China Super League 2014 (CTTSL)

Who do you think will win the China Super League (CTTSL) 2014?

• Ningbo Club – Ma Long, Yan An, Joo Se Hyuk, Lin Gaoyuan, Lyu Xiang

Votes: 113 54.1%
  • Shanghai Club - Xu Xin, Shang Kun, Zhao Zihao, Chen Zhiyang, Zhang Yang

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • Shandong Luneng Club - Zhang Jike, Hao Shuai, Fang Bo, Wu Hao, Wei Shihao, Liu Dingshuo, Timo Boll

Votes: 46 22.0%
  • Tianjin Club - Chuang Chih-Yuan, Li Ping, Ma Te, Kong Lingxuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jiangsu Club – Dimitrij Ovtcharov, Zhang Chao, Cui Qinglei, Lin Chen, Wu Jiaji, Cai Wei, Wang Yikai

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Bayi Club - Wang Hao, Fan Zhendong, Zhou Yu, Xu Chenhao

Votes: 28 13.4%
  • Bazhou Club - Liang Jingkun, Zhai Chao, Cheng Jingqi, Fan Shengpeng

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sichuan Club - Qiu Yike, Xu Ruifeng, Zhu Linfeng, Chen Xi, Zheng Peifeng, Lai Jiaxin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guangdong Club - Liu Jikang, Yin Hang, Liu Yanan, Liu Weiheng, Wang Yang (Czech Republic), Yin Jingy

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Shandong Weiqiao - Ma Lin, Liu Yi, Zhang Yudong, Yu Ziyang, Ren Hao, Jiang Tianyi

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
No one is going to make the short form of the matches? I have not enough time to watch the full match :(

TIP
Watch the full match and use the left/right arrows of your keyboard to skip easily the useless/inactive parts
(or, if you want to repeat the interesting points)

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
TIP
Watch the full match and use the left/right arrows of your keyboard to skip easily the useless/inactive parts
(or, if you want to repeat the interesting points)
Haha, I know that dear Janus. But my internet speed is low that i have to wait so much :(
Anyway thank you for those videos :)

Reactions: janus
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
►SHANDONG Vs DATONG (Women) (Round13/July13) [Full HD]

1. Li Xiaoxia - Wu Yang
2. Chen Meng - Guo Yichen
3. Gu Yuting / Wang Xuan - Li Xiaodan / Liu Gaoyang
4. Chen Meng 0-3 Wu Yang
5. Gu Yuting - Li Xiaodan

• Shandong: Li Xiaoxia, Chen Meng, Gu Yuting, Gu Ruochen, Wang Xuan, Liu Ming, Fan Siqi
• Datong: Wu Yang, Li Xiaodan, Liu Gaoyang, Guo Yichen

match1

match2

match3

match5

Reactions: Alborz and John18
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Dear zjkfanforever! I don't know if this standings is official, but Datong Shanxi should be higher in standings than Datong. Shanxi defeated them twice 3-1 and 3-1 and the total games difference is 31-18 against 30-24 of Datong. I don't know what aspect has preference: total games difference or mutual matches, because Shandong have difference 33-16 and Ordos-32-18, but Ordos defeated Shandong 3-0 & 3-1. If the games different, that means Shandong should be 2nd, Ordos-3rd, if their matches- standings is correct.
Dear Yuter, this is the official ranking published by CTTSL Official Site. But sometimes, they do commit errors in their statistics. As far as I know, the tie breaker between two teams will be their head to head record. If it's a three way tie, then the tie breaker will be the total win-loss ratio among the three.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
►GULIN Vs SHANXI (Round13/July13)

1. Wang Manyu - Feng Yalan @ 6:50
2. Zhao Xue - Liu Shiwen @ 40:04
3. Chen Ke/Yuan Xuejiao - Feng Yalan/Jiang Yue @ 59:43
4. Wang Manyu - Liu Shiwen @ 1:24:52

• Gulin (Churin Kvass): Liu Fei, Wang Manyu, Yao Junyu, Chen Ke, Yuan Xuejiao, Zhao Xue, Bai Yanke
• Shanxi (Dature): Liu Shiwen, Feng Yalan, Che Xiaoxi, Jiang Yue, Zheng Shichang

Reactions: John18
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
There is a quite interesting thing about Ma Te, which I just noticed. I was little bit surprised when you wrote he is a defender. I saw him in the last Polish Open ( it was November 2013) and he was practicing topspins with FanZhendong and Zhou You both BH and FH. Even I have a short video. But now when I saw pictures in the web of Ma Te it looks like different guy. But definitely he had a Tshirt with the name Ma Te. So the question is if they use colleagues Tshirts?

"Defender" doesn't mean player should never attack.
for example, take a look onto match between Joo Se Hyuk and CCY on WTTTC2014, there were multiple rallies, and Joo Se Hyuk was very good at counter-top-spins.
Moreover, with modern table tennis, it is very important for defender not only "return ball to the table", but achieve good placement and counter-attack, and many defenders using this strategy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I know what is modern defence. But with a long pimples on BH side it is really hard to make a topspin and I saw multiple Bh topspins and the sound was clear. Other thing is he was seating next to me when we were watching final between FZD and Zhou You and I saw his racket closely, there were regular rubbers.
Last thing is that guy was quite different from that on the internet photo.

