Compare between Mizuno shoes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Hello everyone, i want to buy a new pair of shoes. I concern to choose from Mizuno. But I'm a little bit confuse. There's a multiple choice that i want to buy and i consider to choose the lightest one and comfort one.
a. Mizuno Wave medal 5
b. Mizuno Wave Medal 6
c. Mizuno Wave Kaiserburg 6
d. Mizuno Wave Kaiserburg 7

Almost forget 😂 I have wide foot. In a week I usually practice about 2 times and spend 1-2 hours.
Maybe you guys can help me to choose or share your experience to make sure i'm not wrong in choosing. Thanks in advance ☺️☺️

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Wave Kaiserburgs are supposed to be for wide feet and are more minimal and lighter. I have a pair of Kaiserburg 7s and they feel lighter but have less support than my Wave Drive 9s. They also have better ventilation than the Wave Drive and Wave Medal shoes I've tried on.

I tried on a few pairs of Wave Medal 6 at the store and didn't like them mostly because of the ugly color scheme. They also felt heavier and bulkier but I think they have more foot support.

If you play on hard wood or parquet floors a lot and are a more heavyset person, Medal may be better. Otherwise, I'd get Kaiserburg for the same price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Wave Kaiserburgs are supposed to be for wide feet and are more minimal and lighter. I have a pair of Kaiserburg 7s and they feel lighter but have less support than my Wave Drive 9s. They also have better ventilation than the Wave Drive and Wave Medal shoes I've tried on.

I tried on a few pairs of Wave Medal 6 at the store and didn't like them mostly because of the ugly color scheme. They also felt heavier and bulkier but I think they have more foot support.

If you play on hard wood or parquet floors a lot and are a more heavyset person, Medal may be better. Otherwise, I'd get Kaiserburg for the same price.
Hi Turbozed, thank you for your experience and sharing. I usually play on ceramic floor or concentrate floor, I'm 72 kg in weight and 170cm. So better choose Kaiserburg or Wave medal?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Hi Turbozed, thank you for your experience and sharing. I usually play on ceramic floor or concentrate floor, I'm 72 kg in weight and 170cm. So better choose Kaiserburg or Wave medal?

If you're playing on ceramic or concrete floor, I'd go for the Wave Medal since it has more support and has a thicker sole so it'll be more durable. Online reviewers seem to like Wave Medal 5 and there are less reviews of 6 so I'd go with 5. Also doesn't help that the color schemes for 6 are all ugly imo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
If you're playing on ceramic or concrete floor, I'd go for the Wave Medal since it has more support and has a thicker sole so it'll be more durable. Online reviewers seem to like Wave Medal 5 and there are less reviews of 6 so I'd go with 5. Also doesn't help that the color schemes for 6 are all ugly imo.
Less color for the 6 yeah? But a little bit difficult look for 5

This user has no status.

Hey since you have both, can you comment on the width between the Wave Drive 9 and the Kaiserburg 7?
I'm looking for a shoe with more width and can't find anywhere which is wider.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Hey since you have both, can you comment on the width between the Wave Drive 9 and the Kaiserburg 7?
I'm looking for a shoe with more width and can't find anywhere which is wider.
I'd say they are both equally wide. The Wave Drive 9 is a better shoe in terms of build imo. Let me know what you would be paying for each and I'll tell you which would be a better deal.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
@OP

I have owned Wave Medal 5 ( 2017 ) and Wave Medal 5 ( 2018 ) both are great for wide feet, play good on most surfaces and quite durable/long lasting.

From what I can recall, the seller told me that WM 6 and above are not as wide as WM 5 shoes.

I will be looking for a new pair soon, might get WM 5 again since they are tried and tested but open to suggestions for better shoes than these.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
@OP

I have owned Wave Medal 5 ( 2017 ) and Wave Medal 5 ( 2018 ) both are great for wide feet, play good on most surfaces and quite durable/long lasting.

From what I can recall, the seller told me that WM 6 and above are not as wide as WM 5 shoes.

I will be looking for a new pair soon, might get WM 5 again since they are tried and tested but open to suggestions for better shoes than these.

I've tried on Wave Medal 6 and they were my least favorite compared to Drive 9 and Kaiserburg 7. Felt a bit too clunky and the color scheme I found too ugly. I'd try on the Drive 9s. They didn't feel any bit narrower than Medal 6.

This user has no status.
I'd say they are both equally wide. The Wave Drive 9 is a better shoe in terms of build imo. Let me know what you would be paying for each and I'll tell you which would be a better deal.
Oh right on. I've found the Wave Drive 9 for 118 USD and the Kaiserburg 7 for 94 USD. I was leaning toward the Wave Drive but if the Kaiserburg was any wider, specifically in the toebox, that's something my feet would very much appreciate. I've got a pair of Li Ning Aurora's currently and after a couple hours of playing, the bases of my 5th toes are quite sore from the pressure on that area due to the lack of width in the front of the shoe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Oh right on. I've found the Wave Drive 9 for 118 USD and the Kaiserburg 7 for 94 USD. I was leaning toward the Wave Drive but if the Kaiserburg was any wider, specifically in the toebox, that's something my feet would very much appreciate. I've got a pair of Li Ning Aurora's currently and after a couple hours of playing, the bases of my 5th toes are quite sore from the pressure on that area due to the lack of width in the front of the shoe.
I'd go for the Wave Drive 9 at those prices.

I don't find the Kaiserburg any bit wider tbh. I usually have some discomfort in toebox with regular width shoes but have no issue with either shoe.