Chinese all boosting, yet never caught red handed/ Why?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Here we go again, another boosting is illegal thread.

I will just use my comment from before, putting glue on the sponge is also a treatment, since everything is a chemical of some kind. Also, if all the checks are within the regulation, then that is legal, if you want to make it illegal then you need to change the regulations.

Reactions: Choosikick
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Here we go again, another boosting is illegal thread.

I will just use my comment from before, putting glue on the sponge is also a treatment, since everything is a chemical of some kind. Also, if all the checks are within the regulation, then that is legal, if you want to make it illegal then you need to change the regulations.
exactly ! Don't make stupid rules if you are not prepared to police them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
exactly ! Don't make stupid rules if you are not prepared to police them.

Its actually very funny.
Ruling is clearly on thickness limit + no chemical

But the policing is measurements of thickness + VOC, and not if chemical is used or what not (I would have thought they will remove the sponge and use lab equipment)

AND if you use a fresh sheet of rubber without airing it and use VOC Free glue (say inside 48 hours of racket control), your rubber will fail the VOC test too.

So innocents will fail, and guilty will pass.
its a complete joke.

However, racket control is still better than the 4 eyes approach for live play (without technology).
Avg age of umpire + eye sight ability (health) does worry me at times

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
very simple, Butterfly making they own rubbers made use of the transitional period.
Bryce Speed first came out, then Tenergy family.

When T05 was established, how many ESN generations tried to do better?
The best is maybe MX-P, but after a month, it needs to be replaced. Life spam on high level is half of that of T05 or in the same range as DHS. Of course, high level, it is free, so not a problem.

MX-P has good market share in the west, close to zero in Asia.
Tony, DHS rubbers play last much longer than Butterfly, and since Butterfly raises prices, no one raises them on the market.I'd love to lower prices and buy their inventory, but they don't.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Rubbers is difficult indeed.

Certain forum member praises cheap Chinese rubber performances.
Its all good at low level play, but in high level play, many non DHS Chinese rubbers are not reliable enough.

For example, Yinhe sponsors how many Chinese national/prov players? non of them uses Yinhe rubbers.
In Yinhe and China, the situation is different, not directly related to the quality of the inventory. The manufacturer for the national team is approved by the communists, whose ideology does not provide for competition. If they had approved Yinhe at one time, then everyone would have played Yinhe, and you would have said that none of the professionals play DHS ....

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
In Yinhe and China, the situation is different, not directly related to the quality of the inventory. The manufacturer for the national team is approved by the communists, whose ideology does not provide for competition. If they had approved Yinhe at one time, then everyone would have played Yinhe, and you would have said that none of the professionals play DHS ....
Communism in China has long gone and might never have existed at all. I don't know how to call
the now existing system , maybe "radical dictatorship with capitalistic twist" ????

• Haha
Reactions: DukeGaGa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

it is related to the quality
at most blades are used and that is about it.

Not even 729 exists in the CNT

BTW, there is a lot of Made in Japan products in the CNT... how do you explain that?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
it is related to the quality
at most blades are used and that is about it.

Not even 729 exists in the CNT

BTW, there is a lot of Made in Japan products in the CNT... how do you explain that?
It’s just that at the time when it was necessary to choose a supplier for the Chinese team, there were no alternatives other than DHS, since Yinhe was a younger company and at that time did not have such products. Yinhe now has great rubbers like the Jupiter and Big Dipper that are as good as the Hurricanes, and many people are held hostage to their stereotypes... Jupiter's topsheet durability is incredible!

As for Japanese sponges in China, everything is explained quite simply. After the ban on hot glue in China, they solved the problem of sponge pretensioning with a booster for professional players, but they did not have a pretensioned sponge of their own production for mainly playing on the backhand for a long time, so they used a Japanese sponge.

