Can dignics rubbers be boosted to expand them?

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
74 USD superior qualities of the rubber warranted by the pricetag. Don't fix if not broken. ⚠

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Only boost your old 09c, new one you don't really need to, 05, dont boost it, will very easy bubble. Don't have a chance to try 80,64
remembering this for the future lol. i just started with dignics 09c. i am enjoying it on my backhand so far. a lot more control than the ten19 i used for two years. what happens when you boost an old 09c? and how many layers do you need?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
remembering this for the future lol. i just started with dignics 09c. i am enjoying it on my backhand so far. a lot more control than the ten19 i used for two years. what happens when you boost an old 09c? and how many layers do you need?
1 very light layer of seamoon, that's what I did. But usually 09 will last very Long, I boosted it after I feel the sponge like brick.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
IMG_7169.jpeg

D05/80/64 are Already a perfect product straight from packaging.

IMG_7168.jpeg

Too much tinkering with botox, oops I meant to say boosting will result in unnatural outcome.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I boosted one sheet of Dignics 64, 1.9mm sponge. Nothing happened. I did not feel that it played any better or not.

In general, I find Butterfly products too catapulty for my game.

I boosted that sheet of Dignics 64 to soften it up for my backhand but no, it is still pretty hard. So I ripped it off and it is without a blade right now. I have put it in my ziplock bag to be used some time in the future.

So in conclusion, I tried boosting to soften up the sponge and it did not work. So I think the sponge did not expand or soften as I expected it to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I boosted one sheet of Dignics 64, 1.9mm sponge. Nothing happened. I did not feel that it played any better or not.

In general, I find Butterfly products too catapulty for my game.

I boosted that sheet of Dignics 64 to soften it up for my backhand but no, it is still pretty hard. So I ripped it off and it is without a blade right now. I have put it in my ziplock bag to be used some time in the future.

So in conclusion, I tried boosting to soften up the sponge and it did not work. So I think the sponge did not expand or soften as I expected it to.
Butterfly has one rubber that for me does not play without a booster - this is Spinart.

In fact, it's a matter of taste... I remember the times when the guys from the club before each training session still re-glued the Tenergy 05 that had just appeared on sale with quick glue and said that without glue it dont have a speed :ROFLMAO:

If you just want to soften the rubber, it is better to use vaseline oil.

Reactions: ben1229