DHS fans unite!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
In my environment most of the people play with Butterfly/ESN rubbers, I estimate cca 85%. Those closer to me make fun of it and say "throw it away, it's a fake", when they learn I buy from Aliexpress. Other's reactions are interesting. Some recognize it by the sound, especially the NHP3TB, and then take a look. Some recognize that the black rubber is more glossy, and then ask. Some ask what is it, Friendship? (Surprisingly DHS seems to be even less known.) But all of those have 1 thing common, as they learn it's "chinese", the questions stop. Not much desire to learn more details, try, feel the diff in hardness etc., not to mention "even buy" :) Of course some do play with chinese rubbers like Battle 2, Big Dipper, Bloom Power, but that's very seldom. Not sure I actually met a fellow DHS proletarian.

For me its about the sponge, or the combined behavior. For me even Rakza 7, totally uncontroversial rubber, often mentioned on TTD, is not preferable on the BH. I get a lot of traffic to the BH, sometimes there are younger players with some Butterfly/ESN on outer carbon, and I really can feel the power and pressure. It is at those moments that I question and think about speeding up the BH rubber a bit. (I'm glad that I'm clear about the options, one would be the J3 :)) But I think I don't really need it, it is just doubts. Anyway often those younger guys miss with the FH, goes wide. It is too fast for them. Not only during the match, worse, during training, they limit themselves to the shorter space of applicable power, and that has consequences.

Btw., you forgot to write "of all nations" :)

This user has no status.
In my environment most of the people play with Butterfly/ESN rubbers, I estimate cca 85%. Those closer to me make fun of it and say "throw it away, it's a fake", when they learn I buy from Aliexpress. Other's reactions are interesting. Some recognize it by the sound, especially the NHP3TB, and then take a look. Some recognize that the black rubber is more glossy, and then ask. Some ask what is it, Friendship? (Surprisingly DHS seems to be even less known.) But all of those have 1 thing common, as they learn it's "chinese", the questions stop. Not much desire to learn more details, try, feel the diff in hardness etc., not to mention "even buy" :) Of course some do play with chinese rubbers like Battle 2, Big Dipper, Bloom Power, but that's very seldom. Not sure I actually met a fellow DHS proletarian.

For me its about the sponge, or the combined behavior. For me even Rakza 7, totally uncontroversial rubber, often mentioned on TTD, is not preferable on the BH. I get a lot of traffic to the BH, sometimes there are younger players with some Butterfly/ESN on outer carbon, and I really can feel the power and pressure. It is at those moments that I question and think about speeding up the BH rubber a bit. (I'm glad that I'm clear about the options, one would be the J3 :)) But I think I don't really need it, it is just doubts. Anyway often those younger guys miss with the FH, goes wide. It is too fast for them. Not only during the match, worse, during training, they limit themselves to the shorter space of applicable power, and that has consequences.

No wonder, Korbel as a well-known player and also with brand exclusivity... As with everything else, players copy their "idols". I played with it too but abandoned it after one year, sticky rubber is something else entirely. I think Battle 2 blue sponge is almost as popular as DHS NH3 at the moment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

I managed to convert a few people around me to Big Dipper, and H8-80. They were kinda skeptical at first and of course on the first try they didn't get these rubbers but I told them give it a few days of training and you will start to notice the "magic". Said people before were using T05 or Gewo Nexxus, so both came from rather bouncy rubbers. One of them wanted a very light setup, so I actually recommended him a Yinhe T-11 blade which was like 65g and it's super fast too. The Big Dippers work rather well on it.

I have to agree that Friendship is more well known around here than DHS too, I think since many defenders still use 729 super FX for chopping and it's the "dirt cheapest rubber" and it has a million different sponge thickness options. In comparison H3 has literally no options...

I came across a few attacking players who used Battle 2 on FH, and some other guys using H3 on backhand since they kinda tried to live from short blocking and heavy underspin pushes. I've seem someone playing with Gold Arc 5 once I think.
Friendship super FX is really common among choppers actually.
But I would say most of these players were more on the "weird" side of the spectrum and they tried to enhance their gimmick.

