of the top rubbers must be changed frequently, and about money family is my priority right now and here in south america things are hard so, my budget for hobbies are almost non existent.

I Remember some friends played with Mark V , Calibra, Sriver for years without replacing them, but would defintely look for good new chinese rubbers also, thanks for sharing your experience!