Cornileau Gatien Conquest Absolum Off+

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Absolutely. However table tennis is my passion not for living may be I was very wrong by using the word pro in our country it means you are not a garage player.

Okay. So you are just a club level player? Is that what you meant? Then the Ultimate II might be fine.

Also, why don't you list a few details to help us know what you would actually be good for you:

1) How long you have been playing TT.
2) How you play--offensive, defensive, allround--something that describes the way you play.
3) How would you categorize your level of play.
4) If someone pushed heavy backspin long to your FH while you were down 9-10 in a game, how would you return that ball.
5) If someone pushed heavy backspin long to your FH while you were down 9-10 in a game, how would you return that ball.

Would you be able to post video footage? That would make it so people would be able to help you better with equipment choices. It is very hard to give useful equipment recommendations without knowing how someone plays. It would almost be like me asking you to tell me what size shoes I should get for myself. If you cannot see my feet, there is very little likelihood you can tell me what size shoes will fit me. Without video, answers to the questions will still be pretty helpful.

Reactions: Nazmul Haque
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Thank you Carl.
I was started tt very early 1989 after participating a training camp by a very skilled Japanese coach. However, I stopped playing after few years and finally after 25 years I have started again in 2017. Yes mainly playing at club level but also participated in National league and tournaments.
1. At starting phase, I was all-around player now I transformed myself as offensive player will loop attack along with good block, ability to generate good back spin near to table and backhand is the strongest area.
2.In country level my position is around 25 though I am a veteran still compete with young bloods.
3. I will play top spin or loop drive depending on the ball length and height if someone play backspin on forehand and will play back hand top spin if I get it backhand even in 9-10 situation.

My major problem is if anyone at play spin to me I have a tendency to block rather counter spin and I am now overcoming that area by training.

I tried Mazunoz, carbonado 190, innerforce ZLF, Clipper WRB, infinity VPS V, innerforce ALC, primorac carbon, xiom feel zx2, now boll ALC. Infinity and clipper was good but lack of power from the distance.o sold all the blades except xiom feel zx2 and Boll ALC.

I will post a training video ASAP.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think counterlooping is more of a technical or and training aspect than equipment. Try block and just extend the block when you counterloop. People sometimes swing big and that is just a chance stroke. Also very obvious for opponent What you are going to Do. Start block then just extend it a little.

I think the stroke will be easier if the blade is not to fast and with feel. The blades Maybe not as good from the behind then. Feel like you can not find a blade that is good at everything. Choose according to your style of play and strengths.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I think counterlooping is more of a technical or and training aspect than equipment. Try block and just extend the block when you counterloop. People sometimes swing big and that is just a chance stroke. Also very obvious for opponent What you are going to Do. Start block then just extend it a little.

I think the stroke will be easier if the blade is not to fast and with feel. The blades Maybe not as good from the behind then. Feel like you can not find a blade that is good at everything. Choose according to your style of play and strengths.

It's really the advise I am looking for. Thank you so much. Still expecting a blade advise from you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
There are so many ways to block. I can have multiple objective with my block

- totally Kill the spin

- Kill the speed

- Add speed

- Angle changing

- Deceive the timing

- Spin changing

- Break the rhythm

Different ways to go .. My problem is while dealing a top spin should I go down to up lift the ball for looping? I found opponent heavily smashed it. So should I extended my hand on the table during the block or which path I should take?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think that in beginning or in general for us mortals, and even pros to try to make it safe. Wait for the ball, like you should block then just make a little more speed by following the ball. If they have a lot of power and spin you can just use the ball and follow it forward. I also think it is wise to use the body alot in blocking then just use the body to go over the ball in counterloop, but maybe difficult if the ball comes really fast. Lose a lot of safety by using the arm to much, the arm can be moves almost everywhere, body is much mor steady.

I think flathit/smash a loop could work with the backhand if they have spin in the ball. Preferable when they do the opening topspin. Like waldner or truls moregard. If they have to little spin and you try to flathit you will have nothing to work with and need to create more of your own spin. I think if you have inverted flathit, smash is proably best for the backhand punch.

Try a little different ways and see what works!

Reactions: Nazmul Haque
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Should I go for Viscaria or Clipper or Rosewood XO/NCT VII or TB ZLF?

To me it sounds like the Xiom Extreme S may be the best option for you. Rosewood NCT V or XO might be fine but not as fast as much power away from the table as Extreme S. Rosewood NCT VII is a weird heavy blade not very much like the RNCTV.

Clipper CR or Clipper CC might be fine as well. But I still like the Extreme S over the others for what it sounds like you need.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What will be the way out?

I have to be honest. I am confused. You started with the idea that you wanted to change from a TB ALC to something with more "power" and more "control".

And now you are thinking of getting a Viscaria which is 98% the same blade as the TB ALC. What am I missing.

I guess another detail:

Power and Control are actually inversely related. A lot of those stats that blade makers list tell you something different. But they want to sell you products. If a blade is faster, it takes more skill to be able to control the blade.

So, wanting more power and more control, which, I think a lot of people would want, is really a fantasy. You have a trade off. Is the more important part power? Or is the more important part your ability to control the ball better? Note: the blade does not have control. You control the blade and your shots. So the question is, will the blade make it easier for you to control what you do, will it make it harder, or will it be the same?

And a Viscaria, the main differences between a Viscaria and a TB ALC are the handle and the shape of the wings. The wood plies and thickness are the same. Some say they treat the TB ALC to be a tiny bit harder than the Viscaria. But if you had 10 Viscarias and 10 TB ALCs, the ones that were the same weight would feel closer to each other than the TB's would to the lower or higher weight ones, and same with the Viscarias.

So why would you want to get the same blade if you want something different?

The question you should ask yourself is: Is this just you being an equipment junkie or would a new blade really be something that would be useful to you.

Because, based on where you are now, it seems to me that you are just looking at equipment descriptions and thinking that stuff you don't have sounds better than what you do have. Online descriptions are meant to get you to want to spend your money.

Stick with the TB ALC if you are thinking of the Viscaria.