I wish I had a gimmick 😢

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I never really understood why DHS is so incredibly popular. I find their rubbers slow and dull. Yinhe has much better

Neeh, the DHS are only slow because you never managed to develop the technique to use them properly.
You prefer to rely on the rubbers that seem to create speed for you -------but all on the cost of precision.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Well Michael has a point, the commercial orange H3 is pretty darn slow and dull. I'm trying to make sense out of one now.
Before I had a blue sponge 40 deg H3 and that with the proper technique is fast and powerful. The orange sponge is slow.
Since the fall season is over I'm now trying out stuff, I've just glued on a Dingtian Young Shine, basically H3 blue sponge clone and it is really good. It reminds me of the real deal from DHS. It makes me wonder who the manufacturer is... If it's DHS then I am not surprised but if it's someone else... woah.

From Yinhe I only tried the Big Dipper and Moon Speed. Both are okay and I think they are much easier to use than most of DHS gear. Big Dipper probably is the gateway drug for Chinese tacky rubbers. It should be the first one someone tries before going for a H3 blue sponge, but make no mistake if someone has enough power Big Dipper falls short in spin and stability - like really badly. Maybe more expensive Yinhe gear is better tho, BD has bottom of the barrel price too.

Reactions: NextLevel
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Well Michael has a point, the commercial orange H3 is pretty darn slow and dull. I'm trying to make sense out of one now.
Before I had a blue sponge 40 deg H3 and that with the proper technique is fast and powerful. The orange sponge is slow.
Since the fall season is over I'm now trying out stuff, I've just glued on a Dingtian Young Shine, basically H3 blue sponge clone and it is really good. It reminds me of the real deal from DHS. It makes me wonder who the manufacturer is... If it's DHS then I am not surprised but if it's someone else... woah.

From Yinhe I only tried the Big Dipper and Moon Speed. Both are okay and I think they are much easier to use than most of DHS gear. Big Dipper probably is the gateway drug for Chinese tacky rubbers. It should be the first one someone tries before going for a H3 blue sponge, but make no mistake if someone has enough power Big Dipper falls short in spin and stability - like really badly. Maybe more expensive Yinhe gear is better tho, BD has bottom of the barrel price too.

Dingtian Young Shine,
yes, an interesting rubber. Did you glued it on straight out of the packet or did you prepared it as per the recommendations ?

p.s. they are now on Ali but there they cost me US$ 60 for a blue sponge 39/2.1

http://m.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDc0NDAyMDUwOA==.html?pgcpgcid=UMTg0NTAwMDA2OA%3D%3D&sharekey=b989d0e3e49a7e25bcc31cec3daed37a1

Way to use :

one layer booster on sponge first , then 3-4 layers of water based glue , then one layer booster on glue.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Dingtian Young Shine,
yes, an interesting rubber. Did you glued it on straight out of the packet or did you prepared it as per the recommendations ?

p.s. they are now on Ali but there they cost me US$ 60 for a blue sponge 39/2.1

http://m.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDc0NDAyMDUwOA==.html?pgcpgcid=UMTg0NTAwMDA2OA%3D%3D&sharekey=b989d0e3e49a7e25bcc31cec3daed37a1

Way to use :

one layer booster on sponge first , then 3-4 layers of water based glue , then one layer booster on glue.

I used 2 light layers of Falco on sponge and 3 layers of revolution high viscosity on sponge and 1 on blade. Prince of TT and Prott has them for 25-30USD plus shipping. If it cost 60USD I'd just get H3 from Hartly or Prott.
It was really easy to curl up, the 2 light layers made it arch so much that Mcdonalds would blush.

I don't really get the whole thing about using a layer of glue before boosting. It just prevents the oil from getting into the sponge.

Reactions: ttarc and lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I used 2 light layers of Falco on sponge and 3 layers of revolution high viscosity on sponge and 1 on blade. Prince of TT and Prott has them for 25-30USD plus shipping. If it cost 60USD I'd just get H3 from Hartly or Prott.
It was really easy to curl up, the 2 light layers made it arch so much that Mcdonalds would blush.

I don't really get the whole thing about using a layer of glue before boosting. It just prevents the oil from getting into the sponge.

Yep, i checked TT-prince and interestingly enough the orange sponge are a few dollars cheaper than the blue sponge version. At aliexpress it is the other way
around. ( And ridiculous price too.)
Can you recommend TT prince ????

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Yep, i checked TT-prince and interestingly enough the orange sponge are a few dollars cheaper than the blue sponge version. At aliexpress it is the other way
around. ( And ridiculous price too.)
Can you recommend TT prince ????

yup i bought several times. they are fine

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

bad experience to start .
I ordered the rubber, paid with paypal.
They took my money and then told me they were not shipping until february 15th
not impressed with the prince ofTT

Hey man, my bad on this one. I just realized a few days ago that TTNPP has it for 23USD. That is an insane deal. And they have Vega Asia for 30USD too, both of these pricings are great. I ordered 2 sheets from both of 40deg Young Shine and from Vega Asia on Xmas day and TTNPP shipped them today.