Last edited:
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
It’s just that at the time when it was necessary to choose a supplier for the Chinese team, there were no alternatives other than DHS, since Yinhe was a younger company and at that time did not have such products. Yinhe now has great rubbers like the Jupiter and Big Dipper that are as good as the Hurricanes, and many people are held hostage to their stereotypes... Jupiter's topsheet durability is incredible!

As for Japanese sponges in China, everything is explained quite simply. After the ban on hot glue in China, they solved the problem of sponge pretensioning with a booster for professional players, but they did not have a pretensioned sponge of their own production for mainly playing on the backhand for a long time, so they used a Japanese sponge.
The tack on Jupiter definitely decreased within 6 weeks... whilst it doesn't really hurt my game, that's not incredible durability.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

729 was in CNT. 729 was one of the biggest brands in the world. So i'm not sure why you say no alternatives?
The world champions all used 729 for years.

Yinhe had "H3 like" rubbers before. you mentioned some hybrids, CNT don't use hybrids even today.
I'm not sure where you get your information, but there is so much I don't agree with.

If you think CCP runs who uses what equipment in CNT, then why don't you ask the hundreds/thousands of former players/coaches who left CCP rule on why they don't use or recommend Yinhe to high level players?

I'm a Yinhe distributor. I know the boss of Yinhe. I will call a spade a spade and not pretend it as something else.
Yinhe is good for entry level and amateurs. For professional, it is not there at the moment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
729 was in CNT. 729 was one of the biggest brands in the world. So i'm not sure why you say no alternatives?
The world champions all used 729 for years.

Yinhe had "H3 like" rubbers before. you mentioned some hybrids, CNT don't use hybrids even today.
I'm not sure where you get your information, but there is so much I don't agree with.

If you think CCP runs who uses what equipment in CNT, then why don't you ask the hundreds/thousands of former players/coaches who left CCP rule on why they don't use or recommend Yinhe to high level players?

I'm a Yinhe distributor. I know the boss of Yinhe. I will call a spade a spade and not pretend it as something else.
Yinhe is good for entry level and amateurs. For professional, it is not there at the moment.
I am an amateur and I like their equipment, if you see their boss, say hello from one amateur from distant Ukraine and shake his hand warmly from me.

Reactions: turbozed
Jan 2023
I wonder if anybody really boosts their rubber if they know it is going to be inspected.
How do the people or machines that do the inspecting tell if the rubber is boosted by the factory, as some people claim, or by the player?
As far as I know, they only test for VOCs (which can only catch speedglue) and rubber thickness. Naked eye inspection is not part of the booster detection procedure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I wonder if anybody really boosts their rubber if they know it is going to be inspected.
How do the people or machines that do the inspecting tell if the rubber is boosted by the factory, as some people claim, or by the player?
They can't distinguish if the boosting was done by the player or the factory.
And I highly doubt that DHS is boosting the rubber for Ma Long or Fan Zhendong etc...
There are many pics where the players are seen in their (I suggest hotel) rooms with rubbers curling behind them.

Also what if they have a special person boosting the rubbers and said person is hired by DHS? Would that count as factory boosting since it's done by a DHS employee?

There are so many loopholes around this that an F1 engineer would laugh his ass off.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
They can't distinguish if the boosting was done by the player or the factory.
And I highly doubt that DHS is boosting the rubber for Ma Long or Fan Zhendong etc...
There are many pics where the players are seen in their (I suggest hotel) rooms with rubbers curling behind them.

Also what if they have a special person boosting the rubbers and said person is hired by DHS? Would that count as factory boosting since it's done by a DHS employee?

There are so many loopholes around this that an F1 engineer would laugh his ass off.

People are laughing indeed.
Xu Xin goes to the competition hall via the bus, with his rubber still curling around his arm.
Rules also has it, that you can't glue rubbers in the competition hall. Well, he sure didn't glue it on the bus.

I know some players getting thickness infractions (which some times is just too many layers of glue, not necessary booster) and there has been few VOC infractions. Over the years, VOC is maybe 20%, while thickness is 80%