Chinese all boosting, yet never caught red handed/ Why?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It looks like FZD is seeing the limits he can push his rubbers 🤣

at the last commonwealth games.

a players thickness failed....
guess what he did, he put some thin pieces of wood over the surface where wood is still visible near the handle.
the retest, he passed

I laughed so loud.

I was going to tell him, just sand the head of the blade, like so many people who does it.
he went one level up and raised the height.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023

guess what he did, he put some thin pieces of wood over the surface where wood is still visible near the handle.
the retest, he passed

I laughed so loud.

I was going to tell him, just sand the head of the blade, like so many people who does it.
If I understood correctly, he put wood on where the finger and thumb of a penholder touch the blade? I'm gonna modify my blade and use 8 mm rubbers from now on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
If I understood correctly, he put wood on where the finger and thumb of a penholder touch the blade? I'm gonna modify my blade and use 8 mm rubbers from now on.

he is a shakehand player, and yes, he did that, he taped it up.

You know, back in the Jpen days, the Jpen "finger rest area" is also raised.
I'm not sure how they would test Jpen blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
The ITTF equipment for detecting an illegal boosted rubber is all a total charade. When a rubber has been boosted it is impossible to hide the deception because the pimples are so incredibly more visible than something that hasn't been treated. The difference between a regular rubber and a boosted rubber is light and day.

The official testers also know this basic fact but choose (or told) to turn a blind eye and just use a gadget that is not fit for purpose. The ITTF could stop illegal boosting immediately if they used a bit of common sense.

Unfortunately they don't really want to stop the pros from doing it.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
The ITTF equipment for detecting an illegal boosted rubber is all a total charade. When a rubber has been boosted it is impossible to hide the deception because the pimples are so incredibly more visible than something that hasn't been treated. The difference between a regular rubber and a boosted rubber is light and day.

The official testers also know this basic fact but choose (or told) to turn a blind eye and just use a gadget that is not fit for purpose. The ITTF could stop illegal boosting immediately if they used a bit of common sense.

You're not wrong that boosted rubbers have visible pips, but just mechanically stretching the rubber causes similar visual phenomena too.

Check out this video where the guy puts on 2 sheets of the same rubber, one normally and one stretched. Clearly you can see the pips when it's stretched.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
You're not wrong that boosted rubbers have visible pips, but just mechanically stretching the rubber causes similar visual phenomena too.

Check out this video where the guy puts on 2 sheets of the same rubber, one normally and one stretched. Clearly you can see the pips when it's stretched.

Yeah you can see the pips clearly but I am sure that rubber had been been boosted before he put it on. You can actually see booster on it if you look closely - I even got the magnifying glass out!

• Haha
Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023

On the contrary, they do not stop it, because they are guided by common sense.

• Love
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Yeah you can see the pips clearly but I am sure that rubber had been been boosted before he put it on. You can actually see booster on it if you look closely - I even got the magnifying glass out!
what you can see is the layer of glue, booster does not show anything on the sponge side and yes of course the boosting happens before, once the rubber is on the blade it can not be boosted

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
I think the guy in the video is just showing that you can get a boosting like effect on the rubber if you heat up your glue while drying , it says nothing about preboosting with chemicals

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
what you can see is the layer of glue, booster does not show anything on the sponge side and yes of course the boosting happens before, once the rubber is on the blade it can not be boosted
It is the same thing Dima shows in his tutorial when specifying that he likes to stretch his rubbers by pulling them , he does that on one axis , heating does it somehow thoroughly

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Guys, fast glue was banned not because of changes in the playing properties of rubber, but because of the influence of volatile and very toxic compounds on the health of athletes, including children who train. If I now smear the sponge of my rubber with baby! vaseline-based oil, which is absolutely safe, well, if you don’t drink it 😃, then in this way I will boost the rubber, that is, its pretension and these properties will be very similar to plywood rubber with quick glue, BUT it’s safe!!!! for me and those around me. What problems can there be? The only condition is that the sponge should not swell beyond the limit on the thickness of the rubber - 4mm. What did Fan do that was so illegal, making sure that everything was in order with the thickness of the rubber?
In my opinion, everything is clear here and the topic should be closed.

• Haha
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Guys, fast glue was banned not because of changes in the playing properties of rubber, but because of the influence of volatile and very toxic compounds on the health of athletes, including children who train. If I now smear the sponge of my rubber with baby! vaseline-based oil, which is absolutely safe, well, if you don’t drink it 😃, then in this way I will boost the rubber, that is, its pretension and these properties will be very similar to plywood rubber with quick glue, BUT it’s safe!!!! for me and those around me. What problems can there be? The only condition is that the sponge should not swell beyond the limit on the thickness of the rubber - 4mm. What did Fan do that was so illegal, making sure that everything was in order with the thickness of the rubber?
In my opinion, everything is clear here and the topic should be closed.
one can not close it and even if one could, keep an eye on it it will be back within a few weeks 😂 It always is.

• Love
Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Say someone brings out 1 million bucks to offer as bonus.
How exactly is racket control going to check it?

stretching of rubber during gluing is allowed. Well, rather, there is no rules against it.
pimples visible can be from stretching, or from older sheets too. There is ruling on the color grade, there is no ruling on age of topsheet or how visible it can be to be deemed boosting and not gluing.
Then how about those tensored rubbers from the manufactory? Who is policing those?

racket control is a bunch of umpires who has almost no tools (nor printed copies or digital copies of the hundreds of LARC data - at most they just have the LARC number).
So even if they have all the tools in the world and all the data, how are they going to measure it when the top sheet is on the sponge? LARC is top sheet off the sponge. Are we talking about some lab equipment or xray machine to see through the topsheet to give a computerized measurements of how the pip has expanded? and with gluing/stretching or boosting?

So, there is so much noise going on, but it is something that is almost impossible to measure and where there is even a slight of doubt, it cannot be deemed reliable.

This as I said, is no different to the 16cm service toss rule.
They just measuring with the naked eye at a good distance from the player, with the new hall now with black background and strong lights.... they better be hiring snipers to be umpires

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews

the retest, he passed

I laughed so loud.

Do you have a photo of this to show how you mean exactly?