I have seen on a video that there is a Young Shine rubber that has the glue layer on the sponge and is probably boosted since it comes in a vacuum package.
Sure this is not a big deal, some other brands do it too however the vacuum pack looked exactly like the H3N ones, same type of plastic and the sealing on the edge of the plastic was done the same as DHS. I'm fairly sure this is made by DHS, but the topsheet is less tacky for sure.

I have seen it on a french forum that someone made some pretty awesome close up pics of the rubber topsheet and the sponge and the rubber topsheet looked pretty much identical to H3 and the sponge looked extremely similar to the blue sponge from DHS. The Young Shine had smaller pores than the blue sponge but that could be manufacturing difference, it was so similar. I would love to link the pics however the french forum doesn't load any pics now...

I think Latej is also following this thread, and this rubber should be on the short list!

Last edited:
Reactions: latej
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Hey man, my bad on this one. I just realized a few days ago that TTNPP has it for 23USD. That is an insane deal. And they have Vega Asia for 30USD too, both of these pricings are great. I ordered 2 sheets from both of 40deg Young Shine and from Vega Asia on Xmas day and TTNPP shipped them today.

No problemo my old brain got confused. After googling the rubber I got to the prince website and ordered. AFTER i ordered i went to the homepage and saw this note: Sorry but i can't turn the fukken thing.
Anyway, paypal confirmed my payment and prince TT is simply not answering any email.
First and last purchase from them.
I hate shops that hide behind alleged language problems or just play dumm

IMG20221226081154%20jpg.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Just posting the pics I mentioned earlier. Now they loaded fine, not sure if it was a Forum problem or Windows problem...
Clearly they are not the same but darn close.

Switch to Linux :) I tried to find it. The video is great and there are links to a speed&spin french shop. The Dingtian blue sponge (black only) seems to be produced in H37 - H40 (and H40 is not available now), there is no H41. The orange sponge (black and red) - black is available in H41, but red is at the moment not available in H37. The rubber is max. interesting, but I couldn't find it in AliEx. If you know where, please post.

And the BS version only up to H40? The Sanwei Target Pro seems to be up to only H40 too. Same with 729 Battle 2 if I am not mistaken. (I had some B2 but prefer H3). So, not many options.

The other option is old master's Lodro Rxton 5, looks very good. No explicit hardness info there though, I can only trust his feeling. Btw, Mr. Lodro, how about buying durometer in shore O (the one Mr. IgorPonger presented recently) :) Generally when a brand provides the hardness info, and the rubber is available in multiple hardnesses, it increases the credibility a lot. Don't get why Loki doesn't.

I wish you all a Happy New Year!

• Haha
Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Switch to Linux :) I tried to find it. The video is great and there are links to a speed&spin french shop. The Dingtian blue sponge (black only) seems to be produced in H37 - H40 (and H40 is not available now), there is no H41. The orange sponge (black and red) - black is available in H41, but red is at the moment not available in H37. The rubber is max. interesting, but I couldn't find it in AliEx. If you know where, please post.

And the BS version only up to H40? The Sanwei Target Pro seems to be up to only H40 too. Same with 729 Battle 2 if I am not mistaken. (I had some B2 but prefer H3). So, not many options.

The other option is old master's Lodro Rxton 5, looks very good. No explicit hardness info there though, I can only trust his feeling. Btw, Mr. Lodro, how about buying durometer in shore O (the one Mr. IgorPonger presented recently) :) Generally when a brand provides the hardness info, and the rubber is available in multiple hardnesses, it increases the credibility a lot. Don't get why Loki doesn't.

I wish you all a Happy New Year!
Here's a New Year present for you - blue sponge in 37-41 degree harness:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002394564720.html

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
My browser is showing 43.14 € per sheet at aliexpress. And speed-and-spin web site does not have it in 41 dedgree hardness which is what latej wanted.

It shows 58,70E for H41 for me from CR, and the H3 BS H41 for 56,52E (Playa), virtually the same price. I hoped that, given that it is not DHS, it would be like 1/2 the price (when I saw the stuff and prices in speed&spin). However, one is for sure, next time, if I am about to order H3, I'll order DingTian instead, red H37 and black H41. Thanks again for the link.