Change in equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hello friends. So i want to change my current blade which is Donic Epox Carbotec and i want to use a less stiff blade or even an all wood blade. On FH i use Donic Bluefire JP 01 and BH Yasaka Rakza 07. Any suggestion would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-A700H using Tapatalk
Looking at your rubbers I assume you are a looper? Given BF JP01 is a medium hard rubber you better settle down with a all wood or wood+ALC blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
If your going ALC, i have a Timo boll spirit for sale, if you prefer all wood, Xiom offensive, Korbel, stiga off/all classic. They are all good choices

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Whats the difference between an ALC and all wood blade?

alc= arylate carbon

alc has a layer of carbon as a ply of the wood. often you'll see, 5ply +2. that means theres 2 plies of carbon, 7 pliess in total.

the alc allows the blade to be faster without making it weigh more as other fast all wood blades would. It also allows the blade to have a bigger sweet spot. However you lose feeling in the blade when you add carbon to it. So there's a tradeoff.

as a developing player going for the long run, all wood is better for learning and developing even to an extremely high level. Ma long used a 5 ply all wood blade for a LONG time. If you want a quick carbon is often the way, but it will hinder your development.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Whats the difference between an ALC and all wood blade?

Traditional carbon provides hard feel. ALC is flexible carbon, provides hardness but not losing too much feeling. Because ALC is flexible it gives more dwell time than old school carbon. Good for plastic balls.

Some premium all wood blades are just as good such as Nittaku Violin, Stiga Intensity NCT.