Can you guys see Taiwan's flag on your phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Can you guys see the emoji of Taiwan's Flag on your phones?

So, this post is not about politics, since we know WTT report to a lot of Chinese people, Chinese sponsors and Chinese money and in sports Taiwan "must" use the Chinese Taipei sporting flag.

There is no emoji for Chinese Taipei, so WTT has never ever put a country flag for Taiwanese winners on social platforms.
Its a bit silly, as if I was working for WTT marketing, I would just do " (TPE) " behind the players name to keep some peace.

Never the less, this recent example below has triggered some discussion of users in Asia not able to find the Taiwanese flag on emoji, this includes Singaporean, Malaysian and Hong Kong users.
I would imagine if China can influence the disappearance of the Taiwan flag from emoji, then why doesn't it influence the creation of the Chinese Taipei flag....

Never the less, can you guys find Taiwan's flag on your phone? (ps. open emoji and search for it by typing Taiwan)

1715652943095.png

Reactions: Gtsnake
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Can you guys see the emoji of Taiwan's Flag on your phones?

So, this post is not about politics, since we know WTT report to a lot of Chinese people, Chinese sponsors and Chinese money and in sports Taiwan "must" use the Chinese Taipei sporting flag.

There is no emoji for Chinese Taipei, so WTT has never ever put a country flag for Taiwanese winners on social platforms.
Its a bit silly, as if I was working for WTT marketing, I would just do " (TPE) " behind the players name to keep some peace.

Never the less, this recent example below has triggered some discussion of users in Asia not able to find the Taiwanese flag on emoji, this includes Singaporean, Malaysian and Hong Kong users.
I would imagine if China can influence the disappearance of the Taiwan flag from emoji, then why doesn't it influence the creation of the Chinese Taipei flag....

Never the less, can you guys find Taiwan's flag on your phone? (ps. open emoji and search for it by typing Taiwan)

View attachment 29799
🇹🇼 I do have an US Samsung phone so probably not representative of phones elsewhere.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
Mar 2021
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
Status
Not open for further replies.