Blade Sealing

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Many people says that we should seal the blade to avoid destroying the blade while peeling the rubbers off. Some doesn't. What is your opinion guys? Do you seal your blade? Is blade sealing really necessary? And will blade sealing affect the performance of the racket?

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi, I recently tried sealing my blade Tibhar Marcos Frietas. I noticed that it is very easy to remove rubbers from the blade if the blade is sealed. I did not noticed any difference in performance though. Many people do comment that the blade becomes stiffer or harder. But I feel that if you do the sealing with very thin layer of the sealant then this problem should not arise.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 4 reviews
I have 2 identical blades. One is sealed, the other isn't. The sealed one is harder and it feels to me like I have less dwell time and therefor less control.

There could be other reasons why the blades feel different; for example, one is more then 10 years old, the other one is new.

Still, if I ever buy me a new blade, I won't be sealing it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
Some blades is sealed from manufacturing so its a preference if you seal it or not. Use a thin layer water based seal and it wont change the blade charatistics, or very sligtly.

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
When I sealed my blade, I couldn't glue the rubbers properly. I was getting air bubbles between sponge and blade, and didn't realize why. When I brushed my blade with sandpaper to remove sealing, I have never had any problem with gluing, but wood started to pill of.. Hard to find perfect alternative