I know what is modern defence. But with a long pimples on BH side it is really hard to make a topspin and I saw multiple Bh topspins
I saw defenders that are flicking bat to play some chops with inverted rubber, to make more complicated reading ball spin.
Also, I have a player in local club, that has long pimples on max sponge, and he was able to do a top-spin with long-pimples :) and it was real top-spin, may be not as spinny as with inverted rubber, but still...

Other thing is he was seating next to me when we were watching final between FZD and Zhou You and I saw his racket closely, there were regular rubbers.
Last thing is that guy was quite different from that on the internet photo.
This is totally different question.
But, I have googled for Polish Open 2013, and found match with CCY vs Ma Te:
And it looks like Ma Te from CTTSL - chopper/defender with occasional attacks/drives.
Also, you may note that he is chopping with both BH and FH rubbers (sometimes with flicking to BH rubber on FH), and attacking with FH rubber.

May be there was his coach/advisor/sparring partner/friend that had Ma Te's t-shirt that sitted next to you watching games, while real Ma Te was somewhere else?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
2014 CTTSL Second Stage Competition Guildlines
Published on 07-11-2014 CTTSL Official Site

(Partial translation)

I.Organizer

China Table Tennis Association, CCTV Sports Channel

II.Host

Weishan County People's Government

III.Date and Place

1. Date

Semifinals: August 7 & 8

Finals: August 9 & 10

2. Place

Weishan County, Shandong Province

IV.Qualifying Clubs

The top four men's and women's clubs from the first stage

V. Playing System

1. Single knock out

2. Draw:

a. The first and second place club from the first stage will enter position 1 and 4

b. The first place club will have the right to pick its opponent in the semifinal between the third and fourth place club

c. The selected club will enter position 2, and the unselected club position 3

d. There won't be an extra match for the losing clubs of the semifinals to determine the third and fourth place of the season. Instead, their final standing of the season will be based on their ranking in the first stage. The higher ranking club from the first stage will be the third place and the lower ranking club the fourth place.

3. Playing Methods

a. The men’s and women’s playing methods will be the same, all will be best of five games, and the order of line up shall be:

Game 1: A - X
Game 2: B - Y
Game 3: Double
Game 4: A - Y
Game 5: C - Z

b. The first, second, and forth game will be best of five games, and the first four set will be 11 points, and the fifth set will be 7 points.

c. The third game (double) and the fifth game (single) will be best of three games, and the first two set will be 11 point point, and the third set will be 7 points.

(Note: in the 7 point games, each player will serve two points at a time; after leveled at 6 point, each player will serve one point at a time, and whoever scores two points in a row will win the game. In the 7 point decider, when one player scores 3 points, the players shall exchange sides.)

4. Rules regarding the match’s lineup

a. each player can only play a maximum of two games in each match

b. The double’s players can be anyone from the club’s roster except for those playing position A and Y in the match

c. The player for the fifth game can be anyone from the club’s roster except for those playing Game 1 and Game 2

d. Only one non-Chinese player from each club can compete in each match.

4. Competition Ball

Double Happiness 40+ Two Toned Orange/White Double Color Plastic Ball

new ball.jpg

(Does that mean the new plastic ball will be used for the second stage while the old celluloid ball has been used throughout the first stage? I remember China Table Tennis Association indicated in April that CTTSL will still use the old celluloid ball for 2014 season.)

5. Schedule

Date
Time
Event
August 7
15:00 - 17:00Women's Semifinal 1 (Position 3 vs 4)

19:30 - 21:30Women's Semifinal 2 (Position 1 vs 2)
August 815:00 - 17:00Men's Semifinal 1 (Position 3 vs 4)

19:30 - 21:30Men's Semifinal 2 (Position 1 vs 2)
August 914:20 -14:40Players and Audience Interaction

15:00 - 17:00Women's Final

17:00 - 17:20Women's Award Ceremony
August 1014:20 - 14:40Players and Audience Interaction
15:00 - 17:00Men's Final
17:00 - 17:20Men's Award Ceremony

(Note: actual playing time may be subject to changes due to live TV broadcasting scheduling)

6. Prize

First PlaceRMB 500,000
Second PlaceRMB 300,000
Third PlaceRMB 200,000
Fourth PlaceRMB 200,000

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
I think the double color ball is a good idea especially for the spectators who don't know much about table tennis. What makes TT interesting compared to others ball sports is spin and spin is also a spectacular thing when you watch slow-mo on TV.
So maybe, if someone come across TT on TV not on purpose he will be a bit more interested.

For players, there will be, of course, less mistakes on service returns and maybe longer rallies due to an easier spin reading. Maybe, the only problem will be for choppers and pimples players (so no problem...:p joking).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
SHANGHAI Vs SICHUAN (Round10/July1) [HD]

1. Xu Xin - Zhu Linfeng @ 3:43
2. Shang Kun - Zheng Peifeng @ 28:21
3. Shang Kun/Zhao Zihao - Xu Ruifeng/Zhu Linfeng @ 1:04:08

• Shanghai: Xu Xin, Shang Kun, Zhao Zihao, Chen Zhiyang, Zhang Yang
• Sichuan: Qiu Yike, Xu Ruifeng, Zhu Linfeng, Chen Xi, Zheng Peifeng, Lai Jiaxin

CTTSL (Playlist) ★

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbdXhTbmweTo2_i6RHx6zxxLLFLkAkqsB

Last edited:
Reactions: John18