Blade Advise needed

This user has no status.
Hey everyone
Today I asked my coach about his advise for my new FH rubber
Although I was really convinced that T05 would be a perfect choice but he said that Adidas Tenzone ultra might be better
Price isn't that important for me right now but as I can buy a tenzone around 50$ (nearly 30$) cheaper than T05 if they aren't that different maybe I would go for tenzone
What do you suggest? I'm pretty confused

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Hey everyone
Today I asked my coach about his advise for my new FH rubber
Although I was really convinced that T05 would be a perfect choice but he said that Adidas Tenzone ultra might be better
Price isn't that important for me right now but as I can buy a tenzone around 50$ (nearly 30$) cheaper than T05 if they aren't that different maybe I would go for tenzone
What do you suggest? I'm pretty confused

keep in mind that if you like the tenzone you may not be able to buy more of it since addidas has pulled out of table tennis. and all that's left of addidas products is just stock.

Reactions: artemis
This user has no status.
keep in mind that if you like the tenzone you may not be able to buy more of it since addidas has pulled out of table tennis. and all that's left of addidas products is just stock.
Of course you're right but for now I know couple places that I'm sure they have like 5-6 tenzones left so that's really doesn't matter for now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2015
Of course you're right but for now I know couple places that I'm sure they have like 5-6 tenzones left so that's really doesn't matter for now
If you are going down the adidas route, p7 is (IMO) their best rubber. A tensor with a medium-hard sponge but insane spin on loops

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Inkognito
This user has no status.
what is it about T05 that your coach doesnt like? i find it strange that he suggests a rubber that you wont be able to keep buying in the future
You're right, there's no problem with T05, he said so too
I might not be able to buy any Adidas products in a year, but for now I can even buy 2,3 tenzones and keep them for the upcoming months
He suggested tenzone because it's quite similar to my current bluefire but with higher spin and it's cheaper
Question is that is T05 that better than this tenzone that worths paying 30$ more?
And this p7 that @josephluck suggested seems like a pretty good rubber, but I'm afraid that it might be too soft

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
sorry, i saw you say price isn't an issue so i was just saying to stick with it. if you're looking for something 30$ cheaper and you want an addidas product p7 is closer to the tenergy. i personally didn't like tenzone. it reacted normally with the ball but it just had a strange feeling. evolution rubbers would be the closest thing to tenergy

This user has no status.
sorry, i saw you say price isn't an issue so i was just saying to stick with it. if you're looking for something 30$ cheaper and you want an addidas product p7 is closer to the tenergy. i personally didn't like tenzone. it reacted normally with the ball but it just had a strange feeling. evolution rubbers would be the closest thing to tenergy
Maybe I didn't say it quite right
I surely can afford Tenergy 30$ isn't that much if it's really better, but you know if you can buy the same rubber and pay 50$ instead of 80$ I don't see any reason not to buy it!!
Tibhar evolution you said which one? Mx-p?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
mx-p or el-p are both equal to tenergy in terms of spin and speed. mx-p feels a bit harder and faster while el-p feels a bit softer and slower. spin is equal on them. here's the thing. just because other rubbers may have similar spin and speed, hardness/softness etc. doesn't mean they will play like tenergy. every rubber even if they have equal speed will play differently and take time to adjust to.

fx-p is closer to bluefire
mx-s feels like an in between of a chinese rubber and a euro rubber. maybe a little closer to the chinese rubber side where you can get massive amounts of spin but only if you're in position. if you're not in good position to execute your stroke with mx-s it will punish you since it lacks the bounce of most euro rubbers.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
mx-p or el-p are both equal to tenergy in terms of spin and speed. mx-p feels a bit harder and faster while el-p feels a bit softer and slower. spin is equal on them. here's the thing. just because other rubbers may have similar spin and speed, hardness/softness etc. doesn't mean they will play like tenergy. every rubber even if they have equal speed will play differently and take time to adjust to.

fx-p is closer to bluefire
mx-s feels like an in between of a chinese rubber and a euro rubber. maybe a little closer to the chinese rubber side where you can get massive amounts of spin but only if you're in position. if you're not in good position to execute your stroke with mx-s it will punish you since it lacks the bounce of most euro rubbers.
You're absolutely right, rubber isn't just about spin and speed, depends on many other things
I think that my coach didn't know that Adidas isn't going to make any tt products anymore I'll talk to him about that tomorrow
And Adidas probably won't be an option anymore
Are you sure about fx-p? I thought it's the softest, bluefire is really hard
But before posting this thread I red a couple reviews of mx-p and El-p maybe mx-p would be a better option
Mx-s isn't really an option at least for now! I don't have the footwork needed for a chineese rubber
And one last question, I train like 6hrs a week and one local tournament every Friday, how long do you think either T05 and evolution mx-p would last?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
You're absolutely right, rubber isn't just about spin and speed, depends on many other things
I think that my coach didn't know that Adidas isn't going to make any tt products anymore I'll talk to him about that tomorrow
And Adidas probably won't be an option anymore
Are you sure about fx-p? I thought it's the softest, bluefire is really hard
But before posting this thread I red a couple reviews of mx-p and El-p maybe mx-p would be a better option
Mx-s isn't really an option at least for now! I don't have the footwork needed for a chineese rubber
And one last question, I train like 6hrs a week and one local tournament every Friday, how long do you think either T05 and evolution mx-p would last?
sorry the bluefire i was comparing it to was m3. depending on how well you take care of the rubber. i change rubber every couple months. but most people are closer to 6 months

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I wouldn't go Tenzone series for spin in Adidas, P7 instead. I've already suggested Stigas Airoc series which can be found cheap (30€);) Other suggestions would be Cornilleau PRO-GT 47, Tibhar Evolution series, Maybe Yasaka Rising Dragon, Xiom Omega V series and Andro Rasant series etc.
Yup Stiga airoc seems interesting but no one sells it here in Iran!!!!! and shipping costs like 40$!!! what a shame
The same thing is about Cornilleau!!
Tibhar Evolution looks really good, so does the Xiom Omega and Andro Rasant
which one do you suggest??

Reactions: Inkognito
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
MX-P and Rasant Grip are made in the same plant. The kind of sponge is very similar but the hardness is different. They are similar in many ways. But they are both crazy spinny.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Reactions: Rajah* and artemis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
MX-P and Rasant Grip are made in the same plant. The kind of sponge is very similar but the hardness is different. They are similar in many ways. But they are both crazy spinny.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

is mx-p a porous sponge? maybe i'm mistaken but i thought they were very different from each other. grip is very porous

i feel like i'd remember if mx-p was porous, used that one for about a year