You're so wrong here.....
No, the player doesn't get to ignore all rules but maybe stupid umpires not calling based purely on a whim should not be a part of the game.
And it definitely changed the momentum in this game. Just watch it again and it's pretty obvious.
I think the main point here is that ZQ may ultimately have won the match anyway, no problem with that from anyone. But it's a major shame that an umpire steps in with such a stupid call at such a crucial time in the match. It makes a farce of top level TT and it needs to be re-examined.
Its not a farce. I think while i understand where you and
@latej are coming from, I would like to briefly discuss the other sode of this. The umpire is a good umpire who usually gets that call right. He is actually well respected.
Jang Woojin went for the reverse pendulum. The reverse pendulum is probably the hardest serve to serve properly with a vertical toss. That I suspect biased the umpire more than anything else.
Finally, while the toss came out at 25 degrees, i keep having to remind people that 25 degrees is *not* vertical. Someone was complaining that the measurement came at 17 degrees but even 17 is not vertical. 30 degrees is just what had been enshrined into the rules as permissible and legal. What this has partly done is start the insanity of standards. I personally would have preferred a tighter vertical limit even if i struggle to serve with one because it would have killed a lot of shenanigans tied to serve hiding.
All that said i do agree it affected the flow of the match