Camera angles at WTT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Why are all the best angles in the Contender series and not at all for the bigger events? I would be much happier if they could have for eg the WTTC filmed from this low diagonal angle
Something to do with better advertising angle? Meaning coming from the side, they can place the sponsor's logos right on the floor, in front of the camera without obscuring the logos.

• Haha
Reactions: blahness
says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
They should just go back to the only angle that makes sense for sports like table tennis, tennis and badminton: straight behind and above one player.
TT is so fast and angles of shots are so important, that all other camera angles just exclude parts of the game.
Their new standard (side angle) is the worst of all as you can neither follow the quick game, nor can you see good angle shots. It’s only beaten by dynamic camera in a game which is so fast, that usual rallies take 5 seconds or less. Don’t know which amateurs WTT is hiring here, but they neither understand the sport, nor their job.

I’m really a table tennis enthusiast who used to watch a lot of TT games, but I stopped watching it completely since they started these crap angles.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The angle that they produced for the recent contender is just so, so pretty. Conspiracy theory is that they're reserving these videos to be sold to the highest private bidder for the major events.
There are many cameras in that hall
The youtube camera is the ones that people complain about.

The TV broadcast camera is different. the TV ones are way better quality in terms of lighting (youtube ones some times are very dark), and have better angle and have a lot more of them.

To be fair, and accurate, the complaint needs to be for youtube streaming camera, and not the other dozen cameras in there.
the WTT team obviously have access to all camera and can make the best video from all those cameras

For youtubers, they only have the youtube stream

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
The point is, that the straight back camera is the best for 95% of the time. You can have a closeup camera for both players too, but the others are nonsense for this sport. As well as dynamic cameras and too late cuts.
… and WTT doesn’t get it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The point is, that the straight back camera is the best for 95% of the time. You can have a closeup camera for both players too, but the others are nonsense for this sport. As well as dynamic cameras and too late cuts.
… and WTT doesn’t get it
maybe they do get it and sell the best angles to TV broadcasters?
I mean, how much money do you pay for youtube angles? versus what TV broadcasters pay?

WTT is a for profit business and they seem to be making a lot of money (at the expense over everything else, sadly)