Gel Blade or Gel Rockets

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I've used Stiga Liner 2 and currently Mizuno Wave Drive 8. I changed from Stiga Liner to Mizuno's cause high tech and I could treat myself.
But where I used them differed a lot. The Stiga Liners were used in mostly concrete/tiled floors and rarely wooden and gerflor material.
The Mizuno's are constantly used in gerflor material but never concrete.

What I'm trying to get that is that I'm trying to look for something similar to Mizunos which suit me more as I expect to be playing on more concrete or wooden floors than gerflor. I have an option to get $30 Gel Rockets or $100 Gel Blades. I'm 6' and ~70 kg, US size 12-13. My game is a lot of open rallies or forehand pivots.

Tl;dr: better suited shoes for the harder floors that allow me to play the same way without more pain, (I use 3rd party insoles on my Mizunos currently).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I have gel blade, gel rocket, and wave medal. I am 85 kg almost 40 years old and my footwork is less than average. I play 4th level provincial in the Netherlands.

Both gel blade and wave medal were horrible. I played twice per week, Most of my play was on indoor venyl like floors or wooden floors, no concrete, and plantar fasciitis was a constant thing in my feet.it would last even if I stop playing for weeks, it was sever.

Once I moved to gel rocket 10 things quickly moved to just little strain that goes away an hour after playing then nothing at all.

Wave medal is considered the more cushioning model for heavier weight. I didn't use wave drive but they should be lighter with less cushioning .

In my opinion the difference between gel rocket and the other two models is day and night away. If you have good footwork or you are young and light weight maybe they could help you be more agile as they are Lower, but you are comparing shoes from very different categories and target customer.

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
I gotta admit I am a bit flabbergasted, playing tt on concrete? Outdoors?

First thing that comes to mind is to check some tennis shoes for hard courts. Obvious issue is that they wont have the same feeling as tt shoes. Unless they make tt shoes for harder surfaces and I dont know.

Second thing is, hell gel rockets for 30 bucks, even if you f-em-up at least you will know how long it takes to wear out(so it doesnt happen to the mizunos).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I gotta admit I am a bit flabbergasted, playing tt on concrete? Outdoors?

First thing that comes to mind is to check some tennis shoes for hard courts. Obvious issue is that they wont have the same feeling as tt shoes. Unless they make tt shoes for harder surfaces and I dont know.

Second thing is, hell gel rockets for 30 bucks, even if you f-em-up at least you will know how long it takes to wear out(so it doesnt happen to the mizunos).
Unfortunately my mizunos are going through the ringer. I'd give them 4 more months before the grip becomes dangerous(-ly slippery) to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Gel rockets I have but to me, their cushioning is gone since version 8 so I still use the version 7 I have. But the guys who i know play use Gel Blades. Given the prices, start with the Rockets but I think you might need to test a bit. And I don't think anything really solves concrete.
Really Im just hoping that where I train is mostly wooden floor or like a layer of rubber flooring.

The Philippines usually have the floor in concrete or tiled and then put a mat of rubber for grip.

I'll try out the rockets and see if im heading towards the right direction.